M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion B&W audio setup

03-29-2020, 07:20 PM   #23
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
yep
Would be a hilarious prank to code my brothers X7 to start at 100%.
      03-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #24
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
bloozemanAZ could not agree more - miss that drive and the music that goes with it! In order to get the km's driving in the car up, I've taken to early Sunday morning drives. Yesterday I went out west and onto one of the busiest freeways and it was deserted. While the speed limit is 100 km/h, I had a ball on some of the sections. Slowing the car down and then letting it rip, repeatedly. On big sweeping turns, actually cutting the corner across multiple lanes. I was keeping an eye out for zombies from The Walking Dead as it felt like I was in a movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm happy with what I believe is the 20% default as 50% would be way to loud when the wife is in the car. My normal commute process in the morning (sadly haven't done so in 2 weeks now) is press Sport (selects Sport Individual), press start (and enjoy the amazing engine light up), ensure JBV1 successfully auto launched on my Pixel 3XL, place the Pixel in the cup holder phone mount), select my audio source, adjust the volume accordingly and by this time the RPMs have kicked down from the startup and I put the car in reverse to back out of the garage. Just typing all of that makes me realize I REALLY miss driving to work in the morning!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 09:39 PM   #25
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
bloozemanAZ could not agree more - miss that drive and the music that goes with it! In order to get the km's driving in the car up, I've taken to early Sunday morning drives. Yesterday I went out west and onto one of the busiest freeways and it was deserted. While the speed limit is 100 km/h, I had a ball on some of the sections. Slowing the car down and then letting it rip, repeatedly. On big sweeping turns, actually cutting the corner across multiple lanes. I was keeping an eye out for zombies from The Walking Dead as it felt like I was in a movie.

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I'm happy with what I believe is the 20% default as 50% would be way to loud when the wife is in the car. My normal commute process in the morning (sadly haven't done so in 2 weeks now) is press Sport (selects Sport Individual), press start (and enjoy the amazing engine light up), ensure JBV1 successfully auto launched on my Pixel 3XL, place the Pixel in the cup holder phone mount), select my audio source, adjust the volume accordingly and by this time the RPMs have kicked down from the startup and I put the car in reverse to back out of the garage. Just typing all of that makes me realize I REALLY miss driving to work in the morning!
Likewise.

I've replaced it with a Starbucks run every morning (drive through with a mask). And then my wife, the boys and I go find a deserted picnic area on weekend days somewhere in the middle of the mountains—today's drive was 180 miles round trip. Of course, you have to have a bit of fun along the way so we tried a few launches and nailed a 0-60mph with 4 people (kids are 13 and 6 so one of them weighs as much as a Big Mac) in 2.92s—these M-cars never cease to amaze!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 08:34 PM   #26
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Likewise.

I've replaced it with a Starbucks run every morning (drive through with a mask). And then my wife, the boys and I go find a deserted picnic area on weekend days somewhere in the middle of the mountains—today's drive was 180 miles round trip. Of course, you have to have a bit of fun along the way so we tried a few launches and nailed a 0-60mph with 4 people (kids are 13 and 6 so one of them weighs as much as a Big Mac) in 2.92s—these M-cars never cease to amaze!
Two great examples and with today's announcement by the Governor of AZ of an Executive Order to stay at home through April 30th except for essential services (e.g., food shopping, medical services, etc.). However, parks are open and considered an essential services (staying active to not being isolated in our houses). So I'll be driving to the furthest park from my house on a daily basis to do a bit of hiking but mostly to enjoy the drive.

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 03-30-2020 at 10:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 08:46 PM   #27
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
To great examples and with today's announcement by the Governor of AZ of an Executive Order to stay at home through April 30th except for essential services (e.g., food shopping, medical services, etc.). However, parks are open and considered an essential services (staying active to not being isolated in our houses). So I'll be driving to the furthest park from my house on a daily basis to do a bit of hiking but mostly to enjoy the drive.
Similar situation here . It sucks but it's necessary and I'm 100% on-board. Consider this, though: self isolating inside your car while driving alone must surely be classified as adherence.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 10:42 PM   #28
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Similar situation here . It sucks but it's necessary and I'm 100% on-board. Consider this, though: self isolating inside your car while driving alone must surely be classified as adherence.
Absolutely agree, the only red herring in the self-isolation within the M850i is encountering a police officer pulling me over for potentially violating the stay at home Executive order. I don't have a face mask so hopefully he or she does.
Appreciate 0