M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion M8 CONVERTIBLE HAS ARRIVED ! (BMW of FREEPORT)

10-03-2019, 03:37 PM   #67
F80DK
Second Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp. Maledives Blue

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Who is spending 160k on this ?

Triple that amount for Denmark!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 09:28 PM   #68
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
M drivers package is waste of $$$ to increase the V max. The B&W is worth the charge and nice that it was ordered.
I disagree. H&k is superior and I was sort of shocked the B&W was such a let down. I blame the bluetooth connector which is the same cheap Chinese crap you'd find in a base subUru
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 12:51 AM   #69
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Was planning to get the M8C coupe after our E63s but have to see how this car is discounted within the next 3-6 months.
I just can't see the money. $15-20k more than M5C yes, but $170k+ for an M8C with CCB's?

Actually can't put my finger on it why. Nice specs but it just looks too much like every other BMW. Clearly subjective but for the money it should stand-out more.

I feel our GTC roadster does stand out from the sea of other Mercedes models and it's nice and wide.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Ibiza3480.00
stein_325i25051.00
Igor_M52129.00
      10-07-2019, 09:48 PM   #70
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Was planning to get the M8C coupe after our E63s but have to see how this car is discounted within the next 3-6 months.
I just can't see the money. $15-20k more than M5C yes, but $170k+ for an M8C with CCB's?

Actually can't put my finger on it why. Nice specs but it just looks too much like every other BMW. Clearly subjective but for the money it should stand-out more.

I feel our GTC roadster does stand out from the sea of other Mercedes models and it's nice and wide.
Gorgeous vehicles you have there! That GTC looks like it'd be a riot, I'll have to try one out soon.

Curious as to why you'd want an M8 Coupe when you already have the GTC, seems like the sedan + roadster combo is the best of both worlds over a coupe and roadster.
      10-07-2019, 11:05 PM   #71
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Gorgeous vehicles you have there! That GTC looks like it'd be a riot, I'll have to try one out soon.

Curious as to why you'd want an M8 Coupe when you already have the GTC, seems like the sedan + roadster combo is the best of both worlds over a coupe and roadster.
E63S Touring and GTR would be the best combo
      10-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #72
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBMW View Post
Quote:
M drivers package is waste of $$$ to increase the V max. The B&W is worth the charge and nice that it was ordered.
I disagree. H&k is superior and I was sort of shocked the B&W was such a let down. I blame the bluetooth connector which is the same cheap Chinese crap you'd find in a base subUru
Use the USB from a nice SSD drive formated exFAT and it plays high res files beautifully. CD and better had no issue with 24/192. And then the B&W kills the HK. Trust me I have both and no comparison with good source material.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 11:17 AM   #73
noushy
///M Fan
Rep

Formatted, er sorry
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 12:55 PM   #74
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:

We are getting another SUV (either X7 or GLS) as the GTC is a summer car only here in MN and am ready to try something else. We have no kids, so really no need for 4 doors.

Strangely enough, the E63s is our winter beater and AWD is important.
Wife is no fan of SUV's and dislikes wagons otherwise the E63s wagon would be ideal.

The M8C should be good in the winter as well.
Other cars considered...
Porsche Taycan (on list but wait too long and price too high - to me at least for a 1st. ten EV)
M5C - Awesome car but am not passionate for the design
RS6-7 Not here yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 01:50 PM   #75
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

157k msrp......130 out the door? maybe in a few months?
      10-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #76
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Quote:

We are getting another SUV (either X7 or GLS) as the GTC is a summer car only here in MN and am ready to try something else. We have no kids, so really no need for 4 doors.

Strangely enough, the E63s is our winter beater and AWD is important.
Wife is no fan of SUV's and dislikes wagons otherwise the E63s wagon would be ideal.

The M8C should be good in the winter as well.
Other cars considered...
Porsche Taycan (on list but wait too long and price too high - to me at least for a 1st. ten EV)
M5C - Awesome car but am not passionate for the design
RS6-7 Not here yet.
Makes sense. As for the Taycan I feel thats a hard choice. I haven't driven one of course, but while i'm sure it handles like a sports car, when thinking about cars like M and AMG, part of the allure is the engine, exhaust, trans, etc.

Electric cars sure are quick in a straight line but thats not the only metric that matters. I just feel the trouble with making electric cars is that they in a sense lack a soul/personality that any ICE car has. I just watched a Carfection review of the Taycan, and the reviewer, Henry Catchpole, who loves Porsches and sports cars seemed depressed and bored driving it because it lacks those features that us car enthusiasts love. Maybe in reality for us the Taycan will feel more alive, but with electric cars it just seems hard to capture the spirit.

I plan on someday, maybe sooner or later get a Tesla, but I want one more for just everyday driving and traffic, they have no allure for me to really drive them in a way I drive my M2 if you know what I mean.
      10-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #77
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Use the USB from a nice SSD drive formated exFAT and it plays high res files beautifully. CD and better had no issue with 24/192. And then the B&W kills the HK. Trust me I have both and no comparison with good source material.

Noushy
I hope that's the case, B&Ws home speakers are excellent, the car operation is totally seperate but I was concerned it was a cheap up sell with no real world improvement.

I will say though, bluetooth is very bad for music.

No aux port in the car?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 06:55 AM   #78
noushy
///M Fan
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Noushy
I hope that's the case, B&Ws home speakers are excellent, the car operation is totally seperate but I was concerned it was a cheap up sell with no real world improvement.

No aux port in the car?
No they went fully digital with two USB ports, one in the front and one in the arm rest.

Noushy
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 06:44 AM   #79
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Noushy

No aux port in the car?
No they went fully digital with two USB ports, one in the front and one in the arm rest.

Noushy
So could I plug my iPhone in via USB and get playback or what's the story?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #80
noushy
///M Fan
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Noushy

No aux port in the car?

Noushy
So could I plug my iPhone in via USB and get playback or what's the story?
Yes. With or without CarPlay.

Noushy
Appreciate 0