M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos New '16 MX-5

10-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

New '16 MX-5

I finally said goodbye to my track MINI. Besides the F80, the new ND MX-5 is such a fun little car. It's been 2 weeks now that I've driven it, and it's just a blast to drive every day.

I haven't figured out the suspension bits and wheels I'll be putting on the ND, so if any you guys have any recommendations, please let me know. It doesn't take corners as flat my as the MINI was with the full suspension build I had, but it's RWD and surprisingly is more willing to slip when you take corners pretty aggressively.

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Goodwin tends to get it right for suspension stuff. Love the ND, wish I didn't need back seats. Is that Ceramic? Looks great.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 02:51 PM   #3
Ginger_Extract
California-bound
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Congrats. The ND is one of the few new cars that I am excited about. Test drove one through an impromptu autocross and was very impressed. Grab a dedicated track wheel/tire setup for it and you'll be very happy.
Streets of Willow: 1:27.7 CW 11/15/15; 1:29.5 CCW 8/15/15 |||| Autoclub Speedway ROVAL (CCW): 1.52.6 - 12/2/17
Willow Springs - Big Willow (CW): 1:35.8 - 3/31/18 |||| Buttonwillow #13 (CW): 1:59.3 1/27/18
https://www.facebook.com/JakeStumphRacing |||| http://www.youtube.com/user/RaceMeMZ3
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 03:08 PM   #4
aloksatoor
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Carrera S PDK

Nice choice. Curious though, if you want a dedicated track car why not just get the cup car? Its pretty well sorted for a factory race car would need nothing.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 03:41 PM   #5
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Goodwin tends to get it right for suspension stuff. Love the ND, wish I didn't need back seats. Is that Ceramic? Looks great.
Thanks! and yes it's Ceramic, it's a really nice color, really love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Extract View Post
Congrats. The ND is one of the few new cars that I am excited about. Test drove one through an impromptu autocross and was very impressed. Grab a dedicated track wheel/tire setup for it and you'll be very happy.
Most definitely! Looking at a set of TE37V for the ND
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Nice choice. Curious though, if you want a dedicated track car why not just get the cup car? Its pretty well sorted for a factory race car would need nothing.
I never intended the MINI to be a dedicated track car, nor the ND, so I had no intentions of getting the Cup car. The MINI was loud and brash, had a CAE ultrashifter in there with stick extreme tires, but it still had back seats and still have plenty of room to carry groceries and insulation.

We'll see what I do with the ND...a drop and wheels is being researched!

Appreciate 1