M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Aftermarket Carbon Fiber Trim

03-20-2020, 02:15 AM   #1
tg_vegas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW B8 Alpina

Aftermarket Carbon Fiber Trim

On my 2020 M8 Coupe Comp I elected not to go for the $5400 Carbon Fiber Upgrade package because I thought it was 1) way overpriced, and 2) too much carbon fiber. I'd like to do my mirrors, possibly the front fender vents, and maybe the spoiler. These parts are not available from BMW (yet). Are they available aftermarket and does the CF pattern match ?????
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2020, 05:49 AM   #2
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg_vegas View Post
On my 2020 M8 Coupe Comp I elected not to go for the $5400 Carbon Fiber Upgrade package because I thought it was 1) way overpriced, and 2) too much carbon fiber. I'd like to do my mirrors, possibly the front fender vents, and maybe the spoiler. These parts are not available from BMW (yet). Are they available aftermarket and does the CF pattern match ?????
They will come but expect to pay way more if quality. For example BMW M perf mirror caps are typically $1000 as are ones from reputable companies like 3D design. The rear spoiler by 3D design is over $2500. My guess is to match the quality plus labor you would pay more. Also assuming 10% discount on the new car the outlay would have been even less for the option. Trust me I wanted it for the X3:M but it wasn't available then and to buy the parts it's over $8000.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 1
Wolfman64811.50
      03-20-2020, 08:00 AM   #3
hilsman
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 Competition

Actually the parts are available through BMW to match carbon package as I had to order a damaged piece. The lower carbon splitters were about$1500 for pair. None in US. 2 weeks were here from Germany. Plus IND has some of the carbon parts available.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 09:29 AM   #4
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg_vegas View Post

makes me glad I paid $3k on my 2019 carbon fiber package. wow 5.4k for the same thing is almost double the price!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 12:12 PM   #5
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
makes me glad I paid $3k on my 2019 carbon fiber package. wow 5.4k for the same thing is almost double the price!!!
That was a bargain! Still cheaper at now at $4100.

Personally like the CF pieces that IND is offering. From a a design perspective the splitter, skirts and diffuser improve the look of the car without being overly aggressive. Even that rear spoiler updates the rear end nicely.

BMW CF package just swaps plastic with CF, apart from the slight larger spoiler, at least on the M8
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2020, 12:31 PM   #6
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Quote:
That was a bargain! Still cheaper at now at $4100.

Personally like the CF pieces that IND is offering. From a a design perspective the splitter, skirts and diffuser improve the look of the car without being overly aggressive. Even that rear spoiler updates the rear end nicely.

BMW CF package just swaps plastic with CF, apart from the slight larger spoiler, at least on the M8
yeah, I didn't know what a good deal it was at the time. in fact I even asked my sales guy to get a car WITHOUT it !!!
boy would that have been a mistake!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 08:36 PM   #7
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Keep rubbing that price point in. However, as you confirmed it doesn't erase my absolute bitch of the WTF? greyish rear bumper trim around the diffuser, tailpipes, etc. At lease I ended up with free carbon fiber mirror caps with my Cerium Erradication program.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 08:46 PM   #8
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Keep rubbing that price point in. However, as you confirmed it doesn't erase my absolute bitch of the WTF? greyish rear bumper trim around the diffuser, tailpipes, etc. At lease I ended up with free carbon fiber mirror caps with my Cerium Erradication program.
hahaa, I'm not trying to rub it in !! usually the first year of a car is a bad time to buy. I got lucky, so far, with this 2019. just luck.
the carbon fiber rear is more black than grey. it's the same color as the mirror caps on the m5c and other m8s.

But I take your point, it's not jet black like the wheels. it probably should be, but it matches the rest of the carbon fiber package.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 08:55 PM   #9
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
hahaa, I'm not trying to rub it in !! usually the first year of a car is a bad time to buy. I got lucky, so far, with this 2019. just luck.
the carbon fiber rear is more black than grey. it's the same color as the mirror caps on the m5c and other m8s.

But I take your point, it's not jet black like the wheels. it probably should be, but it matches the rest of the carbon fiber package.
The rubbing it in was a joke which I'm sure you got. As stated before if I knew that the carbon fiber package included a more black than grey rear bumper I would have taken it in the shorts for the $4100 package of pure cosmetics vs the $3K in a truly functional carbon fiber roof.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2020, 01:00 AM   #10
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:

The rubbing it in was a joke which I'm sure you got. As stated before if I knew that the carbon fiber package included a more black than grey rear bumper I would have taken it in the shorts for the $4100 package of pure cosmetics vs the $3K in a truly functional carbon fiber roof.
for sure, it's good looking...although I googled that aftermarket one you found and it looks way awesome.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 04:12 PM   #11
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

not to beat a dead horse, but here's pictures of the stock one today. and mirror for comparison.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #12
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

back, sorry it was upside down.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 09:43 PM   #13
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
back, sorry it was upside down.
Looks stunning! That said I still am dumbfounded on the "WTF were you thinking BMW?" greyish color trim on the diffuser, etc. Black aka Shadowline makes 10x more sense as it goes with any exterior color you can throw at the car.
Appreciate 1