M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Need input from 840i RWD owners. Thank you.

08-18-2023, 03:29 PM   #23
VP007
Private
Rep
Drives: 6 Series Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCtx View Post
Hey, thank you very much for that comment. I haven't heard about that, and was mildly worried. I don't expect Lexus LS quiet (which is quieter than an S-class), so I know it won't be an issue.
Just checked Sewell Grapevine inventory, and only 2 840 RWDs. One no B&W, and the other was looking great, until no DAP; darn. And that crazy expensive (and super finicky) 'frozen' paint, which would have been a deal-breaker anyway, so out as well. But will search for all remaining TX dealers tomorrow, and report back if I find anything. Thank you for all the added help.
I know what you mean…best to wait for the right one.

I waited a long time until I could find the one I wanted with ivory leather, m sport pro package, visibility package, technology package, comfort plus package etc.

It has every option on it except the TV Tuner and Clarity Glass pieces which was part of the “ultimate” package in the U.K.

DAP is amazing for taking the stress out of the long drives and B&W sounds great!

Hope one comes along for you soon!
Appreciate 1
Accentu8703.50
      04-08-2024, 11:13 PM   #24
348SStb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche Mercedes McLaren etc

Reviving an old thread here.

I am a former owner of an M850i xDrive which unfortunately was totaled out in 2022 due to an 18 year-old in a Ram 1500 driving into my lane head-on on a double-yellow line road without warning.

I’ve had the itch to get back in the game and recently I test drove an 840i Coupe Rwd with rear-axle steering. It was excellent: it felt nimble, light(er), and surprisingly powerful.

My inclination is always to want the best performance features and options; and so I am inclined to want the rear-axle steering. But I hesitate.

Can we please expand on the disadvantages of rear-axle steering? I know there is a weight penalty: does anyone know the weight penalty, exactly? What are the disadvantages beyond weight? It’s extremely difficult to find a dealer that has cars configured properly that are available to drive back to back, so this really wouldn’t be an option.

Looking forward to discussing.
Appreciate 0