M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion S63 Engine Cover M Emblem

01-26-2024, 08:37 PM   #1
AlexEsq
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
S63 Engine Cover M Emblem

Noticed that the little M badge on my engine cover has been rubbing against the felt fabric sound deadening on the underside of the hood. It’s worn it down and taken the color off of a part of it.

I’m looking for an OEM replacement and it seems no one sells it. RealOEM doesn’t have a part number for it individually. Seems it only comes with the entire engine cover which feels silly to purchase just for this flimsy little metal piece…

Anyone figure out a way to get this replacement emblem/badge?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 07:46 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Not having an M8…I have no context to what size that emblem is….placing a ruler next to it could have been helpful.

So is that emblem a totally different size than any other M emblem? I ask because there is #9 & #10 in the part database that has an M emblem that is part of the entire //M 8 emblem and it looks like the //M section is separate from the “8”. Is the //M on the engine cover the same as one of these emblems…just toss the “8” and use the //M.

EDIT: measure the //M emblem under the hood to see if is the same size as the rear //M emblem on the trunk. If it is…you can order an //M emblem and as mentioned above…toss the “8”. This emblem probably costs less than an entire engine acoustic cover.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 01-27-2024 at 08:15 AM..
Appreciate 2
Tenac4548.50
      01-27-2024, 01:49 PM   #3
AlexEsq
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Not having an M8…I have no context to what size that emblem is….placing a ruler next to it could have been helpful.

So is that emblem a totally different size than any other M emblem? I ask because there is #9 & #10 in the part database that has an M emblem that is part of the entire //M 8 emblem and it looks like the //M section is separate from the “8”. Is the //M on the engine cover the same as one of these emblems…just toss the “8” and use the //M.

EDIT: measure the //M emblem under the hood to see if is the same size as the rear //M emblem on the trunk. If it is…you can order an //M emblem and as mentioned above…toss the “8”. This emblem probably costs less than an entire engine acoustic cover.
Thanks, the engine cover emblem is completely different from the boot lid badge in its construction. The engine cover badge is a thin piece of stamped sheet metal that’s had color screen printed or some other method of emblazoning color on it. It’s not a plastic badge like the boot lid piece.

It’s not on the vehicle trim section where the roundels or the bootlid badges appear. It does appear on the engine cover, but seems it may not be available without buying an engine cover.

Seems to be a common piece on the F90 M5 as well as G8x M3/M4 and probably M2 and X3/4/5/6 M versions.

Here’s a better look at it…
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 09:19 AM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Wow...yep, that's a totally different emblem. Unfortunately its not a common item so its not like you can find one easily on a used engine cover.

The only other source other than a new acoustic cover may be a knock off from one of those sites where you find counterfeit parts.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0