BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

Closed Thread

02-26-2020, 04:56 PM   #23
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I just wonder if the OP (and others) realize how inconvenient Orchard Beach is to Brooklyn and midtown Manhattan. That's where he said he was going to be.
FDR to the Bruckner is a straight shot from Manhattan, BQE to Triboro to Bruckner for western Brooklyn, or Belt Pkwy to Cross Island to Throggs Neck Bridge and you are there from Eastern Brooklyn. Easier than people from Westchester or northern NYC trying to get to Liberty State Park in Jersey. Either way somebody is gonna meet traffic, but the Jersey bound people will see more.
clee1982796.00
      02-26-2020, 04:58 PM   #24
CMBX23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 19' X5 50 M-Sport

Garage List
we have just about a week to figure out a location if this is going to happen, what's the count so far of people willing to meet?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 09:20 AM   #25
Climate Changer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i xdrive convertible

Garage List
2018 230i xdrive co ...  [0.00]
2019 x3  [0.00]
I can do Sunday.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #26
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM5NYC View Post
Quote:
I just wonder if the OP (and others) realize how inconvenient Orchard Beach is to Brooklyn and midtown Manhattan. That's where he said he was going to be.
FDR to the Bruckner is a straight shot from Manhattan, BQE to Triboro to Bruckner for western Brooklyn, or Belt Pkwy to Cross Island to Throggs Neck Bridge and you are there from Eastern Brooklyn. Easier than people from Westchester or northern NYC trying to get to Liberty State Park in Jersey. Either way somebody is gonna meet traffic, but the Jersey bound people will see more.
I laughed at this post because San Francisco is a "straight shot" from the George Washington Bridge, but that doesn't mean it's convenient.

Lets be real... The OP is coming from Jersey City and going to Manhattan and Brooklyn. Orchard Beach is what people are going to call a convenient location for him? I don't. Again- I'm not going so I really don't give a crap, but the OP obviously only has limited time. If it were me I wouldn't want to spend any of it traveling to, from, or in the Bronx. Plus, the views from Liberty State Park in Jersey City (the town he is staying in) are FAR superior to those from Orchard Beach.

Perhaps it would be helpful to know what part of Brooklyn he intends to go. There's a huge difference between say- Williamsburg and Sheepshead Bay.
      02-28-2020, 03:44 PM   #27
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
I laughed at this post because San Francisco is a "straight shot" from the George Washington Bridge, but that doesn't mean it's convenient.

Lets be real... The OP is coming from Jersey City and going to Manhattan and Brooklyn. Orchard Beach is what people are going to call a convenient location for him? I don't. Again- I'm not going so I really don't give a crap, but the OP obviously only has limited time. If it were me I wouldn't want to spend any of it traveling to, from, or in the Bronx. Plus, the views from Liberty State Park in Jersey City (the town he is staying in) are FAR superior to those from Orchard Beach.

Perhaps it would be helpful to know what part of Brooklyn he intends to go. There's a huge difference between say- Williamsburg and Sheepshead Bay.
I really don't care either way. Of course the views from Liberty state park are better, but where are the majority of the people coming from? That is the issue here. Yeah Liberty State park is easier for him. but is it for everybody else? That is the issue. Like I said I don't care either way, and like I also said, people are going to meet traffic which ever place they go, But heading towards Jersey out of the city and then back into the city will be more, for more people.
      02-29-2020, 02:08 PM   #28
CMBX23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 19' X5 50 M-Sport

Garage List
As nice as those views from liberty state park are, Jersey is too far for me to show up. Not saying not to do it there, just saying I won't be there if that's the chosen location. Orchard beach sounds good to me, highways are right there and food is close by which is something OP said he'd like to have in his post.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 09:16 AM   #29
e38740imd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 640i

Ok.

I think the issue is is are people really going to show and where the best location would be

here is some pointers from me and what i think

: as far as locations goes i don't care which. it seams Orchard Beach would be where most are willing to go. on Sunday i wont be all over the Place as ill do all that running around on Friday and Saturday. Sunday ill be free about around 1pm so the meet could be at 3pm. so even if have to drive alot to get there, its ok with as its a once in a while thing.

food would be good to do but is not a deal breaker. a recommended cheese steak or good NY pizza place would be ok with me or what ever is good around the area. if food is not an option its no biggie. but its hard to believe someone doesn't know something that wont disappoint near the beach i think.

it Sounds like no matter where we choose there will be traffic. (been to ny plenty of times, traffic is similiar to Georgia and they have 5-6 lane hwys. but the ny drivers are very bold!)

so with the meet being around 3pm you guys would know when to leave to be there on time.

im not to worried about the sights as much. just the sights and sounds of the cars would be enough for me.

so Maybe Sunday March 8TH Orchard Beach at 3pm? and then we would get food if possible, then we all go home and me back to Baltimore!

Still open to suggestions, by Thursday evening/ Friday Morning a final location and time will be set to not cause further confusion.

worst come to worst, this just wont happen

Wednesday there will be a poll in case location is still an issue
Appreciate 3
      03-06-2020, 03:09 PM   #30
Climate Changer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i xdrive convertible

Garage List
2018 230i xdrive co ...  [0.00]
2019 x3  [0.00]