M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Roll Bars for M8 Coupe at Studio RSR

11-22-2023, 09:00 PM   #1
M8C F92
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW B8 Competition

Roll Bars for M8 Coupe at Studio RSR

Although I was able to find a number of performance upgrades for the M8C, I had a very difficult time finding safety gear purpose built for the car. Studio RSR did a custom roll bar design for me and now has the form and it is available for the M8. Not a lot of people doing this to the 8, but wanted to share in the event you are looking for some safety upgrades.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Tenac4598.00
bbradyc5384.00
      11-22-2023, 10:42 PM   #2
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Very nice. And frozen black!

How much do those rear seats weigh?

Nice to know I’m not the only crazy mofo that’s investing in this car.
Appreciate 1
M8C F9240.50
      11-22-2023, 10:57 PM   #3
M8C F92
Rep

I am not sure the weight. I have ordered the Recaro Podium CF front seats to drop weight and add harnesses but the car is still at Studio RSR. When I get the car back I will weigh them and circle back.

Nice to find a fellow enthusiast! I am definitely nuts. It was painful at first to find mods, but seeing more and more available. I try to share what I can as the universe of people seriously modding the platform is limited.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2023, 11:43 PM   #4
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M8C F92 View Post
I am not sure the weight. I have ordered the Recaro Podium CF front seats to drop weight and add harnesses but the car is still at Studio RSR. When I get the car back I will weigh them and circle back.

Nice to find a fellow enthusiast! I am definitely nuts. It was painful at first to find mods, but seeing more and more available. I try to share what I can as the universe of people seriously modding the platform is limited.
Yeah mate, I know what you mean.

I don’t care if others think I’m nutz!

I need to resurrect the mods thread or we need to start a middle of the road serious mods only thread. Then there’s Brady’s mod thread that is a whole other level, but we don’t know what you’ve done to your engine.
Appreciate 1
M8C F9240.50
      11-23-2023, 12:01 AM   #5
M8C F92
Rep

I’ll put together my engine mod list and send it tomorrow. I’d love to get a thread going for us that are seriously modding. It helps with both lessons learned and speed up finding both mod options and folks that know how to work out the kinks. It seems like I am always trying to get past the next limiter or anticipate the break point of the next component.
Appreciate 1
bbradyc5384.00
      11-23-2023, 08:13 AM   #6
M8C F92
Rep

My meaningful engine upgrades are:
* RK Autowerks built engine
* RK Autowerks billet intake manifold
* RK Autowerks Stage 2 Turbos
* Eventuri intake
* CSF charge coolers
* Keller downpipes
* Akrapovic exhaust
* Pure Drivetrain Stage 2 Transmission Build
* Utku Noa Performance Tune
* XHP Stage 3 Transmission Tune
* KW Coilovers
Appreciate 2
Tenac4598.00
      11-23-2023, 11:12 AM   #7
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
My meaningful engine upgrades are:
* RK Autowerks built engine
* RK Autowerks billet intake manifold
* RK Autowerks Stage 2 Turbos
* Eventuri intake
* CSF charge coolers
* Keller downpipes
* Akrapovic exhaust
* Pure Drivetrain Stage 2 Transmission Build
* Utku Noa Performance Tune
* XHP Stage 3 Transmission Tune
* KW Coilovers
Great list of mods, I've been looking at the Pure 900 turbos for when I begin the build. Quick question who built your engine and how long did that work about take?? If you don't mind cost range would be nice as well. I'm looking at following almost the same as you listed here but might not go as high HP bc I like to daily it and wasn't sure of it being just too much to handle with normal driving.

Here is my weak list so far:
Valvetronic Titanium exhaust
Eventuri intake
RK Secondary Downpipes.
On the way is the Carbhan suspension upgrades Rear toe link kit, mono ball kit, and coili over suspension kit.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 2
      11-23-2023, 01:02 PM   #8
M8C F92
Rep

RK built my engine. I sent in my factory core and they sent me a forged built engine. This is the link to the engine: https://www.rkautowerks.com/index.ph...forged-s63tu4/

I have been happy with the engine so far consistently running it tuned in the high 900HP range. I have heard good things about the Pure 900 turbos. The RK Stage 2 turbos and the Vargas turbos are all good at that HP level from what I have seen/heard.

The tuner was key for me to get the most out of my turbos as there are very few out there that are really focused on the platform.
Appreciate 2
Tenac4598.00
      11-23-2023, 08:15 PM   #9
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
RK built my engine. I sent in my factory core and they sent me a forged built engine. This is the link to the engine: https://www.rkautowerks.com/index.ph...forged-s63tu4/

I have been happy with the engine so far consistently running it tuned in the high 900HP range. I have heard good things about the Pure 900 turbos. The RK Stage 2 turbos and the Vargas turbos are all good at that HP level from what I have seen/heard.

The tuner was key for me to get the most out of my turbos as there are very few out there that are really focused on the platform.
You definitely have one of the nicest cars out there and one of the bravest of us all with the mods you’ve done. Hope you’ll share more with us. I bumped a whole bunch of threads hoping you may contribute. I will update my stuff too. Lots to do this offseason. My car is in the shop for the season
Appreciate 1
M8C F9240.50
      11-23-2023, 08:17 PM   #10
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I’ll put together my engine mod list and send it tomorrow. I’d love to get a thread going for us that are seriously modding. It helps with both lessons learned and speed up finding both mod options and folks that know how to work out the kinks. It seems like I am always trying to get past the next limiter or anticipate the break point of the next component.
Please start such a thread. I’ll contribute for sure. Some of the threads I bumped were dead. Maybe we need a fresh go of it. It’s that time of the year when many put our cars away so things slow down on the forum
Appreciate 1
M8C F9240.50
      11-24-2023, 09:44 AM   #11
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:

Thanks for the info, my local builder is telling me that I could get 840hp out of the stock setup with a tune and pure 900 turbos. This includes transmission tune as well. When I contacted another build shop regarding the engine work they said anything over 900+ would need that work. Wondering if I tune for 800-820hp and keep TQ around 760 if I should be fine without a rebuild. Thoughts?
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2023, 05:29 PM   #12
M8C F92
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
Thanks for the info, my local builder is telling me that I could get 840hp out of the stock setup with a tune and pure 900 turbos. This includes transmission tune as well. When I contacted another build shop regarding the engine work they said anything over 900+ would need that work. Wondering if I tune for 800-820hp and keep TQ around 760 if I should be fine without a rebuild. Thoughts?
What your builder said is consistent with my experience. I didn’t start breaking things until I got torque to 1,000+. Manhartt, CarBahn, G-Power all have 900hp builds that do not require an engine or transmission build. Based on my experience your plan is solid.
Appreciate 1
Tenac4598.00
      11-24-2023, 05:32 PM   #13
M8C F92
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Thrillride View Post
You definitely have one of the nicest cars out there and one of the bravest of us all with the mods you’ve done. Hope you’ll share more with us. I bumped a whole bunch of threads hoping you may contribute. I will update my stuff too. Lots to do this offseason. My car is in the shop for the season
I am happy to share and love to discuss the potential mods for the car. Also, happy to help anyone navigate the mods that are available. I have spent hours searching for mods and willing to share my experience or point anyone in a directly based on my experience.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 08:42 PM   #14
bbradyc5
BMW Noob
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Comp

That’s a badass cage build. Looks awesome! So happy to see others on here pushing this platform as the M3/M4 crowd gets all the aftermarket support and is making huge strides forward. We have the potential to make some serious power and just need to keep exploring different combos and what works (and what doesn’t). Keep up the good work
Appreciate 0