M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Question - next car

09-18-2023, 07:15 PM   #23
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Thank you as always! 👍
over in the 992 community its definitely a topic of need vs want and vice a versa. I dont think its 100% necessary (PDCC) but my car was pre ordered and had it and Im glad its there. It really does make the car more comfortable under very rough patches as it keeps the car even more balanced. Its like driving a pancake LOL.

So if money is not an issue and you like to turn flat... try it!!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2023, 07:27 PM   #24
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
over in the 992 community its definitely a topic of need vs want and vice a versa. I dont think its 100% necessary (PDCC) but my car was pre ordered and had it and Im glad its there. It really does make the car more comfortable under very rough patches as it keeps the car even more balanced. Its like driving a pancake LOL.

So if money is not an issue and you like to turn flat... try it!!
Yeah I have some other options I can nuke if PDCC' becomes the desire. I can forgo some of the assistance tech as frankly if a Carrera replaces the M850i for road trips we'll just take the wife's new 2024 X5 that is loaded with DAP along with the new highway assist aka DAP Plus up to 85MPH.

The other question and likely subjective is the front lift option necessary? I say subjective as with the M850i when coming onto our driveway just taking it on an angle (and backing off on an angle) is no issue. Is a 911 lower than a M850i/M8C (stock?).
Appreciate 1
Vic5519365.00
      09-18-2023, 09:12 PM   #25
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I have some other options I can nuke if PDCC' becomes the desire. I can forgo some of the assistance tech as frankly if a Carrera replaces the M850i for road trips we'll just take the wife's new 2024 X5 that is loaded with DAP along with the new highway assist aka DAP Plus up to 85MPH.

The other question and likely subjective is the front lift option necessary? I say subjective as with the M850i when coming onto our driveway just taking it on an angle (and backing off on an angle) is no issue. Is a 911 lower than a M850i/M8C (stock?).
Over the years of having so many lowered cars, I have not needed the FAL but I know my roads and have learned how to angle out of even the more tricky entrances and exits. I had the FAL on my GT3 (was pre ordered) and on my Huracan (that car needed it) because the Lambo was so damn low but if you are not slamming your car it wont be necessary. The front fascia that can possibly take damage is literally 150 bucks (plastic black piece).

Appreciate 2
      09-18-2023, 09:16 PM   #26
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

No telling how many times I've been through that configurator. My S comes out to about the same price. Its all somewhat of a moot point until the 992.2 comes out though.

How it the Burmester compared to the B&W?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 09:46 PM   #27
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
No telling how many times I've been through that configurator. My S comes out to about the same price. Its all somewhat of a moot point until the 992.2 comes out though.

Im no audiophile so the Bose is fine for me plus I mod the shit out of the exhaust which is more important to me. But I have heard good things about the Burm for sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 10:25 PM   #28
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Im no audiophile so the Bose is fine for me plus I mod the shit out of the exhaust which is more important to me. But I have heard good things about the Burm for sure.
So for me it's the $M question or in this case the $3K question as my builds already include Bose. There's a 2023 Turbo on the lot at my local dealer and a couple of 2022s used with Bose. So I'm going to head up their way with my FLAC thumb drive, a $250K watch and see if they'll let me play around with the audio as I don't need a test drive, etc. just a sanity check. If they don't play ball I'll scratch them off the list. Sadly the only other dealer in the area has squat for 911s.

My concern is if I truly decide on a 911 is whether I can get a build slot without a secret handshake, a ridiculous ADM, etc. I'm not playing that game whatsoever. I'm not Daddy Warbucks but I do have a coffer of cash that states I buy what I want on my terms . The only thing I can't afford is polarizing my wife who's an underpaid teacher with dropping $300K on a car. Sure, I can wave a magic wand and drop $57K on her new X5 and this year's Christmas present is wiping the remaining $20K away. 😜
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 09:41 AM   #29
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
So for me it's the $M question or in this case the $3K question as my builds already include Bose. There's a 2023 Turbo on the lot at my local dealer and a couple of 2022s used with Bose. So I'm going to head up their way with my FLAC thumb drive, a $250K watch and see if they'll let me play around with the audio as I don't need a test drive, etc. just a sanity check. If they don't play ball I'll scratch them off the list. Sadly the only other dealer in the area has squat for 911s.

My concern is if I truly decide on a 911 is whether I can get a build slot without a secret handshake, a ridiculous ADM, etc. I'm not playing that game whatsoever. I'm not Daddy Warbucks but I do have a coffer of cash that states I buy what I want on my terms . The only thing I can't afford is polarizing my wife who's an underpaid teacher with dropping $300K on a car. Sure, I can wave a magic wand and drop $57K on her new X5 and this year's Christmas present is wiping the remaining $20K away. 😜
LOL I know it was tongue in cheek but you dont an expensive watch to walk into a P car store unless its one of those douchey led ones.

The ADM is the ADM no matter how much or how little one has. Its what the overall market, local market, allocation, gross profit desire, etc will bear right now. Hopefully your terms and their terms meet half way because the 992 is an amazing all rounder IMHO and worth the premium but maybe not some stupid ADM's that a few stores are doing.

Best guess is that AZ stores will be more chill than SoCal and Florida so wear your shorts and flip flops and find a good client advisor and enjoy.
Appreciate 1
Tenac4539.50
      09-19-2023, 09:54 AM   #30
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:

FYI: Scottsdale Porsche sells at ADM and Chandler Porsche does not... Down side is the list is VERY VERY VERY long at both but longer at Chandler. I'm told for a Carrara S its about 18 too 26 months out at both... You are just going to be waiting..... I've been on one for a year to just get the GTS 4.0 and they produce those like crazy..... It is not easy task but if you don't mind waiting you are good.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 2
Vic5519365.00
      09-19-2023, 10:19 AM   #31
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
FYI: Scottsdale Porsche sells at ADM and Chandler Porsche does not... Down side is the list is VERY VERY VERY long at both but longer at Chandler. I'm told for a Carrara S its about 18 too 26 months out at both... You are just going to be waiting..... I've been on one for a year to just get the GTS 4.0 and they produce those like crazy..... It is not easy task but if you don't mind waiting you are good.
Im impatient so I paid a 17k GTS ADM in May of 2022--- but my base price pre options was 136k and now its over 153k (the site says 152550 but there is dest and handling fixed in post site)

If one waits, then he or she will probably always wait. But Im not an order kind of guy.
Appreciate 2
Tenac4539.50
      09-19-2023, 01:46 PM   #32
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good to know as Scottsdale Porsche is my destination for at least checking out the Bose audio. Now I'll be asking about ADM as well on an order. The potential upside is it's a Penske dealership so hopefully I can get some brotherly love with a reference from BMW North Scottsdale's GM as it too is Penske. Heck the entire block is Penske. 😜
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 01:56 PM   #33
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
LOL I know it was tongue in cheek but you dont an expensive watch to walk into a P car store unless its one of those douchey led ones.

The ADM is the ADM no matter how much or how little one has. Its what the overall market, local market, allocation, gross profit desire, etc will bear right now. Hopefully your terms and their terms meet half way because the 992 is an amazing all rounder IMHO and worth the premium but maybe not some stupid ADM's that a few stores are doing.

Best guess is that AZ stores will be more chill than SoCal and Florida so wear your shorts and flip flops and find a good client advisor and enjoy.
Yeah tounge in cheek of course and I'll scout out the non-douchey sales person. As per my my just last update thanks to Tenac calling out that Porsche Scottsdale does charge ADM I'm going to get a referral from BMW North Scottsdale's GM before I even go. We don't jokingly call it Snobbsdale without good reason. Land of the $100K wanna be millionaires and such so the referral will help distinguish me from a looky loo and cement that if I get serious it's a done deal even if a non-stupid ADM is thrown in. 👍
Appreciate 1
Tenac4539.50
      09-21-2023, 01:20 PM   #34
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Good to know as Scottsdale Porsche is my destination for at least checking out the Bose audio. Now I'll be asking about ADM as well on an order. The potential upside is it's a Penske dealership so hopefully I can get some brotherly love with a reference from BMW North Scottsdale's GM as it too is Penske. Heck the entire block is Penske. 😜
I also have the Cayman with Bose not the same since it is much smaller but if you like sure we can meet-up for a preview... Heck you can help me set it up lol
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 09:16 PM   #35
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I also have the Cayman with Bose not the same since it is much smaller but if you like sure we can meet-up for a preview... Heck you can help me set it up lol
Just got back from the quick unexpected trip to Flagstaff for my wife's conference today. North Scottsdale BMW GM's referral apparently went through yesterday so have a voicemail from a sales guy at Porsche Scottsdale inviting me in for the red carpet treatment (literally what he said). I'll head up there sometime this week with a FLAC thumb drive and put the BOSE through its paces. Will also of course check the cabin fit factor and maybe take one of the 2022s for a test drive.

Happy to meet up and help with dialing in the Bose on the Cayman after that. First step is getting my nautical bearings on the system's capabilities plus at least a reference point from the 911 on where to start as a baseline for the Cayman. Guy said "red carpet" so that better include a hour plus of blasting out the dealership with my Bose evaluation. 😜
Appreciate 1
Tenac4539.50
      09-23-2023, 09:29 PM   #36
germanroots
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post

I drove a MY23 911 4 GTS today with Burmester. Impressive ride all around. The Burmester on its own sounded fantastic, however, I did notice some heavy door panel vibrations and rattles with the low frequency sounds. (Bass level was set at 0) I’m not a qualified audiophile, but the most noticeable observation to me was the cabin seemed to be less equipped to handle the high volumes and low frequencies overall compared to my M8 with B&W. I’m guessing the 911 uses fewer sound dampening material so it can keep the weight down. A classic performance over luxury design decision. Just my guess.
snareman9051.50
Tenac4539.50
      09-24-2023, 04:43 PM   #37
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanroots View Post
I drove a MY23 911 4 GTS today with Burmester. Impressive ride all around. The Burmester on its own sounded fantastic, however, I did notice some heavy door panel vibrations and rattles with the low frequency sounds. (Bass level was set at 0) I’m not a qualified audiophile, but the most noticeable observation to me was the cabin seemed to be less equipped to handle the high volumes and low frequencies overall compared to my M8 with B&W. I’m guessing the 911 uses fewer sound dampening material so it can keep the weight down. A classic performance over luxury design decision. Just my guess.
Thanks for the info and your assessment on the cabin structure, sound dampening, etc. for weight is likely the case. The go to option may be the Bose as why blow the extra $3K on the Burmeister if you can't crank it up. That cash is better spent on PDCC or another driving option. 👍
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2023, 03:26 AM   #38
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Panamera.
Appreciate 0