M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Traded the F30 for the F-Type, one month review

06-25-2017, 04:47 PM   #67
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbsm View Post
I love the car but am generally speaking spooked by their long standing and well justified reputation on reliability.

Jag makes BMW look like Toyota in terms of reliability....but I really love the looks of their cars

What sort of warranty did they give you and what are they going to give you when its in the shop for work?
I became a member of the jaguar forum last year and before pulling the trigger found out about its reliability and such. Most on the forum informed me that there's really not much problem as far as the reliability except for a O2 censor and some audio issues that were taken care of by the dealer. So far I haven't experienced any issues but I've only had the car for two months. As far as how the interior feels I can tell you that it's miles better than the F30. No rattles so far and just feels better built. The warranty is four years or 100K in Canada and they gave me the first two scheduled service at no charge. If the car stays there for more than one day they said they'll give a loaner, either a Jag Sedan or an RR. Cheers...
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 11:58 AM   #68
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

The reliability issues of RR's and Jaguar's are well old news. Now in this day and age they are as reliable as any other high end brand. We've had two RR's Sport Autobiography's from brand new and have had no issues. Picking up the third full size Autobiography in a month now. Both since owned by TATA have stepped up their game dramatically.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2017, 02:14 PM   #69
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
I've been a long time bmw owner and thus is my first try with Jag. So far this thing has been solid and no issues. I hope I get the same long term reliability as you did with your RRs.

Cheers...
Appreciate 0