M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Strange Fault Code after Downpipes

12-11-2023, 09:19 AM   #1
HelloM8s
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C, 20 F-150 Limited

Strange Fault Code after Downpipes

I DIY'd both primary and secondary downpipes on my 2022 M8 GC Comp.

Wasn't too bad just wish I had a lift to facilitate the whole process.

After installation everything seemed fine, CEL light came up as expected but it wasn't for a catless downpipe. Atleast not within the first mile.

I am getting

-1C0204 : Oil Pressure Control Valve Actuation: Line break
-180001 : Catless Downpipes Detected
-21B2C7

Last 3 CEL's came up after 30 miles of driving give or take.

My concern is the 1C0204 code, can't find absolutely anything.
Anyone that may have access to the service tech's ISTA diagrams that may be able to provide me anything related to the oil pressure control valve?

Mods on car
-JB4 Map 2
-Catless downpipes
-Intakes
-Resonator Delete

Last edited by HelloM8s; 12-11-2023 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 09:40 AM   #2
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

First off without programing out the cat's the car will be throwing many awkward error codes. Number one rule I've encountered when installing catless before programming is DO NOT DRIVE... lol the reason isn't bad for the car but it will throw permanent codes which require the expensive diagnostic equipment to erase.

For your peace of mind I would back track on the directions and make sure to double check the plugs or anything you had to remove. You won't get an actual oil pressure error unless you had to mess around with that portion of the vehicle. Do you happen to plan to get the CEL programmed off? I think I would try that and clear all the errors before diving back in too deep if you do a once over of your install work.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 2
Vic5519554.50
      12-11-2023, 10:31 AM   #3
HelloM8s
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C, 20 F-150 Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
First off without programing out the cat's the car will be throwing many awkward error codes. Number one rule I've encountered when installing catless before programming is DO NOT DRIVE... lol the reason isn't bad for the car but it will throw permanent codes which require the expensive diagnostic equipment to erase.

For your peace of mind I would back track on the directions and make sure to double check the plugs or anything you had to remove. You won't get an actual oil pressure error unless you had to mess around with that portion of the vehicle. Do you happen to plan to get the CEL programmed off? I think I would try that and clear all the errors before diving back in too deep if you do a once over of your install work.
I would have to remove the skid plate again and look carefully around the oil pan and filter area. I know I had to strike the cats multiple times to remove them. If all looks good there then under the cooling tank is really where I had to keep moving the tank around to get clearance.

When I clear the codes using the JB4 the only one left is that oil pressure control valve.

I have an autel scan tool and BM3 dongle to use with the BM3 app but that's about it.

As far as tuning the emissions CEL I'm not ready to drop $3500+ in software (DME unlock + custom tuning) yet. So I may just place a decal over the light
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 12:08 PM   #4
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloM8s View Post
I would have to remove the skid plate again and look carefully around the oil pan and filter area. I know I had to strike the cats multiple times to remove them. If all looks good there then under the cooling tank is really where I had to keep moving the tank around to get clearance.

When I clear the codes using the JB4 the only one left is that oil pressure control valve.

I have an autel scan tool and BM3 dongle to use with the BM3 app but that's about it.

As far as tuning the emissions CEL I'm not ready to drop $3500+ in software (DME unlock + custom tuning) yet. So I may just place a decal over the light
Yea for sure a once over would be great, never know when a sensor was knocked loose, I don't know exactly where that sensor would be but thinking you might not have been close too the work you did. I'm not at a location to look up something like realoem for part break down it typically shows you where they sensor will be located.

Don't forget though without the Cats and O2 sensors you risk damage if in possible lean situations. I would never suggest running without the sensors running to give the engine the data it needs to properly mix air/fuel properly. So programing is very important.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0