M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos holy S*** look at this car

10-28-2007, 07:17 PM   #45
dustinst22
Private
Rep
Drives: Ford F150

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Really? Why Don't you tell me what makes them so amazing. I'm listening.

They're nice, but theres nothing amazing about brakes manufactured by brembo.

Their brake kits are amazing because they combine massive rotors with massive calipers to stop on a dime. That is not what I'm seeing here.

And call me a buzz kill if you will.
13.3" rotors is not exactly small.

And another thing. I keep seeing you post that the weight difference is only 80 lbs or less from the 335.

Incorrect.

BMW had posted the incorrect weight on their site and it is now fixed:

http://content.bmwusa.com/microsite/..._catalogue.pdf

The weight is 3373, 198 lbs difference!!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #46
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinst22 View Post
13.3" rotors is not exactly small.

And another thing. I keep seeing you post that the weight difference is only 80 lbs or less from the 335.

Incorrect.

BMW had posted the incorrect weight on their site and it is now fixed:

http://content.bmwusa.com/microsite/..._catalogue.pdf

The weight is 3373, 198 lbs difference!!
Right, and as I mentioned in several places. The weights are incomparable, not only are they US figures preliminary figures, but they are not held to any particular convention. If you go over to the European site and view the stats you will see that its a 40kg difference. The EU disclosed weights have to follow very strict guidelines. Where as in the US they can pick and choose between a number of "weights". The fact that there is no disclosure on the weight just goes to show.

I mean its really a matter of which one you want to trust. The one that was previously 3700 pounds, or the one that has been 1460kg the entire time and fully disclosed as to how it was measured rather than completely in the dark.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #47
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
The weights are incomparable, not only are they US figures preliminary figures.

The 335i's unladen weight and technical data on BMW NA site are listed preliminary as well.
Quote:
I mean its really a matter of which one you want to trust. The one that was previously 3700 pounds, or the one that has been 1460kg the entire time and fully disclosed as to how it was measured rather than completely in the dark.
Look, I understand where you are coming from. You don't want an overachieving younger sibling, and that's fine with
rest of us. But don't disseminate false information, such as the 6 piston Brembo brakes won't be on US production cars.
Seriously, how are we suppose to trust you when you have one figure right, e.g. the weight, and then the standard equipments wrong.
You just invalidated yourself based from your logic. Once wrong always wrong.

No offense.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #48
dustinst22
Private
Rep

Told
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 10:39 PM   #49
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Whatever they are still tiny.
LOL, Dude you just really want this car to fail huh. The UK weight issue now this. Just say you dont want this car to be any good no matter what and be done with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 10:49 PM   #50
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Anyone want to bet that if O-cha had a 328 he wouldn't give a damn about the performance of the 135i? As the post above me says, it's the whole younger sibling thing. And the real issue is, it's not like it can be dismissed as a shitty Evo with a cardboard interior, the upstart that's a better performer is a BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 10:56 PM   #51
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoIam View Post
LOL, Dude you just really want this car to fail huh. The UK weight issue now this. Just say you dont want this car to be any good no matter what and be done with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Anyone want to bet that if O-cha had a 328 he wouldn't give a damn about the performance of the 135i? As the post above me says, it's the whole younger sibling thing. And the real issue is, it's not like it can be dismissed as a shitty Evo with a cardboard interior, the upstart that's a better performer is a BMW.
Has nothing to do with the 335, it has to do with people posting false information and hyping something up way out of proportion.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 07:50 AM   #52
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

The headlighs bother me the most.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 08:07 AM   #53
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkm3 View Post
I guess none or most of you guys have ever driven an e36 M3 or even an e30 M3.

I test drove the 335 twice and coulnt pull the trigger and from every review I have seen for the new M3 they say its losing its road feel.My e36 M3 feels 10x better than the 335 felt.

This car will be a new e36 sized car and will feel like a track car right out the box.

The 6 piston brakes are the real deal.The 135 comes with them.This is a Turbo TI....BMW is briging back its heritage with this car.

I guess most of the people here are new to BMWs and havnt felt there old school cars to see what I'm talking about.

Go test drive a e36 M3 and then drive a 335 right after and you will see exactly what I mean.

This thread should be in here since the car is getting the same 335 engine.
+1000
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #54
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Has nothing to do with the 335, it has to do with people posting false information and hyping something up way out of proportion.
How is reporting a real fact like Brembo brakes and weight from BMW official documents posting false information.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #55
dustinst22
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoIam View Post
How is reporting a real fact like Brembo brakes and weight from BMW official documents posting false information.
Excellent question. I'd like to know what "false information" I've posted?

It's very bizarre how some people want to try to bring down the 1 series. It's as if they're trying to rationalize in their head how BMW could have possibly built a better car than its older sibling.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 10:52 AM   #56
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
This is my next car for sure.I just hope it comes with the N54(its show with that engine in a few pics)wow this is def my next BMW

forget the M3,this is what the M3 should of been.The M3 looks like a 5 series compared to this.

more info:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1935

6 piston brakes
3000 lbs
twin turbo 6
LSD (I hope)

P car track killer ???

Your a few days late....!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 10:55 AM   #57
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
CONCEPT, this is not the 1 series production car. Neither this concept or 1 series have Brembo brakes either.

Yes, the U.S. specc'd 135 will have 6-pot Brembos up front. This was just varified last week in Tokyo..!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 11:01 AM   #58
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Incorrect, the PRODUCTION 135 will indeed have 6 piston brembos. And, this concept DOES have them as well.

Btw, this is the 1 series production car. All they did was add a carbon fiber hood and a few other small panels, racing seats, and paint racing stripes on it. You could do this for under 5 k. If done in the aftermarket, you could probably get a similar car as this concept for the same price as a 335 coupe (since the 135 is going to be 5+k less).

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1960

The Tii is a CONCEPT vehicle. What was released to the public is phase 1 of this BMW "Back to basics", Clubsport idea.

Yes, many of those pieces are just CF add-ons, but if you look closely at the pics, so is the floorboard and other materials are of lighter veriety. I suspect the Tii Concept to weigh in at roughly 3,100lbs when it all said and done.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 11:03 AM   #59
dustinst22
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
The Tii is a CONCEPT vehicle. What was released to the public is phase 1 of this BMW "Back to basics", Clubsport idea.

Yes, many of those pieces are just CF add-ons, but if you look closely at the pics, so is the floorboard and other materials are of lighter veriety. I suspect the Tii Concept to weigh in at roughly 3,100lbs when it all said and done.
Ok but when I think of concept car I think of something completely new from the ground up.

BMW took the 135 and changed out panels and materials for carbon fiber ones. I guess you can consider it a concept, but my point is that you could do this in the aftermarket with a 135.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 11:50 AM   #60
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Ok but when I think of concept car I think of something completely new from the ground up.

BMW took the 135 and changed out panels and materials for carbon fiber ones. I guess you can consider it a concept, but my point is that you could do this in the aftermarket with a 135.
Did you READ the press release..? Have you ever been to an autoshow... and seen a concept car..?

Have you seen the inside of the Tii, with the CF floorboard..? The Tii is a concept car based on the 1 series... So, YES it will look like a 1 series.

It's an idea that BMW wants to judge the public response... Phase 2 of this concept will be released in the near future. I'm sure the design and specs will change internally at BMW many times, but in the enf.... if they produce it, the Tii will be one badass BMW!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #61
dustinst22
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Did you READ the press release..? Have you ever been to an autoshow... and seen a concept car..?

Have you seen the inside of the Tii, with the CF floorboard..? The Tii is a concept car based on the 1 series... So, YES it will look like a 1 series.

It's an idea that BMW wants to judge the public response... Phase 2 of this concept will be released in the near future. I'm sure the design and specs will change internally at BMW many times, but in the enf.... if they produce it, the Tii will be one badass BMW!

No need to argue, we're arguing semantics here. You can call it whatever you want! But Garrett, you need to stop drinking the marketing kool-aid big time. I've seen your posts on the 1-forum and man, you eat up the marketing B.S. like it's your diet!

Yeah I've read the press release. Don't get me wrong, I love this car! But even the writers have stated that this is a 135 with new carbon fiber parts, racing seats, etc. I personally just don't consider it a concept since they basically took the 135 already built and simply replaced parts, but that's just me. It definitely is not a complete redesign or anything. As of right now (phase 1), to me this is just a 135 with carbon fiber, racing seats, and stripes. Still looks awesome, and if they don't release this to the general public I'll probably mod my 135 to make it look similar.

Review from the press release:

Quote:
Conspicuously absent, however, are changes to the business end of things, making the Concept tii little more than a club-racer trim package of sorts for the 135 rather than a true concept performance model. If the concept comes to production life, it's hoped BMW will spice up the production model with stiffer springs and maybe more boost to the 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged unit, rather than with just a carbon-fiber body kit and an Alcantara dashboard.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 09:07 PM   #62
grkm3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

dustin sorry to burst your bubble but BMW calls all its new cars concept before launch.Look at every pic of the M3's (e36-e90)that were leaked before launch.Even the new CSL will say concept on it when they show it off at the car shows.

The E90 M3 said concept on it.

and for all you haters on calling it a modded 1 series,what the heck do you think the M3 is? and the M3 CSL... ITS A MODDED 3 series.The CSL is a concept but is basically a few bolts ontop of a plane jane M3,its nothing new made up from the ground up.

This car is a REAL 3 series since the new e90s are more of the older 5 series,they are huge compared to what the 3 series use to be.

I don't know why this thread got moved since its going to be a turbo car and will most def have the n54 in it.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 12:30 AM   #63
dustinst22
Private
Rep

lol, no bubble bursted. We're arguing semantics here, no biggie. I love this version of the 135. I know that it's been called a concept. That doesn't change the fact that its simply a 135 with carbon fiber parts. Still, it's sweet!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 04:50 AM   #64
dustinst22
Private
Rep

Quote:
Whatever they are still tiny.

The brakes, which are best described as large and in charge, are always on their game. Supplied by Brembo, the front 13.3- and rear 12.8-inch vented discs get squeezed by tenacious fixed calipers-six-piston front, two-piston rear-for the ultimate in feel and strength (128s get single-piston floating calipers). Neither the 335 nor the M3 get brakes this robust. Suffice it to say, they resist fade like a tidal wave.

- Motortrend Review
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 08:32 AM   #65
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The brakes, which are best described as large and in charge, are always on their game. Supplied by Brembo, the front 13.3- and rear 12.8-inch vented discs get squeezed by tenacious fixed calipers-six-piston front, two-piston rear-for the ultimate in feel and strength (128s get single-piston floating calipers). Neither the 335 nor the M3 get brakes this robust. Suffice it to say, they resist fade like a tidal wave.

- Motortrend Review
That's good to know. I had not seen that review yet. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 08:48 AM   #66
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
dustin sorry to burst your bubble but BMW calls all its new cars concept before launch.Look at every pic of the M3's (e36-e90)that were leaked before launch.Even the new CSL will say concept on it when they show it off at the car shows.

The E90 M3 said concept on it.

and for all you haters on calling it a modded 1 series,what the heck do you think the M3 is? and the M3 CSL... ITS A MODDED 3 series.The CSL is a concept but is basically a few bolts ontop of a plane jane M3,its nothing new made up from the ground up.

This car is a REAL 3 series since the new e90s are more of the older 5 series,they are huge compared to what the 3 series use to be.

I don't know why this thread got moved since its going to be a turbo car and will most def have the n54 in it.
+5

This was the M3 concept. Since the 1 series isn't even released, how can you call a Motorsport version of it "modded".

When thats the exact image it's trying to convey.
Appreciate 0