M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Would U Replace Your 8 with an EV?

09-24-2023, 10:21 PM   #45
ikonn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kponti View Post
Taycan Turbo S for daily if I have some bad ass ICE weekenders.
EV daily is obnoxiously convenient. Features and quick response make it a much better daily than most ICE cars out there (especially the fast ICE ones like the M8)

I've had several EVs over the last 5 years and several family members own EVs, it really is that much easier and more convenient to live with on day to day

But completely letting go of ice to ev only isn't for me at this stage
I think that’s the right option for me: keep the 8, but get an EV (or at least a PHEV) for the 2nd car. Best of both worlds?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2023, 10:23 PM   #46
ikonn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingB_Oduware View Post
I don’t understand the question 😅😂😇😎
Lol, that’s pretty funny King!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2023, 10:30 PM   #47
ikonn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingB_Oduware View Post
Also the iX is very comfortable and relaxing to drive - we are testing it right know cause the M8 has the break-in service.

Yes, iX would be on my list although it’s a bit too ugly.

Taycan is great (unlike what others have said, I think the interior is quite decent) but probably too expensive and doesn’t have the cargo capacity of an SUV.

Genesis GV80 Coupe is probably the best looking, but has not been released yet and the EV version will be even later.

Cayenne Coupe also looks mighty fine imo, but EV version will be late next year, maybe? And also expensive.

Macan EV might be the best all round for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 12:00 PM   #48
m850
Rep
Drives: m850

My second car is an ev, good for daily use but isn’t anywhere near as fun
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 04:30 PM   #49
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Are we talking the vaporware new Tesla roadster at $200K plus if it sees the light of day? If so I'd still pass as $200K plus buys an amazing ICE vehicle and as someone else stated EV=no soul. I prefer the soul and doing it this weekend to drive my wife to Flagstaff for her conference on Saturday.

Total win as Friday night in Flagstaff and a hotel for the evening but just getting there is the true value. I-17 is a wonderful twisty curving interstate with significant inclines along the way to the 7K foot elevation. The wannabes are left in the dust as the M850i will continue to pull and accelerate on every incline. Sure an EV can keep up but I've got more gas in the tank to do it 3 times vs an EV can barely make it once at hard driving before the battery is depleted.
ICE for the win. The drive up had moderate traffic and no construction lane restrictions so a guy in a WRX and I had fun carving through the traffic, etc. On the plateaus he easily kept up but when we hit the inclines I gapped him by 20 car lengths easy. Tourqe rules and the N63 delivers that in spades.

For the drive back a rain storm, heavy traffic and construction lane closures (down to 1 lane for segments) I went into Eco Pro and let DAP (including Plus for the stop/go segments) handle the boredom burden. It was a win as I could stay engaged in the conversation with the wife telling me all about the conference sessions, etc. and eaked out 29 MPG (due to primarily down hill). 👍
Appreciate 0