M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Audi TT 2.0 T Coupe...thoughts?

08-03-2007, 11:39 PM   #23
DreDre
Noob (but its okay b/c im a girl)
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord Coupe

I'm going to check out and possibly test drive later today...I cant wait!!!
      08-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #24
DreDre
Rep

Test drive reaction: Wow. I would highly recommend test driving this car for anyone remotely interested in it. My boyfriend and I had a lot of fun with it (he test drove it too). From what I could tell, he found the power to be about equivalent to the 328 and just as fun. The paddle shifters were a definite plus for him (standard on even the base base). The upshifts with the paddles were remarkably smooth and sounded very cool. The dealer likened it to a Ferrari or a F1 car. I was very impressed overall.
      08-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #25
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreDre View Post
Test drive reaction: Wow. I would highly recommend test driving this car for anyone remotely interested in it. My boyfriend and I had a lot of fun with it (he test drove it too). From what I could tell, he found the power to be about equivalent to the 328 and just as fun. The paddle shifters were a definite plus for him (standard on even the base base). The upshifts with the paddles were remarkably smooth and sounded very cool. The dealer likened it to a Ferrari or a F1 car. I was very impressed overall.
Glad you liked it. The 2.0T is a phenomenal little engine--like the motor in the 335, the 2.0T's 200hp rating is widely believed to be underrated based on dyno testing. It's a blast in our GTI, and feels stronger than my old 225hp TT. There is a touch of torque steer in the GTI--did you notice any in the TT?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 10:03 PM   #26
DreDre
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHairsto View Post
Glad you liked it. The 2.0T is a phenomenal little engine--like the motor in the 335, the 2.0T's 200hp rating is widely believed to be underrated based on dyno testing. It's a blast in our GTI, and feels stronger than my old 225hp TT. There is a touch of torque steer in the GTI--did you notice any in the TT?
I didn't notice it. It may have been there though, but I wasn't looking for it, so i cant really give ya a good answer on that one.
      08-10-2007, 12:55 AM   #27
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreDre View Post
Nahh, its not so much that I dont want a BMW...I just think that would be stretching my budget a bit too much. A 1-series would work for me though, so ill be checking that out.

Why dont you trust Audi?
1 series isnt bad, but just doesn't look too attractive...(ps. top gear preferred a gti or a R32, forgot....haha...)

well...ALL of my friends that owned an audi had some problems with it...some small...and small annoying...

ex. her audi suddenly lost power during uphill, and it wouldn't rev higher than 3K rpm...and when she finally managed to get it to her audi dealer...the technicians told her nothing is wrong....and her dealership didn't do much about it...

so i guess the audi's in my area sucks....haha...
Appreciate 0