M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Full test review w/video of new Infiniti G35 by Edmonds.com

09-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
luxman999
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Full test review w/video of new Infiniti G35 by Edmonds.com

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=116681

Here are some part of reviews that I really like.

Inside Line Editor in Chief Richard Homan says:
"the G35 will bump the BMW 3 Series off its throne with a value proposition that cannot be ignored"

Senior Road Test Editor Josh Jacquot says:
"Bitchin' steering. Incredible brakes. Unflappable chassis. An automatic transmission with legitimate performance potential harnessed to a 300-hp six-cylinder. And the G will hold its own against the 3 in any handling showdown — our slalom tests show only 0.3-mph difference between the two in the slalom. Heck, I even prefer the G's chassis over the legendary Bimmer. And that just doesn't happen very often."

Acceleration: Awesome engine and quick-shifting autobox are rewarding on the dragstrip. This car is fun to drive, makes the right sounds. Just feels good.

Braking: Perfect pedal feel and travel. Stellar grip. Awesome braking.

Handling: Excellent grip and feel, but not really sensitive to throttle input at the limit. Can't feel rear steer on skid pad. In the slalom it feels like an R34 Skyline GT-R during oversteer through slalom. Fast. Intuitive. Confident.

Wow. They complemented G35's handling to the R34 Skyline GT-R!! Speechless....

I highly regard reviews by Edmonds.com more down-to-earth with unbiased (unlike many other car magazines) opinions. This is one of their highest rated review I've seen in long time. I saw many "Awesome", "Perfect" and "Excellent" comments in this review.

Last edited by luxman999; 09-02-2006 at 01:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 12:17 PM   #2
younghov85
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 black 325

Its funny how no one responded to this. Anyway great review and I hope much success to Infiniti.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 12:21 PM   #3
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

maybe I'll have to go test drive one,

not because I may buy one, but I like to know what the others are up to

I think infiniti is finally on to something with the less radical design changes, Porsche and BMW have been on the slow evolution path rather than the typical japanese "clean sheet" every few years. I think if they keep with that it'll help them
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #4
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

whooa niiice. It's nice to see other makers stepping up to the competition cus competition is good for us consumers.
Appreciate 0