M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Official BMW 8 Series Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread

12-04-2019, 08:43 PM   #45
happydanny3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Got offered a $123k M850i lease for $1200/mo and about 5k due at signing. I walked and ended up getting a 740i for $995/mo
Appreciate 2
      12-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #46
falb
M6GC
United_States
Rep
Drives: RIP e60 M5, e39 M5, e39 540-6

I was able to order an M8 Gran Coupe Comp on 11/25. First build slot for the dealer, no idea when delivery will be at this point.
#25 Algarve Pro Oreca LMP2 in ELMS
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2019, 02:24 PM   #47
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by falb View Post
I was able to order an M8 Gran Coupe Comp on 11/25. First build slot for the dealer, no idea when delivery will be at this point.
Congrats on the M8 GCC. By now you should have a build date for the allocation and given you are on the west coast you can add about 30 days to that for the trans Atlantic voyage, East Coast port, journey down through the Panama Canal, Long Beach port, VPC and auto transport to your dealer. Just lived through all of that for my M850i so know it seems like a long time.
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2019, 02:23 PM   #48
falb
M6GC
United_States
Rep
Drives: RIP e60 M5, e39 M5, e39 540-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Congrats on the M8 GCC. By now you should have a build date for the allocation and given you are on the west coast you can add about 30 days to that for the trans Atlantic voyage, East Coast port, journey down through the Panama Canal, Long Beach port, VPC and auto transport to your dealer. Just lived through all of that for my M850i so know it seems like a long time.
3 weeks and no build date. Dealer indicated mid feb. I thought it was a earlier production slot and they stated it was their first production slot. So it could be a March delivery. Seems long.
#25 Algarve Pro Oreca LMP2 in ELMS
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2020, 05:43 PM   #49
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Updated with January 2020 rates -- no changes.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2020, 09:04 PM   #50
gustovier
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 840ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggysee View Post
Took delivery of a 2020 840xi Gran Coupe - $98,345 MSRP, 8.5% off MSRP plus $3K in loyalty and 54% residual. Payment with NY taxes rolled in is ~$1250/mo for 12K miles/36 months.

Somethings to note as far as ordering go - parking assistant plus is no longer an option on US vehicles (not exactly sure why). Also, LED system glows when you get phone calls and it is possible to have Apple Car Play and an android phone connected to bluetooth at the same time, which is nice.
What dealer did you work with for that good of a discount off MSRP? My current dealer is giving me about 8.3% off MSRP including the $3k loyalty!
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2020, 09:06 PM   #51
GreenLantern
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustovier View Post
What dealer did you work with for that good of a discount off MSRP? My current dealer is giving me about 8.3% off MSRP including the $3k loyalty!
I wouldn't ever include loyalty as part of discount calculations a dealer gives. Dealers like to do this, but it's not transparent.

Loyalty incentives should be calculated as compounding on top of discounts.

In the end, that's how the math works, but how it's "presented" is the key here. Perception is reality. Dealers know this.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2020, 09:10 PM   #52
gustovier
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 840ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I wouldn't ever include loyalty as part of discount calculations a dealer gives. Dealers like to do this, but it's not transparent.

In the end, that's how the math works, but how it's "presented" is the key here. Perception is reality. Dealers know this.
Yup I know. I just now need another dealer to go talk to that is giving better deals
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2020, 09:14 PM   #53
GreenLantern
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustovier View Post
Yup I know. I just now need another dealer to go talk to that is giving better deals
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2020, 10:43 PM   #54
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Agreed and with the volume of 840i's on dealers lots for a walk in and buy I'd target at a minimum 8% discount off of MSRP regardless of incentives. Of course the number of dealers in the area plays a key part in the discount off of MSRP negotiation. Case-in-point with the two dealers here in the Phoenix area plus an easy purchase in CA or NV dictates that I'd realistically shoot for 10% off MSRP and add in the incentives for gravy on the deal.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2020, 01:10 PM   #55
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

Quote:
Quote:

Agreed and with the volume of 840i's on dealers lots for a walk in and buy I'd target at a minimum 8% discount off of MSRP regardless of incentives. Of course the number of dealers in the area plays a key part in the discount off of MSRP negotiation. Case-in-point with the two dealers here in the Phoenix area plus an easy purchase in CA or NV dictates that I'd realistically shoot for 10% off MSRP and add in the incentives for gravy on the deal.
Hello, anyone know if rates, incentives, stayed the same for the 2020 M850i ?
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2020, 04:18 PM   #56
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstm31993 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Hello, anyone know if rates, incentives, stayed the same for the 2020 M850i ?
Same question on M8 Comp GC...
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2020, 08:32 PM   #57
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Interesting as Jason hasn't updated the master thread with March deal info. A quick Google search indicates that the standard financing APR dropped to 2.99 from 3.30%. From an incentives perspective hopefully the loyalty stayed at $3K (or improved) and the money factor for leasing as well.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2020, 09:15 PM   #58
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Interesting as Jason hasn't updated the master thread with March deal info. A quick Google search indicates that the standard financing APR dropped to 2.99 from 3.30%. From an incentives perspective hopefully the loyalty stayed at $3K (or improved) and the money factor for leasing as well.
My CA advised today that nothing has changed. That's what I got, I'll wait for further confirmation.

I got a quote that seems to be pretty good on a 20 M850i gran coupe; however, I can't factor in flagship discount money until I get into my final month to lock in. I hope it's still available, I also hope the 3k incentive gets bette, loyalty becomes available, the residual goes up, and the money factor

Hope that wasn't too much wishful thinking
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2020, 09:24 PM   #59
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My CA advised today that nothing has changed. That's what I got, I'll wait for further confirmation.

I got a quote that seems to be pretty good on a 20 M850i gran coupe; however, I can't factor in flagship discount money until I get into my final month to lock in. I hope it's still available, I also hope the 3k incentive gets bette, loyalty becomes available, the residual goes up, and the money factor

Flagship discount?
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2020, 10:28 AM   #60
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:

Flagship discount?
Yep
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2020, 10:55 AM   #61
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Flagship discount?
Yep
I meant what is it? I'm about to collect my M8 and wanted to understand what this is.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2020, 01:41 PM   #62
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Flagship discount?
Yep
I meant what is it? I'm about to collect my M8 and wanted to understand what this is.
The flagship money is given to dealerships / sales guys, it's attached to certain model vehicles as an incentive to sell more of a particular make/model vehicle. The amount of money off each vehicle varies based on the vehicle. The program last month to month. Ask your sales guy to see the list, assuming his dealership is involved. I've seen discounts range from $2k to 5k. 8 series were included!
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2020, 02:45 PM   #63
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

March program rates updated.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2020, 05:28 PM   #64
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
March program rates updated.
Program stayed the same?
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2020, 07:01 PM   #65
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Program stayed the same?
Everything appears to be the same for the last 2 months. MF still appears to be .00142
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2020, 08:05 PM   #66
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The flagship money is given to dealerships / sales guys, it's attached to certain model vehicles as an incentive to sell more of a particular make/model vehicle. The amount of money off each vehicle varies based on the vehicle. The program last month to month. Ask your sales guy to see the list, assuming his dealership is involved. I've seen discounts range from $2k to 5k. 8 series were included!
Thanks for the detail as did not know the specifics either. In some senses this is equivalent to US vehicle manufacturer's dealer hold back and incentives. Thus, unless you ask they our considering it on their profit side vs offering it up transparently in the deal. Even then they perhaps do not have to offer it up within the deal as a discount to the buyer but any sane CA will likely do so as unless they are absolutely short sighted the entire game is to build customer loyalty to a dealership.
Appreciate 1