M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion CarPlay Disconnecting

06-06-2020, 05:05 PM   #1
Scotchtion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Vert, 2021 X5 M50i

CarPlay Disconnecting

I took a long road trip yesterday and CarPlay just kept dropping every time I tried to use it. I could get Spotify and/or Apple Music working, but if a text came in, Siri say "working on it" and then it would disconnect. I rebooted the phone and still the same. Went to the store today, still the same issue. If you try to use the phone, it is very hot and VERY slow, so something is not happy between the phone and the car.

Wondering if anyone else is getting this. I've only noticed with the recent iOS 13.5.1 update. I had no issues with it before. Thought I'd check on the forum before I spend my time with Apple tech support.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 06:42 AM   #2
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

Still on 13.4.1 with no CarPlay issues, but following. Please keep us updated.
- Retired: Three Lexuses.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 12:02 AM   #3
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotchtion View Post
I took a long road trip yesterday and CarPlay just kept dropping every time I tried to use it. I could get Spotify and/or Apple Music working, but if a text came in, Siri say "working on it" and then it would disconnect. I rebooted the phone and still the same. Went to the store today, still the same issue. If you try to use the phone, it is very hot and VERY slow, so something is not happy between the phone and the car.

Wondering if anyone else is getting this. I've only noticed with the recent iOS 13.5.1 update. I had no issues with it before. Thought I'd check on the forum before I spend my time with Apple tech support.
I had this with the initial software in my car. But no problem since I've forced update to 11.2019 something. My iPhone stayed same is without update. But it connects a lot better in the new software.

I'd ask your dealership to update the software. And then maybe do a reboot reset like the other forum posts and maybe it will all work again.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 08:42 PM   #4
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

Mine did this a lot in the beginning but once the software was updated and running the latest apple software it seems to have alleviated the issue. Also when you have multiple bluetooth devices in the car like headset and other phones it seems to increase this issue.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 1