M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Tracking the global pandemic

03-17-2020, 07:03 AM   #23
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yes my friend . I heard that as well , if the temps. are warmer the virus would disappear .
But as we know , in Italy and Spain it's always warmer (this week 20°C) And look what is going on ...
Yes,could be that mutating L spec c/v you were mentioning.But it's only recently got really warmer there so have to watch the graphs and pray for that vaccine to finally come on song.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2020, 08:23 AM   #24
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

To my UK and Belgian colleagues....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Yes,could be that mutating L spec c/v you were mentioning.But it's only recently got really warmer there so have to watch the graphs and pray for that vaccine to finally come on song.
Wishing M5 and MBelgium all the best during this difficult time as we continue to take every step to minimize health risk; much like you - the Seattle area is appx 13 C and NO RAIN and sunny right now....a novelty for this area during this time of year; it's officially Spring starting this Thursday - YAY! The beloved Red Roadster will be taken out this week for it's bi-weekly "exercise"; EVERYTHING is closed now, except food markets, pharmacies, banks and gas stations; Seattle has some of the worst commuter traffic in the USA and the morning local news shows the highway cameras and traffic is almost non-existent.
      03-17-2020, 08:43 AM   #25
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Wishing M5 and MBelgium all the best during this difficult time as we continue to take every step to minimize health risk; much like you - the Seattle area is appx 13 C and NO RAIN and sunny right now....a novelty for this area during this time of year; it's officially Spring starting this Thursday - YAY! The beloved Red Roadster will be taken out this week for it's bi-weekly "exercise"; EVERYTHING is closed now, except food markets, pharmacies, banks and gas stations; Seattle has some of the worst commuter traffic in the USA and the morning local news shows the highway cameras and traffic is almost non-existent.
..and wishing you well also Racerbruce,it looks like you have things firmly under control in your household with supplies and routine etc.
Here everything is still open but I would imagine changes will be implemented in a short while.We have a nervous Prime Minster and understandably not quite knowing what the next correct thing to do but I'm getting on with my gardening
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2020, 06:48 PM   #26
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
In Belgium we are in the same situation . Thank you for the concern and your kind words

Stay safe and healthy my friend !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      03-18-2020, 07:49 AM   #27
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Checking in on my UK and Belgium Colleagues....

Quote:
In Belgium we are in the same situation . Thank you for the concern and your kind words

M5 and MBelgium,
Hopeful you are continuing to endure this global pandemic; what are the most recent measures enacted by your government(s) to slow the impending spread of COVID-19.

In the Seattle area and Washington state: effectively everything is closed except food markets, pharmacies, banks and gas stations; it is surreal to see such measures; all restaurants, bars, etc closed; all shopping centers closed, etc; this morning's latest news is the Governor of WA state will most likely impose mandatory shelter-in-place, similar to what San Francisco and NY did recently; yesterday, i spent the day hand-washing,waxing/cleaning our 2014 Subaru Outback family car....it looks Bitchin'! I deep cleaned the factory stock aluminum rims, windows, etc; today I will go after the interior and uber-vacuum and deep-clean; it has 65,000 miles and is in very good condition; I know M5 is gardening (YAY!) and MBelgium has been working - wishing you well.
      03-18-2020, 08:09 AM   #28
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
M5 and MBelgium,
Hopeful you are continuing to endure this global pandemic; what are the most recent measures enacted by your government(s) to slow the impending spread of COVID-19.

In the Seattle area and Washington state: effectively everything is closed except food markets, pharmacies, banks and gas stations; it is surreal to see such measures; all restaurants, bars, etc closed; all shopping centers closed, etc; this morning's latest news is the Governor of WA state will most likely impose mandatory shelter-in-place, similar to what San Francisco and NY did recently; yesterday, i spent the day hand-washing,waxing/cleaning our 2014 Subaru Outback family car....it looks Bitchin'! I deep cleaned the factory stock aluminum rims, windows, etc; today I will go after the interior and uber-vacuum and deep-clean; it has 65,000 miles and is in very good condition; I know M5 is gardening (YAY!) and MBelgium has been working - wishing you well.
How you 'doin Racerbruce..pretty good by the look of it so that's great!
Blondie Johnson here is shutting the pubs, disco's and all meeting places over 10 people.
Also the big Glastonbury ROCK FESTIVAL (mud bath) has been postponed for the time being, not sure yet about the motor racing at Brands Hatch near me.
Shops and gas stations open as norm and my garden is once again looking decent, plenty of bags of cut grass, clippings and the usual garden debris from winter..about half done so cracking on with the rest.Also nearly cleared the junk out of the garage so I can squeeze the M in at night.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2020, 08:24 AM   #29
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Wowie!

Quote:
How you 'doin Racerbruce..pretty good by the look of it so that's great!
Blondie Johnson here is shutting the pubs, disco's and all meeting places over 10 people.
Also the big Glastonbury ROCK FESTIVAL (mud bath) has been postponed for the time being, not sure yet about the motor racing at Brands Hatch near me.
Shops and gas stations open as norm and my garden is once again looking decent, plenty of bags of cut grass, clippings and the usual garden debris from winter..about half done so cracking on with the rest.Also nearly cleared the junk out of the garage so I can squeeze the M in at night.
YAY!
The M will sleep well tucked in the garage at night; sounds like you have pushed winter back a bit and the yard thanks you for it!
      03-18-2020, 08:36 AM   #30
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Wowie -
Nearly one half of all fatalaties in the US have occurred within 50 miles of where we live in Washington state....this is surreal.
      03-18-2020, 09:08 AM   #31
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Wowie -
Nearly one half of all fatalaties in the US have occurred within 50 miles of where we live in Washington state....this is surreal.
oh.. you should consider thick precautions and patience mate.. for you and for your family and people around you.. stay safe!!
      03-18-2020, 10:29 AM   #32
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Thank you -

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
oh.. you should consider thick precautions and patience mate.. for you and for your family and people around you.. stay safe!!
Thank you yco,
We began sheltering in place 1.5 weeks ago; our one trip out was for groceries this past Monday and we went at 6 am....we wore disposable latex gloves and took our own industrial grade disinfectant wipes and thoroughly wiped down the shopping cart....my wife never touched the cart (just me) and we used the grocery store's paper bags and did not bring in our own bags; we remain occupied at home and take daily walks (about 2 miles).

Stay strong and safe!

Last edited by racerbruce; 03-18-2020 at 01:21 PM..
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
      03-18-2020, 01:18 PM   #33
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
YAY!
The M will sleep well tucked in the garage at night; sounds like you have pushed winter back a bit and the yard thanks you for it!
15C today again with sun, should have the garage clear after tomorrow..I could write a book about what I find in there! 2 more days work in the garden and that will be it, the last half is the most difficult to work on..damn weeding
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2020, 01:25 PM   #34
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Well done!
Let me know if during the garage cleanout, you find Jimmy Hoffa....it's 7C now and will reach 13c today with sun! Just took a break from the garage - day two of the uber Subaru cleanup; THOSE DAMN WEEDS....nothing good can come from them.
      03-18-2020, 01:40 PM   #35
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Well done!
Let me know if during the garage cleanout, you find Jimmy Hoffa....it's 7C now and will reach 13c today with sun! Just took a break from the garage - day two of the uber Subaru cleanup; THOSE DAMN WEEDS....nothing good can come from them.
Yeah looked Hoffa up, disappeared 45 years ago with hundreds of millions of dollars from Teamsters largest pension fund...son James runs it now.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2020, 06:22 PM   #36
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Hoffa!

Quote:
Yeah looked Hoffa up, disappeared 45 years ago with hundreds of millions of dollars from Teamsters largest pension fund...son James runs it now.
Love it that you it up!
      03-18-2020, 06:49 PM   #37
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

The Subaru is a Clean Machine....

Name:  Subaru Pic 1.jpg
Views: 8558
Size:  603.5 KB
      03-18-2020, 07:02 PM   #38
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
That's what I need,a bigger garage.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2020, 07:19 PM   #39
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
M5 and MBelgium,

Quote:
Wowie -
Quote:
First of all : Thank you my friends !
My update is actually bad news :

"Today" 2 deaths and 20 in the intensive care on a breathing machine ! Also young people !
From at the company I can see the hospital ....So, today I was like Ough !
During my break I thought...May their poor souls RIP
It actually feels like a disaster ! And there a moments that I'm afraid !

Today I got also a special paper from the company with the statement that I'm really required in the company...and bla , bla , bla , ect.
The paper is for the Police when they pull me over , because the Police controles the cars on the roads now .

Stay safe and healthy my friends !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      03-18-2020, 07:25 PM   #40
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
That looks like a great job . Well done ! Congrats

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      03-18-2020, 09:53 PM   #41
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

M5 and MBelgium....

Quote:
First of all : Thank you my friends !
My update is actually bad news :

"Today" 2 deaths and 20 in the intensive care on a breathing machine ! Also young people !
From at the company I can see the hospital ....So, today I was like Ough !
During my break I thought...May their poor souls RIP
It actually feels like a disaster ! And there a moments that I'm afraid !

Today I got also a special paper from the company with the statement that I'm really required in the company...and bla , bla , bla , ect.
The paper is for the Police when they pull me over , because the Police controles the cars on the roads now .

Stay safe and healthy my friends !
Thank you M5 -

MBelgium,
SO tragic - such incredibly hard times; stay safe at work - take ALL precautions and then take them again....wash hands with lots of soap and hot water for 20 seconds OFTEN.
      03-18-2020, 10:25 PM   #42
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

this might could have worked...

03-19-2020, 05:50 AM   #43
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Thank you M5 -

MBelgium,
SO tragic - such incredibly hard times; stay safe at work - take ALL precautions and then take them again....wash hands with lots of soap and hot water for 20 seconds OFTEN.
Today ...It's noon here for the moment, and already 309 new infections and + 7 deaths .
I really hope for a "complete shutdown" ASAP !

Thank you for the advice . We have to take all precautions .

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      03-19-2020, 06:15 AM   #44
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Today ...It's noon here for the moment, and already 309 new infections and + 7 deaths .
I really hope for a "complete shutdown" ASAP !

Thank you for the advice . We have to take all precautions .
There's some belief now the c/v was accidentally released from a chinese bio-weapons lab..
Appreciate 1