M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Official BMW 8 Series Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread

11-09-2019, 03:14 PM   #23
directedby
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 850IX CONV

Best Price

I found that Autonation has the best deals.

MSRP for my 850ix convertible was $127,000

I got it got $107k less a $1,000 USAA credit.
Appreciate 3
      11-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #24
GHollan921
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by directedby View Post
I found that Autonation has the best deals.

MSRP for my 850ix convertible was $127,000

I got it got $107k less a $1,000 USAA credit.
That's a huge discount.
Congrats.
Appreciate 3
noushy1650.00
      11-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #25
viggysee
Rep
Drives: BMW 840xi Gran Coupe

Took delivery of a 2020 840xi Gran Coupe - $98,345 MSRP, 8.5% off MSRP plus $3K in loyalty and 54% residual. Payment with NY taxes rolled in is ~$1250/mo for 12K miles/36 months.

Somethings to note as far as ordering go - parking assistant plus is no longer an option on US vehicles (not exactly sure why). Also, LED system glows when you get phone calls and it is possible to have Apple Car Play and an android phone connected to bluetooth at the same time, which is nice.
Appreciate 3
mhbrownie145.50
Tejael64.00
      11-16-2019, 12:40 PM   #26
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by viggysee View Post
Somethings to note as far as ordering go - parking assistant plus is no longer an option on US vehicles (not exactly sure why).
It is and part of the full Driving Assistance Package (ZDA) vs the watered down Driving Assistance Package 2 (ZDX) which is new for 2020. The issue is that the Driving Assistance Package 2 is the only one available in the options on bmwusa.com's "build your own" configurator. I found this out the hard way and ultimately had to pass on my initial 2020 M850i build as it had the ZDX package and by the time I inquired on changing it to the ZDA package the Individual lock date on the build had passed.

My dealer helped me make the argument to BMW NA that they have an issue on their website so they gave me a new expedited allocation. The new build was completed late last month and now on its way across the Atlantic. Original build has been sitting at the dealer for about 3 weeks now looking for a home.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2019, 01:36 PM   #27
viggysee
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
It is and part of the full Driving Assistance Package (ZDA) vs the watered down Driving Assistance Package 2 (ZDX) which is new for 2020. The issue is that the Driving Assistance Package 2 is the only one available in the options on bmwusa.com's "build your own" configurator. I found this out the hard way and ultimately had to pass on my initial 2020 M850i build as it had the ZDX package and by the time I inquired on changing it to the ZDA package the Individual lock date on the build had passed.

My dealer helped me make the argument to BMW NA that they have an issue on their website so they gave me a new expedited allocation. The new build was completed late last month and now on its way across the Atlantic. Original build has been sitting at the dealer for about 3 weeks now looking for a home.
Ah man, I wish I had known! My rep didn't help with that and once I saw the car, it was really hard to say no...darn it BMW configurator...so sloppy.
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2019, 06:52 PM   #28
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
My biggest surprise in the entire fiasco is that 2 months post call out to BMW NA of the issue it still exists. I live in the IT world and have built configurators for products 10x beyond the complexity of BMW and even Porsche which is spot on for all their nickle and dime options.
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2019, 01:46 PM   #29
Hockey 29
Rep
Drives: 23 330e, 22 Porsche Taycan

Dealers are giving at least $20K off of '19 M850's in SoCal. Good time to buy/lease.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2019, 01:14 PM   #30
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
I'm considering doing a 3-year lease on my ordered 2020 M850i landing in early December. I've never have leased before so new territory but have read up and understand all of the variables, etc. The one thing that perplexes me is at seems the residual value is set against the MSRP vs the actual negotiated price. Is that truly the case?
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2019, 02:42 PM   #31
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
... seems the residual value is set against the MSRP vs the actual negotiated price. Is that truly the case?
This has been my experience, yes, with BMW.

Scuttlebutt/Internet lore is that on Porsche 911 there is a threshold for options, and after a certain point they affect the residual less. Which makes sense, since you really don't see a resale value in things like leather covered HVAC vents and other silliness that Porsche offers. You can nearly double the price of some cars with just ala carte options at Porsche.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2019, 02:59 PM   #32
SLF80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F80

Quote:
I'm considering doing a 3-year lease on my ordered 2020 M850i landing in early December. I've never have leased before so new territory but have read up and understand all of the variables, etc. The one thing that perplexes me is at seems the residual value is set against the MSRP vs the actual negotiated price. Is that truly the case?

Leasing amounts to paying the perceived depreciation of the car while it is in your possession for a fixed term and number of miles.

There are only has 3 fundamental components:
Sale Price - MSRP is set by BMW - negotiable from the dealer invoice up, the lower the better for you.

Residual Value of MSRP - in % and set by BMW FS based on duration and allotted mileage - non negotiable, the higher, the better.

Money Factor - set by BMW FS - dealers are free to mark up, check to prevent if you don't want them, base MF is good, lowered MF with multiple security deposits (up to 7 with BMW) is best.
Prepaying the entire amount of the lease agreement lowers it further but it's a bad idea for several reasons.
On cheap leases/ monthly structures/ MSRP, you can elect to mark up the MF a tad to wave the acquisition (also called inception) fee.

Lease term and how many miles is up to you.
BMW FS figures favor the standard 36 months term in most cases.

If the residual value is "R" ; R = MSRP x Residual (%)
The Capital cost (sales price) is "C"
Money Factor is "MF"
Down payment is "D"
Lease term is "N" ; number of months (eg 36 months)
Monthly depreciation fee "MD" = (C-D-R)/N
Monthly lease fee "ML" = MF * ([C-D]+R)
Then the monthly lease payment= MD +ML + tax

Then there are things like sales tax due on rebates and incentives in states like CA and some other details.

Check Edmunds forums for dealer invoice, current MF and residual figures or simply ask your Sales Advisor and recoup the info to confirm.
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2019, 03:21 PM   #33
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLF80 View Post
Leasing amounts to paying the perceived depreciation of the car while it is in your possession for a fixed term and number of miles.

There are only has 3 fundamental components:
Sale Price - MSRP is set by BMW - negotiable from the dealer invoice up, the lower the better for you.
Thanks for confirming MSRP is used in calculating the residual and the other details. I had been using the same formulas and relative data, e.g., obtained current MF from the x3m/x4m forum thread on leases and deals as a lot of activity over there (and M5) given ongoing discounts on the 2019s remaining. However, in the spreadsheet I created I had been using my negotiated sale price as the base for the residual value calculation as it made logical sense to do so. It wasn't until I tried the Leasematic app (someone mentioned it in the x3m/x4m lease thread) did I discover MSRP is used as the base for calculating the residual value.

I'm considering a 36/10K lease as I can fit into that mileage and offers the highest residual (55%). If the MF in play for November renews in December with 7 MSDs in play my 3-year total lease cost forecasts to $57,386. I'm also considering financing via a 60 month loan.

I'm pretty sure I want the M850i for the long haul (I've kept every vehicle to date for a minimum of 8 years) but the lease is attractive as it gives me an easy "out" after 3 if so desired. Plus with the 7 MSDs the net APR is 2.23% which beats the 3.35% from BMW FS and anything in my local market. If I want to keep it I'll either just send BMW FS a check or finance the residual depending on the interest rate at the time and what I can safely earn in a liquid investment.

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 11-21-2019 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2019, 07:14 PM   #34
SLF80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F80

Quote:
Thanks for confirming MSRP is used in calculating the residual and the other details. I had been using the same formulas and relative data, e.g., obtained current MF from the x3m/x4m forum thread on leases and deals as a lot of activity over there (and M5) given ongoing discounts on the 2019s remaining. However, in the spreadsheet I created I had been using my negotiated sale price as the base for the residual value calculation as it made logical sense to do so. It wasn't until I tried the Leasematic app (someone mentioned it in the x3m/x4m lease thread) did I discover MSRP is used as the base for calculating the residual value.

I'm considering a 36/10K lease as I can fit into that mileage and offers the highest residual (55%). If the MF in play for November renews in December with 7 MSDs in play my 3-year total lease cost forecasts to $57,386. I'm also considering financing via a 60 month loan.

I'm pretty sure I want the M850i for the long haul (I've kept every vehicle to date for a minimum of 8 years) but the lease is attractive as it gives me an easy "out" after 3 if so desired. If I want to keep it I'll either just send BMW FS a check or finance the residual depending on the interest rate at the time and what I can safely earn in a liquid investment.

The residual value set by BMW FS is inflated to incentivize leasing and higher than market.
Buying you car at the end of the lease, even if your dealer helps you negotiate, may not work out.

If you keep your cars that long, you could keep monthly payment low at first and go with their BMW Select balloon financing.
I have seen the math work out better at times but not by much.

This is if you are set on new (which I understand).
Otherwise, with $57,386, get a 2016 CPO $110K+ MSRP M6 or M5.
Contact this buddy of mine, Gabriel (562) 526-8060. He's got an account with BMW FS and he'll help you get a clean lease return and ship it anywhere in the country.

Last edited by SLF80; 11-21-2019 at 07:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2019, 12:02 AM   #35
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHollan921 View Post
That's a huge discount.
Congrats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLF80 View Post
The residual value set by BMW FS is inflated to incentivize leasing and higher than market.
Buying you car at the end of the lease, even if your dealer helps you negotiate, may not work out.

If you keep your cars that long, you could keep monthly payment low at first and go with their BMW Select balloon financing.
I have seen the math work out better at times but not by much.
Thanks for the info and I am working the numbers including BMW Select. Using the BMW configurator (aka "Build Your Own") with my 2020 specs (minus the fact you cannot select the ZDA package which adds $600 above the ZDA) and selecting "Estimate Payment" it looks like Select has a higher APR than standard financing. The finance APR is 3.65 (assuming they are setting at standard rate vs the 3.35 now offered for exceptional credit which I have) vs Select at 4.15%.

Running the numbers Select doesn't look better than the 36/10K lease for first 3 years with the MSDs. Granted once I get in front of the dealer's finance department the actual Select may be closer to 3.85% (extrapolation from the standard loan vs Select in the "Estimate Payment") with a 3.35% finance rate I still do not think the total cost numbers will beat the 36/10K+MSD TCO with buyout at end of lease.
I'm not worried about the inflated residual as the expectation is to own over the long haul. Rather it is all about total TCO outcome for all financing options with the outcome of owning the M850i.
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2019, 08:51 PM   #36
Tejael
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Garage List
2022 BMW M850i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by viggysee View Post
Took delivery of a 2020 840xi Gran Coupe - $98,345 MSRP, 8.5% off MSRP plus $3K in loyalty and 54% residual. Payment with NY taxes rolled in is ~$1250/mo for 12K miles/36 months.

Somethings to note as far as ordering go - parking assistant plus is no longer an option on US vehicles (not exactly sure why). Also, LED system glows when you get phone calls and it is possible to have Apple Car Play and an android phone connected to bluetooth at the same time, which is nice.
viggysee can you take a pic of ur window sticker pls more of inside looks like you have alcantra? wanted a closer look see thx
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2019, 02:46 AM   #37
directedby
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 850IX CONV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejael View Post
viggysee can you take a pic of ur window sticker pls more of inside looks like you have alcantra? wanted a closer look see thx
How much down/drive off ?
      11-26-2019, 07:35 PM   #38
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My first M850i order that is now sitting at the dealer included an Anthracite Alcantara Headliner ($650 option). If that is what you are interested in I can take some shots of it tomorrow when I visit the dealer to sit down with F&I to start talking MF and MSDs on the new build that lands in early December.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2019, 12:26 AM   #39
Tejael
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M850i  [0.00]
Quote:
My first M850i order that is now sitting at the dealer included an Anthracite Alcantara Headliner ($650 option). If that is what you are interested in I can take some shots of it tomorrow when I visit the dealer to sit down with F&I to start talking MF and MSDs on the new build that lands in early December.
that is exactly what id like to see thx
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2019, 09:00 AM   #40
viggysee
Rep

Quote:
I do have alcantara on the interior roof, i really like it along with tartufo interior (not the $3K extra version). Dealership kept my window sticker and told me it was in the dash. I will get it and pass along.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2019, 09:01 AM   #41
viggysee
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by directedby View Post
How much down/drive off ?
$0 down. Drive off was only first month and some fees in NY (so was total $1500 ish).
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2019, 03:50 PM   #42
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
that is exactly what id like to see thx
Didn't get into the dealer until over the weekend. Getting a good pic of the headliner turned out pretty hard to do but was able to get something decent with this angle. For what it's worth the material is more plush than the anthracite alcantara headliner in the 2017 X5 I bought for my wife (picked it as an option on that build as well) and overall the color is darker than the picture.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-03-2019, 05:10 PM   #43
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Updated with December rates -- no changes from last month.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2019, 09:44 PM   #44
Tejael
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M850i  [0.00]
Quote:
Didn't get into the dealer until over the weekend. Getting a good pic of the headliner turned out pretty hard to do but was able to get something decent with this angle. For what it's worth the material is more plush than the anthracite alcantara headliner in the 2017 X5 I bought for my wife (picked it as an option on that build as well) and overall the color is darker than the picture.
great pic thx i have never seen one in he showroom i definitely want this
Appreciate 1