M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Average age of 8 series buyers

02-16-2021, 02:46 PM   #111
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Many reviewers are partial to the Supra.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2021, 03:07 PM   #112
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
Quote:
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeLXTC79/

many owners wish it was a bmw
Appreciate 1
BMWGirlFL6287.50
      02-16-2021, 11:32 PM   #113
Cgflier
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M8

M8 coupe, 52 years old
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2021, 10:43 AM   #114
Edtex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Coupe Competition

M8 Competition Coupe 76
Appreciate 3
DrewBert151.50
dhoggm3268.50
      02-17-2021, 01:24 PM   #115
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanpro View Post
I'm

a b c d e

So fun!
LOL as I'd take C or D in a heartbeat but my fiscal mindset rules out E all together.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Lunatic View Post
B for me cyber security engineer and some smart real estate investments in my early 20s .
No major commitments I.e single and no kids by choice lovin and living life !!!!!

I think most gents here ( not me ) have m8s as daily driver with McLarens R8s 991 992s in their stable.

Another factor is marriage and kids- some of my buddies in mid 30s can afford exotic cars but their stone cold wives will start giving them Austin 3:16 stunners all day and night so they settle for a 5 series or a x5.
In regards to the daily driver vs the exotic stable I have one real world experience with that. When I dropped off my M850i for PPF and ceramic coating with the detailer I chose after due dilligence another patron was dropping off his Ferrari Pista for some work as well. Needless to say I was drooling over his Pista but before I could even state that he preempted the ensuing conversation with the statement he was looking for a daily driver and considering the 8-series with the M850i being the better bang for the buck over a M8. So the conversation was all about the M850i and I shared my experience with less than a week behind the wheel.
Appreciate 3
      02-17-2021, 01:46 PM   #116
Ducatista4life
Rep
Drives: *Hoping for* M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
Quote:

It's funny that you two say that, I'm actually selling my Supra (Mk4) to get a M8GC Comp in the near future.

Might be a terrible decision financially, Supra is going up in value and BMW almost always drops in value, but the community in this world is so much better than the community in the Supra world.

Anyhow, to play along to this thread, 31 and I will soon have one of these beauties. I just have to finish a refinance, sell the Supra, and I will be set!

The decision for me will be finding a GC Comp or just sticking with a M8GC, I just think the Comp will retain better value over the years. I've test drove 2 coupes (1 std & 1 comp) and 1 Gran Coupe and I'm truly in love. I really just need to be patient at this point, but I can't help but look over this forum everyday and the associated car sales pages.
Appreciate 1
xmanpro3100.00
      02-17-2021, 02:47 PM   #117
Quinn A
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatista4life View Post
It's funny that you two say that, I'm actually selling my Supra (Mk4) to get a M8GC Comp in the near future.

Might be a terrible decision financially, Supra is going up in value and BMW almost always drops in value, but the community in this world is so much better than the community in the Supra world.

Anyhow, to play along to this thread, 31 and I will soon have one of these beauties. I just have to finish a refinance, sell the Supra, and I will be set!

The decision for me will be finding a GC Comp or just sticking with a M8GC, I just think the Comp will retain better value over the years. I've test drove 2 coupes (1 std & 1 comp) and 1 Gran Coupe and I'm truly in love. I really just need to be patient at this point, but I can't help but look over this forum everyday and the associated car sales pages.
Have you driven any of its competitors? It sounds like you plan to keep long term, it would not hurt to see all of your options
2022 Cayenne Turbo coupe Catless/ Tune
2022 Huracan STO
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2021, 07:22 PM   #118
Victarion
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8 GC Comp

Quote:

If you're worried about value over time the M8 especially and BMW in general may not be the best idea. That being said, I'm 32 and two weeks ago I traded in my 2013 GTR and my 2017 M4 for a 2021 M8 GC Comp and I am absolutely floored at how good this car is. Damn near as quick as my FBO GTR, far more luxurious and techy than the M4. Drives so well you would think its a small 2 door and not the largest sedan BMW has ever made. I went with a 7 year warranty right out of the gate and intend to drive it into the ground.

I think the M8 GC Comp is the best car in the segment by a longshot.
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2021, 08:07 PM   #119
Ducatista4life
Rep
Drives: *Hoping for* M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn A View Post
Have you driven any of its competitors? It sounds like you plan to keep long term, it would not hurt to see all of your options
Hey!

I have driven quite a few different cars, I was recommended the GT350 by several people as a contender. I took one out for a drive and it was an extremely well built machine, but the interior just killed it for me. Plastic everywhere and it was still.. A ford..

The other cars I have thought would be a similar spec would be some Audi variants and Mercedes. I'm going for a 4-door as I have a 3 yr old and one about to turn 1 yr old and its just a huge help having something with a decent backseat, another reason the GT350 was a no-go. The Audi and Mercedes variants just didn't do it for me, with regards to looks, I'm sure the exhaust note and performance was up there? But, not at a point to where I would compromise.

The only other car, that was somewhat right at what I would consider equivalent for my tastes, is the Ferrari FF. Backseat, gorgeous looks, exhaust note to match, and timeless. The problem on that car is the maintenance for a v12 exceeded even the M8 to me, I've had a Mercedes S600 before and it was in the shop for over half the time I owned it. I realize that I'm talking BMW here and I might be dancing around the same issue, but the v12 on that car played a lot into the issues it had, primarily with the supporting electronics.

Anyhow, other then that, I was looking at M3 or even m5 variants and just figured if I could get one of those, why wouldn't I jump to the m8? It has the best of all their worlds and the looks on the m8 is just astounding! I will say though, the x6m is kind of holding a special place in my heart, still haven't taken one of those out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
If you're worried about value over time the M8 especially and BMW in general may not be the best idea. That being said, I'm 32 and two weeks ago I traded in my 2013 GTR and my 2017 M4 for a 2021 M8 GC Comp and I am absolutely floored at how good this car is. Damn near as quick as my FBO GTR, far more luxurious and techy than the M4. Drives so well you would think its a small 2 door and not the largest sedan BMW has ever made. I went with a 7 year warranty right out of the gate and intend to drive it into the ground.

Great point and to be fair, its something I will definitely be overlooking, and its not like its a surprise to me. These are BMWs after all, just as you mentioned haha I will say though, it does help that MANY dealers are offering 10-20% off when looking at these. It's just a gut-wrenching case when you buy something and it just loses nearly half its value driving off the lot. I don't think any of my vehicles have ever lost that much when leaving the dealership, typically around 20-30% if I did a fair assessment. I was definitely looking at both those cars you mentioned above, even joined a few groups on facebook to see if I would like them, but the backseat issue on both just wouldn't work for my priorities right now. That does lead me to wanting the M8 GC though, its just a no-brainer given the smiles per gallon it will give me and those I'll be toting around in carseats.

Side note: I did look at Porsche Taycans, BEAUTIFUL car and fast as hell.. The lack of an exhaust note just kills it for me though, that mix of luxury and performance was out of this world. The leather, wood, controls, and displays on that car was next-gen and I would argue that its a step up from the m8. Not sure if thats a fair assessment between the two, given one is a BMW and the other is Porsche, but I feel at the price point the M8 is at that they should be at similar levels of luxury.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 09:19 PM   #120
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
Quote:

Welcome ! Share some pictures of your beast.
      02-18-2021, 12:26 PM   #121
Rogerha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 840d Dravit Grey

So has anybody collated the results of this thread ? Deep down I know it to be the average age is about 30 and they make you amazingly attractive to all women especially very rich supermodels. That would make being an E all worthwhile��

Last edited by Rogerha; 02-18-2021 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2021, 01:02 PM   #122
Quinn A
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Hey!

I have driven quite a few different cars, I was recommended the GT350 by several people as a contender. I took one out for a drive and it was an extremely well built machine, but the interior just killed it for me. Plastic everywhere and it was still.. A ford..

The other cars I have thought would be a similar spec would be some Audi variants and Mercedes. I'm going for a 4-door as I have a 3 yr old and one about to turn 1 yr old and its just a huge help having something with a decent backseat, another reason the GT350 was a no-go. The Audi and Mercedes variants just didn't do it for me, with regards to looks, I'm sure the exhaust note and performance was up there? But, not at a point to where I would compromise.

The only other car, that was somewhat right at what I would consider equivalent for my tastes, is the Ferrari FF. Backseat, gorgeous looks, exhaust note to match, and timeless. The problem on that car is the maintenance for a v12 exceeded even the M8 to me, I've had a Mercedes S600 before and it was in the shop for over half the time I owned it. I realize that I'm talking BMW here and I might be dancing around the same issue, but the v12 on that car played a lot into the issues it had, primarily with the supporting electronics.

Anyhow, other then that, I was looking at M3 or even m5 variants and just figured if I could get one of those, why wouldn't I jump to the m8? It has the best of all their worlds and the looks on the m8 is just astounding! I will say though, the x6m is kind of holding a special place in my heart, still haven't taken one of those out.

Great point and to be fair, its something I will definitely be overlooking, and its not like its a surprise to me. These are BMWs after all, just as you mentioned haha I will say though, it does help that MANY dealers are offering 10-20% off when looking at these. It's just a gut-wrenching case when you buy something and it just loses nearly half its value driving off the lot. I don't think any of my vehicles have ever lost that much when leaving the dealership, typically around 20-30% if I did a fair assessment. I was definitely looking at both those cars you mentioned above, even joined a few groups on facebook to see if I would like them, but the backseat issue on both just wouldn't work for my priorities right now. That does lead me to wanting the M8 GC though, its just a no-brainer given the smiles per gallon it will give me and those I'll be toting around in carseats.

Side note: I did look at Porsche Taycans, BEAUTIFUL car and fast as hell.. The lack of an exhaust note just kills it for me though, that mix of luxury and performance was out of this world. The leather, wood, controls, and displays on that car was next-gen and I would argue that its a step up from the m8. Not sure if thats a fair assessment between the two, given one is a BMW and the other is Porsche, but I feel at the price point the M8 is at that they should be at similar levels of luxury.
Panamera turbo
2022 Cayenne Turbo coupe Catless/ Tune
2022 Huracan STO
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 11:00 PM   #123
moonM8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8GC, 2019 X5

2021 M8GC, 36yrs
Appreciate 1
Kensold15.50
      03-01-2021, 12:11 PM   #124
KauvSTi
Rep
Drives: M6, M8 Comp, S63, 720S, F8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonn View Post
Fascinating! If I am allowed extend the poll, for those in their 20s and 30s, what is the source of your money?

A. Great job/business and able to afford this along with supporting a family, mortgage, and retirement.

B. Good job/business but no other major commitments so can prioritize a car like this

C. Family money or I got a Sugar Mama/Daddy

D. Lottery winner (or just cashed in GME!)

E. I'm in debt but it's BMW or die mofos!

A, though I am not married and do not have kids I do have properties/mortgages

DME Stage III, Catless Downpipes, SSP Basket & Clutches, 3.5" Custom Intakes & Eisenmann Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 01:13 PM   #125
Noggie
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: E31 850i,i3s

Well, not a G generation 8-series owner, but I've owned my E31 850i for 15 years now.
When my Imola red M5 is up for replacement, I think I will order an Imola red M850i Convertible, but I'm holding out for the LCI model.

I'm 43, and I guess A for financial status.
-20 i3s
-20 Ducati Diavel 1260s
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 02:47 PM   #126
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie View Post
When my Imola red M5 is up for replacement, I think I will order an Imola red M850i Convertible, but I'm holding out for the LCI model..
FYI, the future model thread suggests there might not be much of an LCI for the 8 series: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=901686

It seems they're at least possibly adding an m performance package for the M850i, so if that's what your sights are on, likely still worth waiting for.
      03-01-2021, 03:13 PM   #127
OTJeebus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 992 GT3 M8cGC

39, I have had 2 m6 gcs before this one.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 06:30 PM   #128
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie View Post
When my Imola red M5 is up for replacement, I think I will order an Imola red M850i Convertible, but I'm holding out for the LCI model..
FYI, the future model thread suggests there might not be much of an LCI for the 8 series: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=901686

It seems they're at least possibly adding an m performance package for the M850i, so if that's what your sights are on, likely still worth waiting for.
No m8s in 2022 coupes or convertibles?
      03-01-2021, 11:08 PM   #129
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Lunatic View Post
No m8s in 2022 coupes or convertibles?
There are! Order guides are out, you could see them in this thread here: https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1798779

No pricing guides yet, but there are rumors that they're dropping the base and discounting the competition along streamlining the options/packages.
      03-02-2021, 03:37 AM   #130
Noggie
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: E31 850i,i3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post

Thanks for the info, I just looked at the production run of the 8-series and figured it was due for an LCI around 2022 following BMW's standard.
That said, the E31 never saw an LCI during its 9 year run, just some minor changes.

I would probably go for an M-Package, living in Norway, these cars are very expensive and I'm not sure I will pay the extra that an M8 cost, cant use the extra power over here anyway.
I did configure a M850i convertible at the BMW website, that came out at 233.000USD, with my desired options, but without the individual paint/interior I want.
The M8 was 290.000USD for comparison.

Just got to love those taxes.......
-20 i3s
-20 Ducati Diavel 1260s
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 11:11 AM   #131
Jaesulm850
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750XI,850XI GC

M850 GC. 48.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 04:15 PM   #132
willie55912
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M850xi gran coupe

Quote:
You're definitely middle to older. But there is 1 or 2 females on here. I think BMW FloridaGirl or something like that is at least 1 girl with a m850i or m8.

But it's certainly dominated by males with a median/average age around mid 30s.
I have a lady friend in Chicago that got a M850 for a birthday gift from her sugar daddy(sports figure in Chicago). He is married, and if his wife ever finds out........ouch!
Appreciate 1