M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion H&R Springs on M850I

04-28-2024, 06:16 PM   #1
IronFather
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Garage List
2023 BMW M850i  [9.25]
Had a set of H&R springs installed on my M850 several days ago at my local BMW dealer. I did get a family discount, but was still fairly expensive. Currently trying to put some miles on it and letting the springs settle before I go back to dealership for an alignment. Took a quick picture before putting it up before the rains come.

So far the car feels a little bouncy on the Comfort setting but on Sport Plus the car rides much better. Not sure what experience others have with these springs, but please share them. I'm currently running 20x9.5 wheels on front with a 265 tire and 20x10.5 on the rear with a 305 tire.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-28-2024, 07:58 PM   #2
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFather View Post
Had a set of H&R springs installed on my M850 several days ago at my local BMW dealer. I did get a family discount, but was still fairly expensive. Currently trying to put some miles on it and letting the springs settle before I go back to dealership for an alignment. Took a quick picture before putting it up before the rains come.

So far the car feels a little bouncy on the Comfort setting but on Sport Plus the car rides much better. Not sure what experience others have with these springs, but please share them. I'm currently running 20x9.5 wheels on front with a 265 tire and 20x10.5 on the rear with a 305 tire.
I can’t say because I don’t have an M850, but your car is looking great!
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2024, 08:25 PM   #3
IronFather
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M850i  [9.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Thrillride View Post
I can’t say because I don’t have an M850, but your car is looking great!
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 11:44 PM   #4
M8Bimmer
Not a good Canadian sheep!
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition

Your car looks really good. It almost looks like chrome.
Very nice !
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 05:55 PM   #5
Wheel man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Garage List
I ran the H&R springs originally because it was the cheapest option. In my opinion the spring rate is a little soft for the 8 series. I had rubbing on all four corners (mostly rear). My last issue was that I could not get my alignment back to factory spec. I also had a set on my E46 M3 and I had the same issue with rubbing/alignment issues.

I am currently running KW HAS kit. The Laws provide a firmer spring rate and includes bump stops that are excellent. I hope your experience is better after breaking them in with the H&Rs…
By the way you have a beautiful M850
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2024, 09:55 PM   #6
IronFather
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M850i  [9.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel man View Post
I ran the H&R springs originally because it was the cheapest option. In my opinion the spring rate is a little soft for the 8 series. I had rubbing on all four corners (mostly rear). My last issue was that I could not get my alignment back to factory spec. I also had a set on my E46 M3 and I had the same issue with rubbing/alignment issues.

I am currently running KW HAS kit. The Laws provide a firmer spring rate and includes bump stops that are excellent. I hope your experience is better after breaking them in with the H&Rs…
By the way you have a beautiful M850
Thank you. No rubbing so far. Plan on getting alignment done next week and then will see how the ride quality is. Prior to spring install, I would normally keep it on the the Sport Plus setting so a little firmness doesn't bother me. My previous C8 and C7 Z06 rode pretty firm. Any bounce though will be a deal breaker.
Appreciate 0