M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion New to me M850i / Outgoing M6GC

02-26-2024, 01:43 PM   #1
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Well I have lurked long enough! The information here is very helpful. Sold our M6GC a few months back to another member and the M850 is here and all cleaned up.

Went back and forth on multiple cars, including the M8 of course - but something kept pulling me back to this and the v8 was a must. If I was going M850, a unique/special color, bowers, and 728m bi color wheels were my preference and tracked it down.

To be clear this was the next gen 6 series, no question - the silhouette, the interior layout - my son didnt even realize the car was different when he sat in it (only 8 yrs old). In New England, the roads are brutal and the weather calls to either change wheels or park it for 4 months and was happy to find an enthusiast for the M6.

First feedback is this is very responsive - the 6 was raw, felt like you were sitting on a rocket but also wasnt all wheel. So far really enjoying it - I can appreciate a lot of minor details or evolutionfrom the m6 and pleasantly surprised at the power.

Thanks to all the folks who dug in to engine settings, B&W settings and more - I copied all of it and it definitely makes a difference.

For mods installed - Ryan @ IND sent spacers, new mirrors, side reflectors. A local xpel guy for front xpel, paint correction, tint, and ceramic coating.

It is calling for a lowering kit but undecided. Otherwise perhaps a f93 spoiler or painting/wrapping the gray bumper-diffuser.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
sullic72.00
__AD__249.50
Tenac4538.50
Seaford1147.50
      02-26-2024, 04:26 PM   #2
JtheW
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 m850gc