M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 9 Country, 50 Days European Delivery Too Long?

02-03-2017, 04:14 PM   #1
M3ZING
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6 C7

9 Country, 50 Days European Delivery Too Long?

Im planning to do an ED after i sell my M3 in the future (1 year from now) but i started planning the trip it starts in germany -> austria -> italy -> Switzerland -> France -> France (Again) -> Belgium -> Netherlands -> UK
Is it too long? In Each Country i plan to visit multiple cities. Ive been told by my friends and family to narrow it to 5 countries instead of 9. Ill likely get rid of austria, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands. All though i really want to visit spa francochamps and belgium ill likey cross the border from the nurburgring to spa. Help!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 04:22 PM   #2
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

If you've got the time, why not? Stop in Westvlet and fill your trunk while you're in Belgium.

I used to work in Frankfurt and drove to all of those countries at least once. Well, not the U.K., always flew there.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #3
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZING View Post
Im planning to do an ED after i sell my M3 in the future (1 year from now) but i started planning the trip it starts in germany -> austria -> italy -> Switzerland -> France -> France (Again) -> Belgium -> Netherlands -> UK
Is it too long? In Each Country i plan to visit multiple cities. Ive been told by my friends and family to narrow it to 5 countries instead of 9. Ill likely get rid of austria, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands. All though i really want to visit spa francochamps and belgium ill likey cross the border from the nurburgring to spa. Help!
Ummm ... if you're doing that 1 year from now, as in February, I'd re-think that route. It's winter, dude. Parts of the Alps will be impassable ... and trust me, you do NOT want to be anywhere near the North Sea in February.

Word of advice: don't do that route unless it's at least mid-April, and preferably hold off until May. Particularly if your shiny new BMW has summer tires as OEM.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 04:41 PM   #4
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

If you ED in winter, you have to lease winter tires and wheels if your car comes on summers. So not a big deal. I'm a Texan and drove all over the place in rwd cars in the winter over there.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 09:53 PM   #5
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

I'd like to know what you do for a living that you get 50 days of vacation
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 08:15 AM   #6
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

50 days wow.....
I'm currently planning a similar trip for this year.
We're looking to go for +3 weeks in early September.

I have an M2 reserved with Sixt.
We're starting out from Frankfurt, up to do the Ring, over to Spa, then loop down through Switzerland > Italy > Austria and finish up at Munich.

I have a lot of great passes plugged in to the itinerary, most have been from reading some of the great threads here by Dackelone and others.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)

Last edited by inTgr8r; 02-04-2017 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 0