M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Software Update 07/2023

12-20-2023, 02:35 AM   #1
VP007
Private
Rep
Drives: 6 Series Gran Coupe

Software Update 07/2023

Hi All,

Has anyone received the latest over the air update 07/2023?

I’m in the UK and it hasn’t yet been pushed to my car.

I am aware dealers are already on the 11/2023 software.

Key changes:

Quality improvements for Service Pack 18 vehicles
  • Quality improvement: Cruise Control and Assisted Driving Control: The robustness of the Distance Control activation is improved with the new software.
  • Quality improvement: Lane Departure Warning and Front Collision Warning: The robustness of the Lane Departure Warning and front collision warning are improved in difficult weather conditions, such as rain, snowfall, low sun or fog. Note: However, functional performance may be reduced in bad weather conditions.
  • Quality improvement: Optimised starting behaviour: The vehicle's starting behaviour from engine start/stop situations has been improved with this update.
  • Quality improvement: Owner's Handbook: The description for activating trailer operation has been adapted in the Owner's Handbook.
  • Quality improvement: Assisted Driving Plus: The display and operation of the Assisted Driving Mode Plus function has been improved.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 08:46 AM   #2
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

I received it late September, downloaded it to my phone but would not upload to the iDrive for more than two weeks, then I noticed the update was pulled out from the BMW app. Not sure if BMW found a bug and decided to pullout the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP007 View Post
Hi All,

Has anyone received the latest over the air update 07/2023?

I’m in the UK and it hasn’t yet been pushed to my car.

I am aware dealers are already on the 11/2023 software.

Key changes:

Quality improvements for Service Pack 18 vehicles
  • Quality improvement: Cruise Control and Assisted Driving Control: The robustness of the Distance Control activation is improved with the new software.
  • Quality improvement: Lane Departure Warning and Front Collision Warning: The robustness of the Lane Departure Warning and front collision warning are improved in difficult weather conditions, such as rain, snowfall, low sun or fog. Note: However, functional performance may be reduced in bad weather conditions.
  • Quality improvement: Optimised starting behaviour: The vehicle's starting behaviour from engine start/stop situations has been improved with this update.
  • Quality improvement: Owner's Handbook: The description for activating trailer operation has been adapted in the Owner's Handbook.
  • Quality improvement: Assisted Driving Plus: The display and operation of the Assisted Driving Mode Plus function has been improved.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 09:33 AM   #3
VP007
Private
Rep
Drives: 6 Series Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
I received it late September, downloaded it to my phone but would not upload to the iDrive for more than two weeks, then I noticed the update was pulled out from the BMW app. Not sure if BMW found a bug and decided to pullout the update.
Hmm yes that could be the case as it’s very late this time round.

I’ve read on the forums that there were quite a few bugs found in the Idrive 8 cars which the 11/2023 release fixes.

I can’t find any release notes for the 11/2023 update yet, but will post here if I find them.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 11:20 AM   #4
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep

Personally, I will not be updating my car with any new updates unless they care critical. My car is running nicely and don't need any updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP007 View Post
Hmm yes that could be the case as it’s very late this time round.

I’ve read on the forums that there were quite a few bugs found in the Idrive 8 cars which the 11/2023 release fixes.

I can’t find any release notes for the 11/2023 update yet, but will post here if I find them.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 12:57 PM   #5
NavyBlue
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M8

Only reason I need updates are for nav upgrades.
Can u just do nav updates by itself?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 01:08 PM   #6
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep

NAV updates are separate from the firmware update. The answer is yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyBlue View Post
Only reason I need updates are for nav upgrades.
Can u just do nav updates by itself?
Appreciate 1
Tenac4547.00
      12-20-2023, 08:45 PM   #7
NavyBlue
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M8

Just got notification to upgrade to 03/2023 version.
After making sure that phone is connected, bluetooth connected, & wifi connected, it took 3 days of driving around for it to finally downloaded. Then wait 30 for engine to cool down, then must park to take 15 minutes to complete install.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 08:57 PM   #8
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

I got it a few months ago and as usual with the updated I don't notice a single thing different
Appreciate 0