M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Photo radar?

09-06-2007, 12:38 AM   #1
soamazin
Rep
Drives: TBD

Photo radar?

So I was driving home at 11pm around 15km over the limit of 50km when I happened to see a cop standing at a median behind a sign. I wasn't pulled over but should I be expecting a photo radar ticket in the mail? Would a photo even be visible at night? We aren't required to have license plates in the front btw, and it didn't seem like the cop was paying attention to me after I passed him. Ticket or no?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #2
533ogetnom
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335coupe

do cops do that where your from, photo shit only comes from stop lights around here and in some places units put on the side of the road, not cops
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #3
soamazin
Rep
Drives: TBD

Yeah, I thought that too. I've never seen that kinda radar. I was wondering why he didn't pull me over though? He was standing right behind the camera... We have red light cameras and the "vans" around here. I'm from Calgary in Canada btw.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #4
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

That's weird man. Its possible he was still setting it up or changing out the film. In europe they just set up the cameras and leave them on the side of the road and go back and pick them up later. The best way to know if you've got a ticket coming is if you see the flash. Since you don't have a front liscense plates, it should have been aimed at the back of your car. And as you passed it should have flashed.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0