M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Best Service Dept in DFW?

01-15-2021, 09:45 AM   #1
BKgreyinTX
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i

Garage List
Since picking up my 8er back in March, the service dept at the dealer I got it from has been missing the mark. On the first occasion, took it in because I was getting a notification saying the battery was draining. The tech told SA the Progressive Insurance dongle in the OBD port was not allowing car to sleep overnight, thus causing the issue. So with that in mind, I removed dongle each night. Couple days later...notification back. Take it back in, and apparently it's an issue with the driving assistance systems, that, if not corrected, could FAIL and possibly result in loss of control of the car...WTF?! They clearly did a cursory assessment the 1st time, glad I persisted.

Most recently took it in for oil change and an alignment. Easy enough, so you would think. They botched the alignment! Steering wheel leaning to left (see pic) when driving straight. Try and correct it, I'm moving to the right. * Dropped it off this morning to fix.

I mainly take it back to them because it's close to work, although two other BMW dealers are much closer to where I live, and my CA talked hot shyt about one of the service depts that's close to my house and advised that I not take it there. Clearly he is unaware of the laziness of his own service dept. My SA is great to work with and is just as frustrated as I am, but I just don't have time to keep going back and forth for an issue.

Any recommendations on which service dept in DFW is the better amoung the 5 in the area?
Attached Images

Last edited by BKgreyinTX; 01-15-2021 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 10:48 AM   #2
Mgrae456
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx8GC View Post
Since picking up my 8er back in March, the service dept at the dealer I got it from has been missing the mark. On the first occasion, took it in because I was getting a notification saying the battery was draining. The tech told SA the Progressive Insurance dongle in the OBD port was not allowing car to sleep overnight, thus causing the issue. So with that in mind, I removed dongle each night. Couple days later...notification back. Take it back in, and apparently it's an issue with the driving assistance systems, that, if not corrected, could FAIL and possibly result in loss of control of the car...WTF?! Did they clearly did a cursory assessment the 1st time, glad I persisted.

Most recently took it in for oil change and an alignment. Easy enough, so you would like. They botched the alignment! Steering wheel leaning to left (see pic) when driving straight. Try and correct it, I'm moving to the right. * Dropped it off this morning to fix.

I mainly take it back to them because it's close to work, although two other BMW dealers are much closer to where I live, and my CA talked hot shyt about one of the service depts that's close to my house and advised that I not take it there. Clearly he is unaware of the laziness of his own service dept. My SA is great to work with and is just as frustrated as I am, but I just don't have time to keep going back and forth for an issue.

Any recommendations on which service dept in DFW is the better amoung the 5 in the area?
I use Jessie at BMW of Dallas he's great. I would also toss that insurance dongle out the window. They would look at my driving and cancel me immediately.
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2021, 11:48 AM   #3
BKgreyinTX
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgrae456 View Post
I use Jessie at BMW of Dallas he's great. I would also toss that insurance dongle out the window. They would look at my driving and cancel me immediately.
THANKS! LOL, yes...I had to leave Progressive because I lost most of the discount!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 05:38 PM   #4
mpizutti
2018 M3CS Pittsburgh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 528 , 2018 M3CS 2020 M8

Garage List
2017 M3  [0.00]
2016 bmw m2351  [0.00]
Why oh why would you have that insurance dongle on this car??..haha..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 05:54 PM   #5
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Where have you gone that was poor service?

I had used Victor at BMW of Dallas. I hear good things about Classic BMW they have a race team etc but it's not by where I live
      01-15-2021, 06:05 PM   #6
Mgrae456
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m850

Hand wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Where have you gone that was poor service?

I had used Victor at BMW of Dallas. I hear good things about Classic BMW they have a race team etc but it's not by where I live
@LSM I'm trying to reach out to the Dallas guys and see if anyone knows a good hand wash. I moved to Dallas from NYC and I am so disappointed by the wash choices.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 06:16 PM   #7
austinsl
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i, M8 Competition

Our family uses Autobahn BMW in Fort Worth.
David Powell is the service manager.

They do a great job.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2021, 09:43 AM   #8
BKgreyinTX
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsl View Post
Our family uses Autobahn BMW in Fort Worth.
David Powell is the service manager.

They do a great job.
Didn't say the name to see what responses I would get. I've been going to Autobahn as well. Will ask my SA if he's provided feedback to the techs to avoid mishaps like this. They corrected the alignment, but it should've been done right the first time.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 11:57 PM   #9
kyrocks
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Touring

I have used BMW of Grapevine and Classic BMW in Plano. I used autobahn 10 y ago. I didn't go back. I also find their Porsche dealer knowledge not as good as the other local Porsche dealers as well.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2021, 10:07 AM   #10
BKgreyinTX
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrocks View Post
I have used BMW of Grapevine and Classic BMW in Plano. I used autobahn 10 y ago. I didn't go back. I also find their Porsche dealer knowledge not as good as the other local Porsche dealers as well.
Thanks! I plan to use Grapevine for my next service.
Appreciate 0