M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 08 Sti???

10-11-2007, 09:47 AM   #23
damian
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinzero View Post
Wolfy, you know some people consider it rather "tasteless"
to use your car to show your "class"?
Yeah, kinda like how many BMWs say abou their owners: "loooook at me! my hairline is receding but I have a fat wallet!"
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 09:50 AM   #24
BtheMoneW
Private
Rep
Drives: MKIV 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian View Post
Yeah, kinda like how many BMWs say abou their owners: "loooook at me! my hairline is receding but I have a fat wallet!"
The new WRX is ugly, get over it subaru boy
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #25
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtheMoneW View Post
The new WRX is ugly, get over it subaru boy
As opposed to the good looking older WRX?

And once the 1 series hits the floor, you're gonna be seeing even more Subaru boys around here, so better get used to it. :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #26
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian View Post
Only that second part is true. :tongue:
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 11:03 AM   #27
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Why on earth do we have two threads with the exact same pictures of the exact same car created on the same day? I mean could you not see the glaring STi thread just two notches below this one? I really enjoy this forum but how many redundant threads do we need?
      10-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #28
Madjack
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgerMitFries View Post
Wow, that 4 door bubble back is uglier than homemede sin and I'm sure that absurd looking hood scoop helps it get to 60 at least a second faster. Instead of twin exhaust pipes on either side, I think it should have quad exhaust pipes on either side.

That car principally says about its owner that....
1. You're a child or have a childish mentality
2. You have no taste
3. You have no class

Really, I can't get over how butt ugly that thing is. Yes I'm sure its fast, but I'm also sure that I'd be embarrassed to have a pizza delivered to my house in that thing.
You obviously kno wnothing about the STi.

The hood scoop feeds the intercooler, which sits on top of the boxer motor. I think they did a great job of integrating it into the hood, unlike previous models.

Also, calling the owner childish with no taste or class tells me that you must be at the oldest 17 or your mental capacity has not matured above.

The new STi is looking to be a pretty nice car. It is lighter than last years, is going to have more power, and is slightly shorter in overall length. If they don't screw it up by putting some fat American seats in it, it will definitely be on my short list of cars. The 135i not having LSD is severely hampering my decision to buy one.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 11:43 AM   #29
WolfsburgerMitFries
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3er

Chirp, chirp, chirp
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #30
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Since when you need a car to show your maturity? Might as well buy a Oldsmobile. 1 series don't scream maturity either. I have seen it called as a cheerleader's bmw on other bmw forums.

Quote:
BMW makes a cheerleader's car: 1 seres convertible (url) - Kaptain 2007-09-30 23:29:42 (238 views) (568 thread views)

10-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #31
ducati
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

STI says boy racer?

BMW badge says snob?

1er says you can't afford a 3? etc etc

Both badges/cars have positive and negative connotations associated with them. Personally, I could care less what other people believe my car says about me. It says nothing. It is there to get around, and engage me in the act of driving. That's it. BMW propeller or the Pleiades, doesn't matter to me. If you have some sort of personal image wrapped up in your car, I suspect you'll be buying a BMW and slamming the STI... More power to ya.

You might want to open your mind a bit, though, you're missing some good cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #32
Stay a while and listen...
Rep
Drives: vr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinzero View Post
Wolfy, you know some people consider it rather "tasteless"
to use your car to show your "class"?
+1
Wolf, 90% of the stuff you post makes me LMAO but this was "tasteless".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati
STI says boy racer?

BMW badge says snob?

1er says you can't afford a 3? etc etc

Both badges/cars have positive and negative connotations associated with them. Personally, I could care less what other people believe my car says about me. It says nothing. It is there to get around, and engage me in the act of driving. That's it. BMW propeller or the Pleiades, doesn't matter to me. If you have some sort of personal image wrapped up in your car, I suspect you'll be buying a BMW and slamming the STI... More power to ya.

You might want to open your mind a bit, though, you're missing some good cars.
Couldn't have said it better.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #33
Madjack
Private
Rep
Drives:

I think this new STi looks less "boy racer" than previous years. Gone is the ironing board rear spoiler. Now it is just an aggressive looking hatchback. I would have been happier if it was a 2-door instead of the 4-door, but this will be more practical.

I agree with what some of you are saying. I drive the car because that is what I want to drive not because I want people to look at me with envy. There are cars out there that would be better suited to generate envy over than a 1 series BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #34
STI-135
Rep
Drives:

def not a fan of the new Subbie.
Should be quick though.
Looks like 325hp similar torque and lighter than past years.
Still , 35-40k for a hatch??
Looks like so many other cars out there(cheaper ones at that).
I like my fast ironing board(lol).

Hmmm ...........I wonder why I am here(lol).
      10-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #35
audisp0rta4
Rep
Drives: 05 Mazda Rx8

Dude the 135i is definately not all that.......imagewise. In my eyes it doesn't look any classier than the new STI or EVO X. I can't get over the Felix the Cat headlights but I still love the functionality of the car. The same can be said about the STI and EVO. Theyre extremely functional as affordable giant killers and thats what you buy them for, not to pretend like you're high society!
If you wanna look like a real baller, spend some real money on a Phantom and a driver!
89 Nissan 240sx (sr20det) -sold
03 Ninja ZX6R 636
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 08:35 AM   #36
ducati
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDISP0RTA4 View Post
Dude the 135i is definately not all that.......imagewise. In my eyes it doesn't look any classier than the new STI or EVO X. I can't get over the Felix the Cat headlights but I still love the functionality of the car. The same can be said about the STI and EVO. Theyre extremely functional as affordable giant killers and thats what you buy them for, not to pretend like you're high society!
If you wanna look like a real baller, spend some real money on a Phantom and a driver!
Reality check, +1
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #37
94urS4
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Its way too over the top. Id rather drive fast in a BMW. And twinturbo 6's dont come along all that often.
Appreciate 0