M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion m8 running in service

08-02-2023, 10:26 PM   #1
Gogo1000rr
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

m8 running in service

Hi don’t if anyone can help, but my m8 had its ris done by a Indy all genuine bmw parts used, however the running in service reset was not hit so when it went into bmw main dealer they hit the reset but by that time it was showing as overdue running in service. The main dealer saying it’s on the database and nothing can be done about it. The service that was done by Indy was logged on the idrive and on the main database and have invoices to prove it but bmw won’t correct it what can I do? Anyway of around this??
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 10:32 PM   #2
Gogo1000rr
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

On the second service which bmw did with the oil and oil filter change on top it says running in service overdue on the idrive but it’s not it was done on time. It’s apparently locked in anyway to get rid of this so it does not appear again
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 08:37 AM   #3
Kponti
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8C comp

Keep your receipts cos that's one of the services that can bite you in the rear should any issues with engine or diff arise at a later date.
They probably cannot reset it since it's logged as done well overdue. Your receipts from your Indy are all you have left. Hopefully you don't need to ever use it, but if you do, you should have those receipts. Scan and load them on a document on your computer or in the cloud for a just in case.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 09:15 AM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Did the F91/F92/F93 8 series lose the capability to reset the CBS services using the instrument cluster? If not, the reset could have been done before it went into OVERDUE using the instrument cluster if the INDY didn't do the reset with their equipment.

Just a thought.

The Service Reset procedure should be like the one in the video below...or pretty similar. If you have a trip odometer reset button on the instrument cluster...use that instead of the BC button on the tip of the turn indicator stalk:

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 08-03-2023 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0