M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion 8 series owners post your pics got damnit!!!

11-18-2019, 08:39 PM   #89
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Will keep the thread updated and I'm sure you're going to love your M8C when it lands. Bummer on the last two lease payment negotiations. Hopefully the dealer comes to their senses as customer obsession (key Amazon principle) should be driving any decision they make as there is nothing better in the retail business than customer loyalty.

To that point I have some work ahead of me prior to my M850i landing and that is to negotiate an updated discount vs the initial 4% which I did blindly via passion after the test drive of a 2019 back in August. Through info on this forum I now know that 8% or greater is a more appropriate deal. If they focus on customer obsession it won't be an issue given I'm a repeat customer (bought my wife's 2017 X5 from them) and they stand to benefit from the 8+ years of service for the car.
I know you got this. Just be firm but fair. Most dealers would rather have you as a returning customer in good graces than a single sale and upset. Trust me on this one.

My dealer does not want to lose me as a customer. Just this year my family purchased over $300k in cars from them and this will be my 11th personal car from them. In addition having a 2019 X5 50i M Sport, a 2020 X3MC and a 2020 M8C all at the same time should warrant support from BMW NA as well. I think it will all work out.

Peace,
Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 10:21 PM   #90
Brain_attack
Riding the stars
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Will keep the thread updated and I'm sure you're going to love your M8C when it lands. Bummer on the last two lease payment negotiations. Hopefully the dealer comes to their senses as customer obsession (key Amazon principle) should be driving any decision they make as there is nothing better in the retail business than customer loyalty.

To that point I have some work ahead of me prior to my M850i landing and that is to negotiate an updated discount vs the initial 4% which I did blindly via passion after the test drive of a 2019 back in August. Through info on this forum I now know that 8% or greater is a more appropriate deal. If they focus on customer obsession it won't be an issue given I'm a repeat customer (bought my wife's 2017 X5 from them) and they stand to benefit from the 8+ years of service for the car.
How do you get 8% discount when the invoice is ~7% discount from the MRSP. They would sell it less than the invoice?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 10:45 AM   #91
noushy
///M Fan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain_attack View Post
How do you get 8% discount when the invoice is ~7% discount from the MRSP. They would sell it less than the invoice?
Usually not a brand new car unless there are other incentives. For instance there is $3000 loyalty so that is like 2% right there. Also sometimes BMW gives them money to move a car, especially towards the end of the year on past model year. Again its hard to know with all the backend money. Also they get money when the mark up the MF and on financing as well as certain products like tire and wheel insurance.

Noushy
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 03:00 PM   #92
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Not sure how it all works but there is "back end money" at times, e.g., Flagship incentives, etc. My challenge is I'm picking up a 202 M850i vs the best deals right now are on the 2019s. Some of the highest 2019 MSRPs are selling at 15%+ off based on postings here. My build is has a pretty high MSRP of $127,645 (Individual color, Individual full leather, B&W, Carbon roof and full boat of Drivers Assistance packages) so I'm hoping to get 8% but may have to settle for 6%. Outside of two 2020 M850i GCs there is only one other 2020 M850i in the Phoenix area at the moment which is the original build I had done until I discovered the Drivers Assistance Package 2 issue. Hopefully that will change by the time mine lands in December but if not it will be an interesting conversation to say the least on trying to get a larger discount.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 08:47 AM   #93
noushy
///M Fan
Rep

Quote:
Not sure how it all works but there is "back end money" at times, e.g., Flagship incentives, etc. My challenge is I'm picking up a 202 M850i vs the best deals right now are on the 2019s. Some of the highest 2019 MSRPs are selling at 15%+ off based on postings here. My build is has a pretty high MSRP of $127,645 (Individual color, Individual full leather, B&W, Carbon roof and full boat of Drivers Assistance packages) so I'm hoping to get 8% but may have to settle for 6%. Outside of two 2020 M850i GCs there is only one other 2020 M850i in the Phoenix area at the moment which is the original build I had done until I discovered the Drivers Assistance Package 2 issue. Hopefully that will change by the time mine lands in December but if not it will be an interesting conversation to say the least on trying to get a larger discount.
Yes and look to see if there are any out there that are comparable or that you would want. Then use that offer to help negotiate your special order. Remember the dealer knows you are willing to pay extra to get what you want and they use that against you at times. Again if they feel you will walk away then they will make sure to keep the deal.

Noushy
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 06:55 PM   #94
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
Yes and look to see if there are any out there that are comparable or that you would want. Then use that offer to help negotiate your special order. Remember the dealer knows you are willing to pay extra to get what you want and they use that against you at times. Again if they feel you will walk away then they will make sure to keep the deal.

Noushy
Agreed and thanks for the tips. My biggest hurdle is that the dealer does know I want round 2 of the special order as round 1 is sitting on their floor given the lack of 3D view and Parking Assistant Plus. However, there are plenty of 2019s out there that have those features but primarily not my desire for full leather in Fiona/Black and B&W audio.

That said my biggest challenge is if I walk away from round 2 they officially get to keep my $2500 non-refundable deposit. I've already checked the legal statutes and unlike CA that is definitely enforceable in AZ. So the strategy as in any negotiation is a win-win for both parties. Hence, willing to get closer to a 6% discount (win for me) and continuing loyal customer to the deal whom will have all service done there well beyond the 3 year maintenance and worth more to them than the money from the sale (win for them).
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 09:40 AM   #95
noushy
///M Fan
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Noushy
Agreed and thanks for the tips. My biggest hurdle is that the dealer does know I want round 2 of the special order as round 1 is sitting on their floor given the lack of 3D view and Parking Assistant Plus. However, there are plenty of 2019s out there that have those features but primarily not my desire for full leather in Fiona/Black and B&W audio.

That said my biggest challenge is if I walk away from round 2 they officially get to keep my $2500 non-refundable deposit. I've already checked the legal statutes and unlike CA that is definitely enforceable in AZ. So the strategy as in any negotiation is a win-win for both parties. Hence, willing to get closer to a 6% discount (win for me) and continuing loyal customer to the deal whom will have all service done there well beyond the 3 year maintenance and worth more to them than the money from the sale (win for them).
In Michigan they do not but the dealer also does not want to lose your sale. Curiously is there any M8s out there you may want? Big discounts on HEA cars.

Noushy
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 07:57 PM   #96
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Noushy

In Michigan they do not but the dealer also does not want to lose your sale. Curiously is there any M8s out there you may want? Big discounts on HEA cars.

Noushy
Would love a M8 but even at a great discount will still be likely to expnsive for my blood. Pardon the ignorance but what is HEA?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 10:22 PM   #97
noushy
///M Fan
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Noushy

Noushy
Would love a M8 but even at a great discount will still be likely to expnsive for my blood. Pardon the ignorance but what is HEA?
These are demo cars built by BMW for dealers to launch a new vehicle. There are a bunch out there right now close to 200. Most are black sapphire with the white and tan interior. Look on cars.com

Noushy
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 04:08 PM   #98
viggysee
Rep
Drives: BMW 840xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post
My man!!
I was Going to get the m5 till I saw the 8. I mean...the wheelbase delta says it all. Love the way the 8 handles at higher speeds in sharp turns (helps accelerate a little sooner out of turns).
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 04:01 PM   #99
Beethoven3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i, 2009 650, 2006 650

Quote:
Bloozeman, are you ordering a 2020 M850i coupe? I was told by a local So Cal. dealer that no allocations were available for the coupe, and that all the 2020 models built-to-date are M8's, 840's, and M850i GCs. Unfortunately, a 2019 coupe with almost the exact spec I wanted was sold last weekend the same day I noticed the dealer posting. I was ready to negotiate a deal the next day. Thus, I will likely need to order a 2020. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 09:06 PM   #100
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKW View Post
Matte Pine Green Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beethoven3 View Post
Bloozeman, are you ordering a 2020 M850i coupe? I was told by a local So Cal. dealer that no allocations were available for the coupe, and that all the 2020 models built-to-date are M8's, 840's, and M850i GCs. Unfortunately, a 2019 coupe with almost the exact spec I wanted was sold last weekend the same day I noticed the dealer posting. I was ready to negotiate a deal the next day. Thus, I will likely need to order a 2020. Thanks.
Yes, my 2nd order of a 2020 M850i lands early next month (should have arrived at the port in Long Beach CA yesterday). It's been a long and winding road to get it as I've posted in the forums my 1st order landed at my dealer earlier this month but it is missing the ZDA package vs ZDX due to the bmwusa.com website's "Build Your Own" configurator only supporting ZDX.

Your dealer is spot on as the majority of 2020s are M8's, 840's and GCs. When I was ready to place my order in July the 2019 production had ended so my dealer said we would need to wait for an August allocation for 2020s. The August allocation for 2020 M850i coupes in the US was a whopping total of 5. My dealer didn't get one but since they are part of the Penske Automotive Group they were able to horse trade with another that did.

That allocation turned out to be useless given the ZDX debacle as by the time it was figured out the Individual lock on the build had past. My dealer helped escalate to BMW NA their issue (which still has not been fixed) and ultimately I was given a new expedited allocation that will be my best Christmas present to myself ever! I plan on keeping it for the long haul so it is configured to my desires: Individual Tanzanite II exterior, Individual Fiona/Black full leather, the full boat of Drivers Assistant packages (requires ZDA), carbon fiber roof, B&W audio, glass controls, carbon fiber trim (new for 2020 thanks to the M8 and nicer than the standard Stainless Steel or wood options) and Anthracite Alcantara headliner.

If you want to build a 2020 M850i coupe to your specs you will need to wait for an allocation. I just checked what is available in the U.S. and there are 6 (including my first build that is now at BMW North Scottsdale here in AZ). Hope you get an allocation soon!

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 11-29-2019 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 11:59 AM   #101
Beethoven3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i, 2009 650, 2006 650

Quote:
Yes, my 2nd order of a 2020 M850i lands early next month (should have arrived at the port in Long Beach CA yesterday). It's been a long and winding road to get it as I've posted in the forums my 1st order landed at my dealer earlier this month but it is missing the ZDA package vs ZDX due to the bmwusa.com website's "Build Your Own" configurator only supporting ZDX.

Your dealer is spot on as the majority of 2020s are M8's, 840's and GCs. When I was ready to place my order in July the 2019 production had ended so my dealer said we would need to wait for an August allocation for 2020s. The August allocation for 2020 M850i coupes in the US was a whopping total of 5. My dealer didn't get one but since they are part of the Penske Automotive Group they were able to horse trade with another that did.

That allocation turned out to be useless given the ZDX debacle as by the time it was figured out the Individual lock on the build had past. My dealer helped escalate to BMW NA their issue (which still has not been fixed) and ultimately I was given a new expedited allocation that will be my best Christmas present to myself ever! I plan on keeping it for the long haul so it is configured to my desires: Individual Tanzanite II exterior, Individual Fiona/Black full leather, the full boat of Drivers Assistant packages (requires ZDA), carbon fiber roof, B&W audio, glass controls, carbon fiber trim (new for 2020 thanks to the M8 and nicer than the standard Stainless Steel or wood options) and Anthracite Alcantara headliner.

If you want to build a 2020 M850i coupe to your specs you will need to wait for an allocation. I just checked what is available in the U.S. and there are 6 (including my first build that is now at BMW North Scottsdale here in AZ). Hope you get an allocation soon!
Your new car is a very nice Christmas present indeed! How do I check the 6 allocations that are available in the U.S.? Is it a specific website? There are many dealers in the So. Cal area so its possible one of them has an allocation. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 09:01 PM   #102
rb555
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850I convertible

Here's mine

Mineral White Metallic
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      12-01-2019, 02:25 PM   #103
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

Gorgeous! Perfectly configured. (Did you give any consideration to the glass controls? Not to everyone's liking, I know.)
- Retired: Three Lexuses.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 05:16 AM   #104
rb555
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850I convertible

Thanks for the compliment!

Actually this on was on the dealers lot. Been looking at it all summer.
Drivers Assistance Pkg.
Drivers Assistance Pro Pkg.
Moonlight Blk top
Neck warmers (good in Massachusetts)
Wheel Locks
I like the glass controls but this is how it came, I got a great deal.
Only thing I'm going to add is the floating center caps .
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 06:30 AM   #105
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

Sounds great. Fwiw, the glass controls can be added by the dealer, but it’s a hassle and probably quite costly.

Regardless, your car is perfect.
- Retired: Three Lexuses.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 03:43 PM   #106
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb555 View Post
Mineral White Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beethoven3 View Post
Your new car is a very nice Christmas present indeed! How do I check the 6 allocations that are available in the U.S.? Is it a specific website? There are many dealers in the So. Cal area so its possible one of them has an allocation. Thanks.
Sorry for the confusion, i.e., there is not a website you can check the available allocations as that is BMW internal only type of information. I meant that I checked available inventory in the US for 2020 M850i coupes (via cars.com but plenty of equivalent sites to do so) which came up with only 6.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #107
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Click on pics!

The kind folks at Perillo BMW in Chicago let me hold down this 840i GC while my 750 is in for service. Such an amazing vehicle! We will definitely be getting one soon for our second car.
Attached Images

12-28-2019, 01:09 PM   #108
mgod
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m4 csl 992 turbo S

Garage List
Mgod
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-04-2020, 02:00 PM   #109