M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Lease Buy Out With MSDs In Play

05-17-2023, 08:21 PM   #23
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbimmer View Post
Hey, bloozemanAZ, I'm kinda thinking right in line with you're thinking. I burned through two leased "forever" F90s in 18 months each, so warranties weren't an issue. Then I bought the M850 a year ago, and I feel it could also be a "forever" car. I'll cross 25,000 miles this week. The 50k warranty end is suddenly looming, and getting more expensive the longer I wait to extend. But, I'm also thinking like you: Do I want to start over in 2025, with the last model year of this version, before they eff it up or partially de-ICE the thing?
Right there with you and another reason for the Platinum extended warranty as the M850i may become a forever car. As mentioned in other threads, posts, etc. at 56 I'm semi-retired, I'll work at least 3 more years or maybe 5 and then call it a day. The semi-retirement is a cake walk at 25 to 30 hour work weeks vs the 60+ F50/100 world I lived in until August of 2019 when I took the current gig.

I want one last hurrah in the high performance auto world (waited 20 years plus getting other aspects of financial stability in place to the point I sleep at night no matter what) before I ride off into the sunset destined for a sensible sedan.
The logic being I'd rather spend the discretionary expense differential on traveling the globe with my wife and showing her all the places I loved and got to visit for free on the F50/100 dime or any destination she is interested in.

Given it's been shared on other Bimmerpost forums (how I found the contact) if you're interested in a BMW extended warranty reach out to Christine at Steve Thomas BMW (cnewman@stevethomasbmw.com). Friends and family discount and although you're over the 20K first price point increase she can help you with the best price possible.
Appreciate 1
snowbimmer5291.50
      05-17-2023, 09:32 PM   #24
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Awesome. Thanks, man. I got a quote from my local dealer last month. But I was only at 20k miles, so obviously more now. They seemed kinda high. Will look into exploring out of bounds.
Appreciate 0