M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Those without Carbon Fiber package

01-07-2020, 05:29 PM   #1
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Those without Carbon Fiber package

Would of loved to have the factory carbon but no option with my HEA car.

Found a carbon fiber company overseas that is already making parts for the m8. Been in contact to check pricing. Quality looks too notch and anxious to see the pricing

What I really want is the larger rear spoiler. The carbon package has a completely different style. Looks much better

I will keep everyone updated once I get more info
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2020, 06:04 PM   #2
fbuzila
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
Would of loved to have the factory carbon but no option with my HEA car.

Found a carbon fiber company overseas that is already making parts for the m8. Been in contact to check pricing. Quality looks too notch and anxious to see the pricing

What I really want is the larger rear spoiler. The carbon package has a completely different style. Looks much better

I will keep everyone updated once I get more info
Wondering if there is something similar for m850i convertible...
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 05:46 PM   #3
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbuzila View Post
Wondering if there is something similar for m850i convertible...
Same here for a M850i coupe. Specifically front and rear splitter plus a rear spoiler!
Appreciate 1
fbuzila367.00
      01-08-2020, 10:23 PM   #4
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

The rear spoiler will fit both 850 and M. I have a feeling the rear bumper is actually the same between cars. Haven’t confirmed but it sure looks very similar

Tuners are just waiting to see if there is enough demand. It’s seems that this forum is growing which is great news. Early dec this forum didn’t move for days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Same here for a M850i coupe. Specifically front and rear splitter plus a rear spoiler!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 11:14 PM   #5
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Been completely underwhelmed by the painted spoiler on my M850i and am hoping to see something come out that is more like the M8 spoiler size wise, and reasonably priced of course. The spoiler looks like an afterthought.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 01:25 AM   #6
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

Without the carbon package the rear spoiler looks like an after thought. I have some options for those that looking for something more aggresive. Just trying to get these Russian dudes to work on us time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMofoFrog View Post
Been completely underwhelmed by the painted spoiler on my M850i and am hoping to see something come out that is more like the M8 spoiler size wise, and reasonably priced of course. The spoiler looks like an afterthought.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 10:30 AM   #7
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Quote:
Without the carbon package the rear spoiler looks like an after thought. I have some options for those that looking for something more aggresive. Just trying to get these Russian dudes to work on us time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMofoFrog View Post
That'd be awesome if it comes together. Keep us posted👍 thanks!
      01-10-2020, 10:31 AM   #8
Dr.T
Rep
Drives: M850i

Even with the carbon fiber package, the rear spoiler is the same as the painted one....it’s just in carbon fiber. The M8 rear spoiler is bigger, but not sure if it will fit since no part numbers are listed yet. Does appear so.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 12:13 PM   #9
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

The carbon package on the m8 has a different style spoiler than with the non carbon m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.T View Post
Even with the carbon fiber package, the rear spoiler is the same as the painted one....it’s just in carbon fiber. The M8 rear spoiler is bigger, but not sure if it will fit since no part numbers are listed yet. Does appear so.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 09:25 PM   #10
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Did some searching tonight and AC Schnitzer has some great options for us M850i and 840i (with the M Sport package) owners. The front-end splitter and spoiler look fantastic, the rear spoiler is similar to the M8's but slightly larger, the wing option for a more aggressive rear spoiler may be an option for some and the combo exhaust along with the rear splitter is absolutely gorgeous.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 02:16 AM   #11
tradebeast2g
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I have been looking at the AC schnitzer options. Probably going with the exhaust, diffuser and the lip spoiler. However the front lip might looks good but I feel like it might be too low based on the pictures. I remember with my m4 I had trouble going over certain speed bumps. Would be great if anyone can post some pics of their front lip to show how far off the ground it is. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 11:19 AM   #12
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

AC has a great package for the 850 but I checked pricing on the rear boot spoiler and it’s like 2800. Only one US dealer so no chance on any discount

So got some info on the European Russian Carbon company. Certain pieces have decent prices but most replacement parts that came with the carbon package are about the same price from bmw. I was hoping for less. But atleast it gives us an option

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Did some searching tonight and AC Schnitzer has some great options for us M850i and 840i (with the M Sport package) owners. The front-end splitter and spoiler look fantastic, the rear spoiler is similar to the M8's but slightly larger, the wing option for a more aggressive rear spoiler may be an option for some and the combo exhaust along with the rear splitter is absolutely gorgeous.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 06:33 PM   #13
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradebeast2g View Post
I have been looking at the AC schnitzer options. Probably going with the exhaust, diffuser and the lip spoiler. However the front lip might looks good but I feel like it might be too low based on the pictures. I remember with my m4 I had trouble going over certain speed bumps. Would be great if anyone can post some pics of their front lip to show how far off the ground it is. Thanks
Good call out on the front lip as I hadn't considered that as just assumed it would not be any lower that the stock rubber font lip. Haven't had any issues with speed bumps so far but did bang the rubber front lip in one of the drainage culverts on a street near my neighborhood. Had been crossing it at an angle and of course with reduced speed but this time I was not turning onto the street but coming straight across from the other side of the intersection. I slowed down as normal but still banged the rubber lip.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 06:37 PM   #14
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
AC has a great package for the 850 but I checked pricing on the rear boot spoiler and it’s like 2800. Only one US dealer so no chance on any discount

So got some info on the European Russian Carbon company. Certain pieces have decent prices but most replacement parts that came with the carbon package are about the same price from bmw. I was hoping for less. But atleast it gives us an option
Yes, the AC components are pretty pricey I'm not looking to buy now but rather will wait until I'm closer to my lease expiration to see how out of whack the residual is to buy it out vs picking up a potential M8/M8C CPO at the time. I really love the car as I built it to my exact specs and already have a close friend on board to buy it if I due turn it in. Even if I have to pay for his travel expenses to another state if it lands outside of AZ it will still probably be thousands of dollars in savings over the residual.
Appreciate 0