M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion 8 series AUX/Connected phone problem

05-28-2019, 09:27 AM   #1
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i, '18 X6M, '16 M4

8 series AUX/Connected phone problem

Hellow fellow 8 series owners! I've had this problem where when I plug my phone in to play music, I try to toggle the songs through the steering wheel and heads up display and it'll constantly say "loading" or "title __"... even through the I drive system it still won't pull up all my songs! All beit I have 500+ songs but never seemed to be a problem in any of my other BMWS! told my dealer, they fixed it and it happened again the next day, does anyone else have this problem? They told me to hold the Volume button till it hard resets but that doesn't solve the issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 12:13 PM   #2
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

Have you tried not plugging in the phone but rather just pairing it to the car through Bluetooth? That's how my iPhone connects to the 850's iDrive or CarPlay and music sharing is flawless.
- Retired: Three Lexuses.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2019, 01:36 PM   #3
Rogerha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 840d Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post
Hellow fellow 8 series owners! I've had this problem where when I plug my phone in to play music, I try to toggle the songs through the steering wheel and heads up display and it'll constantly say "loading" or "title __"... even through the I drive system it still won't pull up all my songs! All beit I have 500+ songs but never seemed to be a problem in any of my other BMWS! told my dealer, they fixed it and it happened again the next day, does anyone else have this problem? They told me to hold the Volume button till it hard resets but that doesn't solve the issue.
Have you tried both USB ports ? I have had a mission to get my 20,000 strong lossless library into the car, originally on a iPod classic that didn’t play well at all. Anyway - whilst trying out various solutions I was getting different outcomes from the 2 USB ports, the one that worked most consistently was the one in the armrest. Well at least that worked for me anyway.
Appreciate 2
      05-28-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot47fla View Post
Have you tried not plugging in the phone but rather just pairing it to the car through Bluetooth? That's how my iPhone connects to the 850's iDrive or CarPlay and music sharing is flawless.
Quote:
Yes I have done Bluetooth and it will give me a list of songs but say I scroll down 10 and they all just start saying Title ___!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 06:49 PM   #5
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerha View Post
Quote:
Have you tried both USB ports ? I have had a mission to get my 20,000 strong lossless library into the car, originally on a iPod classic that didn’t play well at all. Anyway - whilst trying out various solutions I was getting different outcomes from the 2 USB ports, the one that worked most consistently was the one in the armrest. Well at least that worked for me anyway.
Quote:
Wow. Had the car for 3 months and didnt even known there was an actual USB port in the armrest. Lol! Thanks for the suggestion, will try it tomorrow!!
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2019, 12:46 PM   #6
Rogerha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 840d Dravit Grey

Just a heads-up, it’s USB-C so you might need an adapter.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 01:06 PM   #7
forbegos34
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 840xDrive Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
I have the same problem in my 2020 840xi. I can hear the songs perfectly, even select playlists with no issues, but when I want to use the scroll wheel on the steering wheel it doesn't show my songs, it just says loading...please wait. I have it connected via bluetooth directly to iDrive. No Apple CarPlay. Anyone else having the same issues, solutions???
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 10:54 PM   #8
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
edwarjejeega I use MP3 and have all of my music loaded onto MediaMonkey (has good links to Google/Prime) and I copy this onto a USB. Instantly connected and always available. Solved all my frustrations with previous beemers.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 05:42 PM   #9
forbegos34
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 840xDrive Coupe

Garage List
I've noticed now that issue happens only when I select a playlist and shuffle it. I guess there is an issue when you play the list shuffled?
Appreciate 0