M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Wow! STI Guys Don't Hate On 135i

10-25-2007, 08:36 PM   #23
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower View Post
Doesnt matter whether other people like or hate a particular model, their opinion is worth not one penny to anything in my book. It's nice that they like the car, that's great for them. But I wouldnt go nearly as far as stating how "amazing" it is or think that their thoughts equate in someway to the quality of the car.

Glad we clarified that. :smile:
You are so full of it. I'm sorry, but you really are. If you didnt care what others think you wouldnt read your Beloved ''EVO'' magazine. End of story. I'm sorry but I would take a person driving a high-performance car's thoughts and feels more into account than someone driving the beater.
      10-25-2007, 08:53 PM   #24
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
You are so full of it. I'm sorry, but you really are. If you didnt care what others think you wouldnt read your Beloved ''EVO'' magazine. End of story. I'm sorry but I would take a person driving a high-performance car's thoughts and feels more into account than someone driving the beater.
Remember that I never said that I would base any discussion off of a review. Also remember that you agreed with that:

Quote:
Quote:
Im not questioning that. I cant believe anyone would think that a magazine review would drastically influence any decision.

As it shouldnt... It would be ridiculous to think that any one person can accurately reflect someone's thoughts on a car.
I said that I thought that evo provided the best non-biased journalism out there. That does not mean that what they think will change my mind on anything. Heck, they hate the NC Miata and that clearly didnt stop me.

Listen, it's nice that there are still some rational people out there who dont base their opinions off of badges. I'm not saying that those people on other forums are delusional or unintelligent. But they thinking that the 135i is a credible competitor does not all of a sudden make me think any better of the 135i. The car is what the car is. There are a bunch of intelligent people here. However, your or anyone else's opinion of the 135i (whether positive or negative) is not going to change my opinion of it.
      10-25-2007, 08:58 PM   #25
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Remember that I never said that I would base any discussion off of a review. Also remember that you agreed with that:

I said that I thought that evo provided the best non-biased journalism out there. That does not mean that what they think will change my mind on anything. Heck, they hate the NC Miata and that clearly didnt stop me.

Listen, it's nice that there are still some rational people out there who dont base their opinions off of badges. I'm not saying that those people on other forums are delusional or unintelligent. But they thinking that the 135i is a credible competitor does not all of a sudden make me think any better of the 135i. The car is what the car is. There are a bunch of intelligent people here. However, your or anyone else's opinion of the 135i (whether positive or negative) is not going to change my opinion of it.
So the unbiased magazine review you read are worthless to you then. Whether they think it is a piece of junk or god-sent doesnt matter or change your thoughts of it in the least. You must just read them to look at the pictures.
      10-25-2007, 09:14 PM   #26
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep

Quote:
So the unbiased magazine review you read are worthless to you then. Whether they think it is a piece of junk or god-sent doesnt matter or change your thoughts of it in the least. You must just read them to look at the pictures.
I enjoy the writing. I like reading about news, editorials, etc. And, yes, the photography is brilliant and is probably the number one reason why I purchase any magazine. But ultimately, no matter what evo or anyone thinks about the car will not change my views based upon my own personal experiences.
      10-25-2007, 10:10 PM   #27
ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

I think the opinions of those that have not driven the 135i is based on a collective of reviews, articles, specs and pictures. So whether you admit it or not, your opinion on the 135i right now is affected by other people's views, and articles that you've read. You can tell us how your so very unaffected by everything, once you yourself has driven one.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #28
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
I think the opinions of those that have not driven the 135i is based on a collective of reviews, articles, specs and pictures. So whether you admit it or not, your opinion on the 135i right now is affected by other people's views, and articles that you've read. You can tell us how your so very unaffected by everything, once you yourself has driven one.
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, I will say that right now, my opinion of the 135i is based on my experiences with the N54, the photos, the specs, and any other general experiences that I have had with BMWs. But that is just me...
      10-25-2007, 10:31 PM   #29
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, I will say that right now, my opinion of the 135i is based on my experiences with the N54, the photos, the specs, and any other general experiences that I have had with BMWs. But that is just me...
haha...
      10-25-2007, 10:33 PM   #30
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep

Quote:
haha...
Glad you are enjoying yourself.
      10-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #31
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Glad you are enjoying yourself.
I am b/c you can be so full of hot air sometimes man.

Here is MPower quoting the ''positive'' reviews of a magazine from July 3rd. http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596

"Most of the reviews of the new 1er 3-Door, which uses a newly revised EPS system, have been quite positive. According to them, the old hydraulic setup was too heavy at low speed and that this more manageable while still providing good feedback. Im quite fond of the EPS in the Z4 but would like it with more feel which is what the 1 Coupe should be providing."
-Mpower

If you dont care what these magazines have to say why are you quoting them. That is why I'm laughing. Since you have no experience with the 1-series 3dr, you shouldnt be quoting their reviews.

Thats my opinion and as you said I'm entitled to it. Nothing you can say on here will convince me that no magazine article has ever controlled what you've felt about a car.
      10-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #32
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep

Quote:
Thats my opinion and as you said I'm entitled to it. Nothing you can say on here will convince me that no magazine article has ever controlled what you've felt about a car.
Firstly, I am not trying to convince you of anything. It's just a discussion and apparently many people here seem to have a problem when not everyone agrees.

Quote:
Here is MPower quoting the ''positive'' reviews of a magazine from July 3rd.

"Most of the reviews of the new 1er 3-Door, which uses a newly revised EPS system, have been quite positive. According to them, the old hydraulic setup was too heavy at low speed and that this more manageable while still providing good feedback. Im quite fond of the EPS in the Z4 but would like it with more feel which is what the 1 Coupe should be providing."
-Mpower

If you dont care what these magazines have to say why are you quoting them. That is why I'm laughing. Since you have no experience with the 1-series 3dr, you shouldnt be quoting their reviews.
You really searched for that 5 month old comment, didn't you? I admire the determination...

Regardless, you will note how I mentioned at the very end of that comment that I noted how my experiences with the Z4's EPS system base my expectations for the 1 Coupe's EPS system. I was responding to a poster who was complaining about the 1 Coupe's EPS system and I was hoping to provide perspective to electric systems by using reviews which most people seem to respond well to. Just because their reviews dont base my opinion on the car and its systems, does not mean I can not agree with their opinions, and does not mean that I can not quote their opinions in order to make a point.

My opinion is not dependent upon their opinion.

Back to the original topic, does your opinion on the 135i change because some other group responds well to a car they have not driven or seen in person? Personally, I can not expect someone else to accurately reflect my own opinions, as I have stated before.

BTW, this is probably the oddest argument I have ever had. Still, I'm glad at least someone here has the tenacity to say what the really think.
      10-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #33
Bourbon
Member?
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
:mad:
Sell me your car.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 12:43 PM   #34
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
Sell me your car.
Haha. I wake up saying I'm gonna sell it for the 1 and I go to bed saying I'm gonna keep it and still get the 1. Smart man about asking in the morning.
      10-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #35
Tijuana
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535xi

:drinking:

This thread needs a hug.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #36
Redline
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I have to say , even if I'm getting a 1series, I'm still getting an Evo. They are two different cars and would prefer Evo when I go rallying over using 1series for obvious reasons.
Appreciate 0