M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Unable to update software?

05-01-2023, 09:51 PM   #23
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jargon View Post
I had dealer change the oil the other day and software update was due. Did not ask about it assuming they would have done it. They did not.

The oil change took 3 hours, twice as long as they told me. Oh well.
They will not do it by default as apparently BMW won't pay them for the small amount of labor time to do it given the OTA solution. That said a sympathetic SA will do it if you request it along with some justification. For example I had my SA clear them doing the 07/2021 upgrade as I said I wanted the Android Auto and didn't want to wait 6 months for the OTA to hit the car.

11/2022.60 has been on the car for over a week now after uploading from the My BMW app. Still waiting for the magic to happen to prompt the install but if not in another week or so I'm going to schedule an appointment and request my SA to have the dealer do it. Rationale this time is I want the enhanced lane departure features and the OTA fails to install.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 05:49 PM   #24
WolfpackCO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 G82 xdrive coupe

I was able to get around this by downloading the BMW app on my iPad, and downloaded the latest update. I left my iPhone (primary BMW device) in the house and paired the iPad to the car for the first time. After it connected to BT and Wi-fi, it immediately started to pass along the software to the car. Not ideal but saved me a trip to the dealer.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2023, 01:22 AM   #25
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackCO View Post
I was able to get around this by downloading the BMW app on my iPad, and downloaded the latest update. I left my iPhone (primary BMW device) in the house and paired the iPad to the car for the first time. After it connected to BT and Wi-fi, it immediately started to pass along the software to the car. Not ideal but saved me a trip to the dealer.
Now the key is getting the car to actually apply it which often is the Achilles heel of the entire process.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2023, 08:38 AM   #26
WolfpackCO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 G82 xdrive coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Now the key is getting the car to actually apply it which often is the Achilles heel of the entire process.
I was reading a lot of folks had issues but thankfully the upgrade happened this morning. I guess the iPad will be the designated software upgrade device haha
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2023, 12:34 PM   #27
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackCO View Post
I was reading a lot of folks had issues but thankfully the upgrade happened this morning. I guess the iPad will be the designated software upgrade device haha
Jealous as still waiting...
Appreciate 0