M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Full individual visualiser for M8 is live

08-29-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Full individual visualiser for M8 is live

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
https://visualizer.bmw-individual.co...ang=en&dc=1-4#

You can't pick parts from the M Performance range yet but all of the exterior colours are available
Attached Images

08-29-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
mhbrownie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750LI, BMW 2016 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
https://visualizer.bmw-individual.co...ang=en&dc=1-4#

You can't pick parts from the M Performance range yet but all of the exterior colours are available
Note, that just because you can configure an 8 series with those colors and options doesn't actually mean you can order it from BMW. At least here in the US there a no BMW Individualization programs available for the 8 series (m840, m850, m8, m8 comp etc.). So it is a bit misleading to think all of those colors are options (that you can pay extra for) when they are not. Perhaps in the future when BMW steps of production of 8 series, but who knows. Folks in the US at least are limited to the colors and options available on the standard build configurator on bmwusa.com
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 03:53 PM   #3
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbrownie View Post
Quote:
https://visualizer.bmw-individual.co...en&dc=1-4#

Note, that just because you can configure an 8 series with those colors and options doesn't actually mean you can order it from BMW. At least here in the US there a no BMW Individualization programs available for the 8 series (m840, m850, m8, m8 comp etc.). So it is a bit misleading to think all of those colors are options (that you can pay extra for) when they are not. Perhaps in the future when BMW steps of production of 8 series, but who knows. Folks in the US at least are limited to the colors and options available on the standard build configurator on bmwusa.com
That's not true. BmwDavid who is my sales guy spoke with BMW Individual and there are options of individual colors for the 8 series. I've even seen a M850i in a green color (I can't remember the exact color) that was a European Delivery so you can spec the 8 series with individual.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 07:36 AM   #4
mhbrownie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750LI, BMW 2016 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
That's not true. BmwDavid who is my sales guy spoke with BMW Individual and there are options of individual colors for the 8 series. I've even seen a M850i in a green color (I can't remember the exact color) that was a European Delivery so you can spec the 8 series with individual.
Thanks for the info on BMWDavid, I have reached out to him so we will see what he can do. I have tried two dealerships and another BMW sales person in this forum and all have checked with Germany and said there is no allocation for a 2020 M8 Comp to be part of the BMW individualization program at this time. They did say for something like the "I" paint colors (not on the bmwusa configurator) it would be about 5k additional.
Appreciate 2
      09-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #5
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Sakhir Orange on the visualizer looks amazing!!!!
      09-03-2019, 08:44 PM   #6
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Credit to bmw for trying something new on wheel style, but i just cant like them
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 11:04 PM   #7
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Ready!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 02:18 AM   #8
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Credit to bmw for trying something new on wheel style, but i just cant like them
I agree, probably the worst wheel options ever for an M car.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2019, 05:45 AM   #9
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTS@STBMW View Post
Ready!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #10
Shantosh Seewooruttun
Private
Rep
Drives: Sleek

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian test driver View Post

Who thinks those wheels (811M and 813M) will look better if there was only the inner-star part or the outer-star part but not both?

Some BMW wheels look too complexed (as if the designer ran out of ideas or tried too hard and made a messy mixture of shapes, spokes and styles) and also some do not seem to fit the shape and lines of the car. I prefer cleaner looking styles but I still like some complex-looking if they fit with the style of the car (for example, the 817M on the G11/G12) but some designs from BMW are way too off. It would be better if both cleaner and more complex looking wheels at the desirable sizes were provided so that there is a proper variety to choose from for different tastes but it is not the case here.

Last edited by Shantosh Seewooruttun; 09-04-2019 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2019, 01:31 PM   #11
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantosh Seewooruttun View Post
Who thinks those wheels (811M and 813M) will look better if there was only the inner-star part or the outer-star part but not both?

Some BMW wheels look too complexed (as if the designer ran out of ideas or tried too hard and made a messy mixture of shapes, spokes and styles) and also some do not seem to fit the shape and lines of the car. I prefer cleaner looking styles but I still like some complex-looking if they fit with the style of the car (for example, the 817M on the G11/G12) but some designs from BMW are way too off. It would be better if both cleaner and more complex looking wheels at the desirable sizes were provided so that there is a proper variety to choose from for different tastes but it is not the case here.

I prefer the 811m that come on the 'vert as per my green car at the top over the 813m. But I agree that they are too busy. Perhaps BMW want everyone to buy the M Performance wheels.
      09-04-2019, 07:45 PM   #12
ZZZZMD1991
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
It won't work for me and asks for a "PDF Code"....
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 07:22 PM   #13
GKW
Private
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i, 22 Alpina B8

Quote:
https://visualizer.bmw-individual.co...en&dc=1-4#

If only all those colors were available when i ordered my 850! There were zero shades of green so I had mine wrapped!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 12:16 AM   #14
Montalban
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 6MT

long time reader, first time poster!

I found lots of info here when I got my first ever BMW, a 2015 M3 with the 6 speed gearbox and I love that car. As a kid my favorite was always the 635csi and the classic 850 so the new 8 series caught my eye.

I ordered it sight unseen, and after looking at the configurator colors and options, I had my dealer place a PO in the night blue leather full interior (full leather didn't appear in the configurator here in Canada, but since getting it on the M3 it went from being an expensive needless option, to a must have in my eyes - it really amps up the exotic feel and fit and finish in my opinion). The code was ZBHX for the night blue/black full leather.

Then, I decided dravit grey wasn't quite right and I didn't know if the gorgeous red was really for me, SO - I got the paint code for frozen dark silver (ZV9) and had them put it on the PO. I wasn't sure that would work, half expected to get a call saying I needed to pick an available color. But I never did, and one day this appeared....
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MPoweRo428.00
      09-24-2019, 06:30 AM   #15
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

So mine is at status 112 (M8 Comp) and we contacted BMW regional Midwest. They said they would accommodate my order for any individual paint but expect production delay till W45 and 2 extra weeks in production. Oh and $5500 for most of the non frozen metallic colors. Obviously frozen and pure metal silver are way more.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 06:33 AM   #16
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantosh Seewooruttun View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian test driver View Post

I went with the 811M wheel as well. The original comp wheel is way too busy. Seems this is the trend lately even from HRE and their 3D printed wheel.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0