M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion My M850i Sunset Orange mistress baby – pictures and planned retrofits

09-18-2020, 08:42 AM   #1
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

My M850i Sunset Orange mistress baby – pictures and planned retrofits

Hello everyone,

though not new around bimmerpost forums, I am new here on THE M8/8 Series forum and I have been following and reading all of your experiences and opinions regardless of the exact model in question – rather about THE8 as a whole. Sure, there are MANY cool and great things to enjoy about these cars and others less enjoyable such as the issues reported by various users about malfunctions (AC / Sound glitches, updates “screwing up” things and so on.).
I have been reading and posting even though I took possession of my Sunset Orange baby only today 18.09.2020 at 10.00h. And it feels like a dream come true! Ever since I bought my F06 650i GC (just 2 years ago), I have been waiting for this moment so much that I probably did not enjoy the 650i to the fullest.

First things first, some basic facts:

BMW M850i G15 MY 2019 - production 03/2019
Exterior – C1X Sunset Orange metallic
Interior – BMW Extended Individual leather black

I got the car with 8500 km and although I could have had 31% discount on a brand to build new MY M850i, I decided that even at such a discounted price it was still too much money. The car is mint conditions though it will need a wax job and later a ceramic nanotech coating to make it shine and look as good as new.

Enough said now, I want to share a few pics, along with a short list of planned retrofits/upgrades, a few of which already performed. The below list is not yet complete but it's what I can think of right now and for the near future. Of course your suggestions are valued and more than welcome.

Planned Upgrades and retrofits

Rear debadged (done today) - see last 2 pics
Fitted luggage compartment mat (done today)
Rear bumper trim over diffusor painted in high glossy black
shadowline (done prior to delivery)
- see last 2 pics
Individual option high-gloss Shadow-Line(S7M9A) complete
retrofit – grill front, trims air duct side panels left & right, trim
exhaust tail pipe left & right
• BMW LED door projectors
• BMW luggage compartment light LED

• M Performance brake rotors
• 21" wheels (still don't know which ones though)
• Tuning Stage 1 JD Performance (700-720 ps / 900-950 NM)
• Nanotech ceramic paint coating C.Quartz Finest Reserve
Attached Images

Last edited by FBMWWINS; 09-29-2020 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 5
Wing Co239.00
'Cane8346.50
MystroX56244.50
PJJD101.00
      09-18-2020, 09:19 AM   #2
Yogujuhere
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i, M850i Coupe

Congratulations on the car! Now thats a color that pops! Keep us updated on your mods, car looks great !
Appreciate 1
FBMWWINS603.50
      09-18-2020, 10:12 AM   #3
Saunders17283
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Congrats! Car looks great!

Previous Rides
2019 X7 / 2018 X5 / 2012 X5 / 2014 750xi / 2011 750Lxi / 2008 335xi
Appreciate 1
FBMWWINS603.50
      09-18-2020, 11:50 AM   #4
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Congrats on your new whip!
And you live near Germany, perfect for taking your new toy on some high speed runs
Appreciate 1
FBMWWINS603.50
      09-18-2020, 07:30 PM   #5
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Very nice, and super shiny, congrats. I see you have Michelin Pilot's, couldn't tell, are they the non-runflats, and if so did you get the HP cooling and tire pkg?

I luv how the euro cars get the //M fender badges, may put those on mine, but on the black side vents where the M8's have them.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible

Last edited by RJC-1; 09-18-2020 at 11:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
FBMWWINS603.50
      09-18-2020, 09:55 PM   #6
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Absolutely gorgeous and truth be told Sunset Orange was my initial color choice! I just couldn't see one in person prior to placing my order and when I did I had fallen in love with the Fiona Red/Black interior which would clash with Sunset Orange. It appears you have the carbon fiber exterior package and an overall black rear diffuser. My only angst on my build is I did not go with the carbon fiber package and ended up with a greyish lower bumper/diffuser which is asinine for the 8-series.

Enjoy the drive as you are going to love it!!!
Appreciate 1
FBMWWINS603.50
      09-18-2020, 10:06 PM   #7
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

looks Gorgeous, enjoy in good health and miles to come.
Appreciate 1
FBMWWINS603.50
      09-19-2020, 12:10 AM   #8
Wristdoc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8C, 2019 X7 50i

WOW! Beautiful!! Love the orange!

Don't worry about the haters...from what I have seen/read, most of them have spent little to no time in the 8/M8. While it may have some quirks, the benefits far outweigh them.

Welcome and enjoy your ride!!

Dave

Appreciate 2
FBMWWINS603.50
Al Pinã1838.50
      09-19-2020, 01:51 AM   #9
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Very nice, and super shiny, congrats. I see you have Michelin Pilot's, couldn't tell, are they the non-runflats, and if so did you get the HP cooling and tire pkg?

I luv how the euro cars get the //M fender badges, may put those on mine, but on the black side vents where the M8's have them.
Hi Rj,

I do not know about the extra cooling package (it's not in the specs at least and could not find it while doing a simulation build in BMW configurator either). This car came with NON-runflat tyres and specifically with the following options:

1N0 20" LM-Räder Y-Speiche 728 M Jetblack / Sportreifen, MB

This means sports tires without runflat properties which automatically brings:

S2VCA Tyre repair set

And yes it has the Michelin Pilot's tires which I believe are automatic on this model when you select wheels with sports tires
I also like the M fender badges (I know not everyone is a fan of them) and I will leave them on for now.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 02:00 AM   #10
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Absolutely gorgeous and truth be told Sunset Orange was my initial color choice! I just couldn't see one in person prior to placing my order and when I did I had fallen in love with the Fiona Red/Black interior which would clash with Sunset Orange. It appears you have the carbon fiber exterior package and an overall black rear diffuser. My only angst on my build is I did not go with the carbon fiber package and ended up with a greyish lower bumper/diffuser which is asinine for the 8-series.

Enjoy the drive as you are going to love it!!!
Thanks for your thoughts and yes I remember you saying that in another thread how you appreciated this color and wanted it back then. Indeed your combination turned out great as well and your interior looks a little more luxurious compared to an all-black one. As for the diffusor / lower bumber, you can always have them painted in a high glossy black. I requested mine to be done this way - regardless of the carbon package the upper part was that same grey which you mention above and that just didn't fit such an 8 series in my opinion as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 02:07 AM   #11
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Congrats on your new whip!
And you live near Germany, perfect for taking your new toy on some high speed runs
Thanks Wolf. Yes there will be opprtunities. Although 30% of German Autobahnen do have a speed limit of 120 km/h some and 130 km/h others and as it often happens I find myself often on those! Rightly so because some of those trajects are dangerous and very busy at all hours so in order to reduce risks and accidents as a whole, they limited them.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 07:04 AM   #12
Belugs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i, 2012 528i

Garage List
Man...this is a breathtaking color! Will you install black grills and exhaust tips to complete the shadowline look?

Enjoy in good health!
Appreciate 1
FBMWWINS603.50
      09-19-2020, 09:30 AM   #13
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wristdoc View Post
WOW! Beautiful!! Love the orange!

Don't worry about the haters...from what I have seen/read, most of them have spent little to no time in the 8/M8. While it may have some quirks, the benefits far outweigh them.

Welcome and enjoy your ride!!

Dave

Hello Dave, thanks for your kind message and to all the other ones as well.
Indeed you are right and perfection does not exist else it would be boring. Indeed I will enjoy the ride as much as possible. I am AMAZED at how this car drives and I feel like it's flying even when driving in comfort mode. The ride quality is impressive for me thus far and for now I love everything about it.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 09:39 AM   #14
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belugs View Post
Man...this is a breathtaking color! Will you install black grills and exhaust tips to complete the shadowline look?

Enjoy in good health!
Thanks yes I really like the color and the fact that there aren't many around like this. Further, I always had darker colors on my previous BMWs (black, blue, boston green etc.) so I desired something different for this one.
The Individual option high-gloss Shadow-Line (S7M9A) retrofit will be performed very soon. I have the appointment at a German BMW dealer at the end of this month. Yes, that includes the complete package - black front grill, trims air duct side panels left & right and the trim exhaust tail pipe left & right.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 02:48 PM   #15
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBMWWINS View Post
Hi Rj,

I do not know about the extra cooling package (it's not in the specs at least and could not find it while doing a simulation build in BMW configurator either). This car came with NON-runflat tyres and specifically with the following options:

1N0 20" LM-Räder Y-Speiche 728 M Jetblack / Sportreifen, MB

This means sports tires without runflat properties which automatically brings:

S2VCA Tyre repair set

And yes it has the Michelin Pilot's tires which I believe are automatic on this model when you select wheels with sports tires
I also like the M fender badges (I know not everyone is a fan of them) and I will leave them on for now.
Sounds like you may have the HP Cooling and Tire Package, at least here in the US on M850s it's the only way to get non-run flats, plus I've always opted for heavy duty cooling and/or non-runflats when I can get it on any vehicle. Did you get the window sticker?

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 04:00 PM   #16
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like you may have the HP Cooling and Tire Package, at least here in the US on M850s it's the only way to get non-run flats, plus I've always opted for heavy duty cooling and/or non-runflats when I can get it on any vehicle. Did you get the window sticker?
Yes on BMW USA configurator I see what you mean:

Cooling and High Performance Tire Package

+$1,850

20" M V-spoke jet black wheels, style 728M with high performance non run-flat tires

But if you simulate an M850i build through the BMW Germany configurator and choose those exact same wheels (NON-runflat), you will not get that hint about the tire & cooling package. It appears to be just for the US. Yes it would be nice to have the powerful cooling fan and an engine oil cooler.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 04:20 PM   #17
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i, '18 X6M, '16 M4

Quote:
Hello everyone,

though not new around bimmerpost forums, I am new here on THE M8/8 Series forum and I have been following and reading all of your experiences and opinions regardless of the exact model in question – rather about THE8 as a whole. Sure, there are MANY cool and great things to enjoy about these cars and others less enjoyable such as the issues reported by various users about malfunctions (AC / Sound glitches, updates “screwing up” things and so on.).
I have been reading and posting even though I took possession of my Sunset Orange baby only today 18.09.2020 at 10.00h. And it feels like a dream come true! Ever since I bought my F06 650i GC (just 2 years ago), I have been waiting for this moment so much that I probably did not enjoy the 650i to the fullest.

First things first, some basic facts:

BMW M850i G15 MY 2019 - production 03/2019
Exterior – C1X Sunset Orange metallic
Interior – BMW Extended Individual leather black

I got the car with 8500 km and although I could have had 31% discount on a brand to build new MY M850i, I decided that even at such a discounted price it was still too much money. The car is mint conditions though it will need a wax job and later a ceramic nanotech coating to make it shine and look as good as new.

Enough said now, I want to share a few pics, along with a short list of planned retrofits/upgrades, a few of which already performed. The below list is not yet complete but it's what I can think of right now and for the near future. Of course your suggestions are valued and more than welcome.

[COLOR="Red"]Planned Upgrades and retrofits[/COLOR]

Rear debadged (done today) - see last 2 pics
Fitted luggage compartment mat (done today)
Rear bumper trim over diffusor painted in high glossy black
shadowline (done prior to delivery)
- see last 2 pics
• Individual option high-gloss Shadow-Line(S7M9A) complete
retrofit – grill front, trims air duct side panels left & right, trim
exhaust tail pipe left & right
• BMW LED door projectors
• BMW luggage compartment light LED
• M Performance brake rotors
• 21" wheels (still don't know which ones though)
• Tuning Stage 1 JD Performance (700-720 ps / 900-950 NM)
• Nanotech ceramic paint coating C.Quartz Finest Reserve
Absolutely loving it bro! God bless and enjoy that beast in good health. We're twinning!!! man I can't get over that color 😍
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      09-19-2020, 04:51 PM   #18
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep

Amazing ride you have too Edwar! Thanks for the words and cool to know there is a twin around here. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 08:52 PM   #19
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes on BMW USA configurator I see what you mean:

Cooling and High Performance Tire Package

+$1,850

20" M V-spoke jet black wheels, style 728M with high performance non run-flat tires

But if you simulate an M850i build through the BMW Germany configurator and choose those exact same wheels (NON-runflat), you will not get that hint about the tire & cooling package. It appears to be just for the US. Yes it would be nice to have the powerful cooling fan and an engine oil cooler.
No doubt Euro vs US will always be a bit different. If you haven't already seen it, watch the Gran Tour Season 3 episode 11, your car's twin is one of the three main cars featured

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 09:04 PM   #20
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for your thoughts and yes I remember you saying that in another thread how you appreciated this color and wanted it back then. Indeed your combination turned out great as well and your interior looks a little more luxurious compared to an all-black one. As for the diffusor / lower bumber, you can always have them painted in a high glossy black. I requested mine to be done this way - regardless of the carbon package the upper part was that same grey which you mention above and that just didn't fit such an 8 series in my opinion as well.
Did you have the dealer do the gloss black paiting on the diffuser/lower bumper before taking delivery or a 3rd party? I've been planning on getting it wrapped in carbon fiber to match the roof and mirrors by my detailer but a paint job may be the better path.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 12:27 AM   #21
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
No doubt Euro vs US will always be a bit different. If you haven't already seen it, watch the Gran Tour Season 3 episode 11, your car's twin is one of the three main cars featured
I just saw that now that you mentioned it. I had seen a few episodes from them but not this one.
Yes there are some differences between US and Euro models and that is certainly one of them (Tire & Cooling package). And probably there are others if you compare the configurators in details.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 12:38 AM   #22
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Did you have the dealer do the gloss black paiting on the diffuser/lower bumper before taking delivery or a 3rd party? I've been planning on getting it wrapped in carbon fiber to match the roof and mirrors by my detailer but a paint job may be the better path.
I got this "paint upgrade" for free because the car price was already tight and they would not discount further so I asked them for a few "goodies" and they accepted which in turn reduces spendings I would have done later on! It's something I wanted and that I would have done myself sooner or later. I did not want it all in carbon back down there to begin with and given the color of my car I am convinced that high glossy black looks slicker and matches the overall paint better while still harmonizing with the exterior carbon package. The dealer I got mine from is a non-BMW one and they had it done through a trusted 3rd party paintshop also in the area and to which the same dealer brings Astons, Lambos, AMGs, Porsches and other very expensive cars for any needed paintwork. Yesterday I had my detailer check this and he confirmed they have done a great job with it and that it looks spotless.
Appreciate 0