M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Gran Coupe - Removing Headliner for starlights

04-24-2024, 09:09 AM   #1
HelloM8s
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C, 20 F-150 Limited

Gran Coupe - Removing Headliner for starlights

I have a 2022 M8 GC Comp and I'll be doing star-lights to it soon.

I've done them in my theater room and I feel like I can really enjoy them in the car given that I have 5% tint all around and 35% on the windshield.

Anyone ever remove the headliner on a M8? Gran coupe preferably?

Just need more of like tips/tricks as I know BMW suggest removing the rear glass lol.

I may be able to finesse it by removing the drivers seat. But would like some feed back before I start taking it apart.

Thanks in advanced!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 12:59 PM   #2
Darshan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 sold/ F06 M6 sold/ f93

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloM8s View Post
I have a 2022 M8 GC Comp and I'll be doing star-lights to it soon.

I've done them in my theater room and I feel like I can really enjoy them in the car given that I have 5% tint all around and 35% on the windshield.

Anyone ever remove the headliner on a M8? Gran coupe preferably?

Just need more of like tips/tricks as I know BMW suggest removing the rear glass lol.

I may be able to finesse it by removing the drivers seat. But would like some feed back before I start taking it apart.

Thanks in advanced!
I had my headliner for my gran coupe done by a shop in New Jersey called allinoneshop. You maybe able to reach out to the owner Augie and see if he is willing to provide some info.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 01:25 PM   #3
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

I had to have the headliner removed in my 328GT by a main dealer under warranty (long story) and the labour was almost £1800.

They described it as ‘a nightmare job’.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 03:06 PM   #4
Broccoli-mobile
Rep
Drives: BMW M8

An apples to oranges comparison. I pulled the headliner in my 2015 Chevy SS to install sound dampener/foam/mlv, and it was a booger. I had to recline both seats all the way. I then pushed the headliner all thr way forward toward the base of the windshield and was able to get it out the back driver side door. Roughly looking at it, you could prob do the same thing here. I have thought about it, with the CF roof, but have not had the ambition to try it.
Appreciate 0