M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Spied: BMW M8 Gran Coupe (F93)!

01-30-2019, 12:32 AM   #45
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

The car looks great, but the wheels don't look that special.

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 01:09 AM   #46
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB440xiGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMSport2 View Post
Lol and 8 series is not designed from track to road. it doesn't even come close to a race car. the fact is that it is a large 2 DOOR GT so it isn't meant to sit 4 people comfortably hence why you think the back is small. people who need to sit 4 people comfortably go get a 5 or 7 series or a 4 door GC. that is called target marketing.
Well, the Honda Accord Coupe has a similar length (actually a little shorter), yet it has plenty of leg room for the rear seats.
Sa it can be practical and useful while be sporty. There are plenty GT Coupes that can accommodate 4 people.
Otherwise is just a waste. 8 is nice but that's my beef with it too: no legroom in the rear. So while the car is beautiful, don't really see the purpose of the seats where nobody can sit; and since there are 2 seats only, a Z series will make more sense as is smaller and cheaper, better in gas and more nimble.
Just saying.
the Honda accord is front wheel driven.
other grand tourers look more like sedans with 2 doors. this car looks like a long 2 door coupe. there are differences.
I totally agree with you in regards to these large GT's. totally useless. large not nimble and can't fit 4 comfortably. old men likes them though and willing to pay big bucks for some reason. I rather buy a real race car, comfy sedan or sexy GC that can fit 4 more comfortably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Customers like you are why BMW make elaborate advertisements; because customers like you believe them! Even if they're totally not true! Haha

ummmm wha? normally I agree with you... however... on this one.. no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E36 View Post
So I take it that you didn't know that the BMW M8 GTE race car began it's development back in 2016 and began racing in 2018? Hence why he said the 8 Series was born on the track before it became a production car.
+1 The M8 is one of a few examples in which the race car lead the street car to the showroom.
The E30 M3 was homologated from racing.... and while other E30 models had been sold.. it was a winning racing car before it hit the showroom.
It's a GTE which means it is an endurance grande tourer. it isn't a race car.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 08:54 AM   #47
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG View Post
After sitting in the huge 8 Series, this is the only size that makes sense for the average consumer.

If you have not sat in in the 8 Series or have not actually been inside it. There is absolutely NO legroom in the rear whatsoever! The only thing you can put in the back is your cat or dog on the seat or bags of some kind.

The 8 Series was designed from the racetrack to the street. Not the other way around which is typicality how BMW designs their vehicles.

The 8 Series Grand Coupe will be an excellent choice to compete with Porsche monster of a car.
I thought so too about legroom in the back but this video shows there's room enough for an adult, though they didn't show with the seats up.

Didn't watch the video, I've seen them before. All show no go, literally.

Do NOT be fooled. There is zero legroom, OK maybe about 2" (3 cm) If that counts. For a car this large/long it makes absolutely no sense. Original the platform was designed to be a race car. Hence the win of the grueling 24 hours of Daytona over the past weekend. This is a very long car, not my style at all. M4 all the way for me! But whatever pushes the boys at the M Division I'm all for.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 09:07 AM   #48
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Quote:
Quote:
After sitting in the huge 8 Series, this is the only size that makes sense for the average consumer.

If you have not sat in in the 8 Series or have not actually been inside it. There is absolutely NO legroom in the rear whatsoever! The only thing you can put in the back is your cat or dog on the seat or bags of some kind.

The 8 Series was designed from the racetrack to the street. Not the other way around which is typicality how BMW designs their vehicles.

The 8 Series Grand Coupe will be an excellent choice to compete with Porsche monster of a car.
Lol and 8 series is not designed from track to road. it doesn't even come close to a race car. the fact is that it is a large 2 DOOR GT so it isn't meant to sit 4 people comfortably hence why you think the back is small. people who need to sit 4 people comfortably go get a 5 or 7 series or a 4 door GC. that is called target marketing.
WRONG! Do your research.

Michael Scully: "When a car like the BMW M8 GTE debuts publically before a flagship production car such as the BMW 8 Series, the continuity of performance and design character are of heightened importance because the race car plays such an active role in helping to shape and communicate the essence of the new BMW 8 Series.

https://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/to...el_Scully.html
Appreciate 2
      01-30-2019, 09:35 AM   #49
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodfatherNiko View Post
Looks miles better than the 8er Coupé.
+1 Completely agree. M8GC offers the best combination of visual cues, performance, and practicality for daily driving.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 09:35 AM   #50
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Quote:

I thought so too about legroom in the back but this video shows there's room enough for an adult, though they didn't show with the seats up.

Didn't watch the video, I've seen them before. All show no go, literally.

Do NOT be fooled. There is zero legroom, OK maybe about 2" (3 cm) If that counts. For a car this large/long it makes absolutely no sense. Original the platform was designed to be a race car. Hence the win of the grueling 24 hours of Daytona over the past weekend. This is a very long car, not my style at all. M4 all the way for me! But whatever pushes the boys at the M Division I'm all for.
That car is hella fast though. Watch the launch from outside the car as well as inside. V8 with x drive.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 11:34 AM   #51
svr21
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18 M4 ZCP Yas Marina Blue

Quote:

I agree with the limited space, but it's does not drive like a race car what so ever, more like a luxury car in comparison to m234s
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 12:50 PM   #52
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

You can get a 650i GC xdrive 2015 for $32k. Worth cross shopping vs this.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 11:44 PM   #53
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

This is gonna be 🔥
      01-31-2019, 12:47 AM   #54
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

WRONG! Do your research.

Michael Scully: "When a car like the BMW M8 GTE debuts publically before a flagship production car such as the BMW 8 Series, the continuity of performance and design character are of heightened importance because the race car plays such an active role in helping to shape and communicate the essence of the new BMW 8 Series.

It's called marketing. did you even read the article. it tells me nothing about the mechanicals that was derived from the race track. it tells me about design lines blah blah blah.

In my opinion a Cayman would be the road version of a race car. This in my opinion is a GT car.
The only car that BMW makes that come close to a race car is the M2.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #55
MDuckie
Private
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

WRONG! Do your research.

It's called marketing. did you even read the article. it tells me nothing about the mechanicals that was derived from the race track. it tells me about design lines blah blah blah.

In my opinion a Cayman would be the road version of a race car. This in my opinion is a GT car.
You're right, the BMW Motorsport M8 GTE race car that races in car races that take place on a race track is not a race car.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2019, 12:41 AM   #56
Costello1991
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine White 135is

what kind of beast is this going to be ??
      02-04-2019, 07:06 PM   #57
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDuckie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

WRONG! Do your research.

You're right, the BMW Motorsport M8 GTE race car that races in car races that take place on a race track is not a race car.
ok than according to your philosophy a Civic is also a race car. They race civics on a race track.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 07:24 PM   #58
MDuckie
Private
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDuckie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

WRONG! Do your research.

ok than according to your philosophy a Civic is also a race car. They race civics on a race track.
If there is an actual official race class that includes Civics, then yes, those purpose built cars are race cars. No one is saying the M8 is a race car, just like the vanilla Civic is not a race car.

The GTE M8 definitely is.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2019, 09:29 PM   #59
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

well it is implied when the individual says designed from the track to the road.
Then someone posted an article saying how the 8 series was derived from the track car but if you read the article it only really talks about the exterior design. nothing but a marketing piece.
The 8 series is not an on road race car like a Ferrari or Porsche. may be in the price bracket but not the same. It is a GT car.
It drives nothing like a road race car. period.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 03:23 PM   #60
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Updated February 13, 2019 with newest spy pics.

BMW M8 Gran Coupe Spied During Winter Testing

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 03:40 PM   #61
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Can't wait to see final product
      02-13-2019, 03:51 PM   #62
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

The winter testing updates always remind me ask what winter tires are used during testing. Does anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 03:56 PM   #63
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Michelin Alpin Pilot 5
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:19 PM   #64
NYAWE60
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Turbo 6 speed

This might be one of the most beautiful cars ever built.
2010 Toyota Prius - stealth mobile 140K miles since new and still 45 MPG
2017 Lexus GX460 - (gone) - easily one of the most reliable cars I?ve ever owned
2014 328i xDrive M-Sport - 270 WHP w/JB4 (gone)
2010 BMW 535i RWD - 400 WHP (gone)
1992 R32 Nissan Skyline GTR 500 WHP (gone)
1993 Toyota Supra TT 6 speed - 500 WHP (gone)
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:31 PM   #65
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Carbon Fiber Roof No Doubt

Very Nice !

02-13-2019, 04:41 PM   #66
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

new updated pics are fire!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0