M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Project Gamma Front Mount Intakes

01-16-2020, 11:41 PM   #1
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Project Gamma Front Mount Intakes

Been waiting to install these for a couple of weeks but had waiting for my 1200 mile service. I have had front mount intakes on my m4 and X5m. The sound of an open intake on a turbo is something else. Basically an open cone filter sits behind your grills and has direct access to cool fresh air.

I should be the first to have a front mount intake on a m8. Big thanks to Project Gamma for doing the research to ensure these fit

The intake is a pretty simple but ingenious design compared to my other front mount systems. It’s a one piece 3.5 inch silicon tube. It’s flexible when needed but overall stiff and holds its form. It’s atleast 5m thick and don’t see any chance of it collapsing under high boost. System comes with metal mesh filters which I did not install at this moment. I decided to order some AFE cotton filters with a velocity stack. Cotton and metal filters sound different and mesh sounds much better but didn’t want to risk it during the abnormal wet winter we are having in CA

Install was a breeze. Prob took me an hour start to finish and a good 30 mins trying to figure out how to remove the front grills. Since the tube is flexible it allowed me to twist and bend the tube to get it in the small grill inlet. No cutting, no modifications, kept both support bars. Some of the systems on the f90 required to remove the bars

The system is priced very well and more than happy with the purchase.

Always believed front mount intakes made a decent amount of power. On the f90 they are claiming 20-30hp to the wheels. Maybe, but what was more important was the intoxicating turbo induction

Proper videos coming soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
mgod483.50
TXSTYLE13653.00
      01-17-2020, 04:50 AM   #2
mgod
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m4 csl 992 turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
Been waiting to install these for a couple of weeks but had waiting for my 1200 mile service. I have had front mount intakes on my m4 and X5m. The sound of an open intake on a turbo is something else. Basically an open cone filter sits behind your grills and has direct access to cool fresh air.

I should be the first to have a front mount intake on a m8. Big thanks to Project Gamma for doing the research to ensure these fit

The intake is a pretty simple but ingenious design compared to my other front mount systems. It’s a one piece 3.5 inch silicon tube. It’s flexible when needed but overall stiff and holds its form. It’s atleast 5m thick and don’t see any chance of it collapsing under high boost. System comes with metal mesh filters which I did not install at this moment. I decided to order some AFE cotton filters with a velocity stack. Cotton and metal filters sound different and mesh sounds much better but didn’t want to risk it during the abnormal wet winter we are having in CA

Install was a breeze. Prob took me an hour start to finish and a good 30 mins trying to figure out how to remove the front grills. Since the tube is flexible it allowed me to twist and bend the tube to get it in the small grill inlet. No cutting, no modifications, kept both support bars. Some of the systems on the f90 required to remove the bars

The system is priced very well and more than happy with the purchase.

Always believed front mount intakes made a decent amount of power. On the f90 they are claiming 20-30hp to the wheels. Maybe, but what was more important was the intoxicating turbo induction

Proper videos coming soon.
Lovely just lovely, had them on my f90 but I went eventuri now
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 09:27 AM   #3
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

Was thinking eventuri or a closed intake in general just not to have to worry about rain but I ended up getting prefilters for the new AFE which should prevent any issues. Either way I don’t drive the car in bad weather. The X5m is better suited

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgod View Post
Lovely just lovely, had them on my f90 but I went eventuri now
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 10:35 AM   #4
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Clean install. I'm very interested in hearing a sound clip. Dose it have that intoxicating "woosh" from the Turbos?
      01-17-2020, 01:26 PM   #5
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

Whoosh it has. I can tell you I have gone through a half tank of gas faster than ever

The whoosh is more prominent with higher boost. Will be running some test and have a prototype of Race Chips Gts piggy back over the weekend. The whoosh should be crazy after

Really impressed with the system. Retail is under 1k for the intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Clean install. I'm very interested in hearing a sound clip. Dose it have that intoxicating "woosh" from the Turbos?
Appreciate 0