M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion M8's Star P Zeros

02-15-2024, 10:49 AM   #23
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Assuming the PZ’s were run flat version’s since on an 850 vs M8?
Yes, as I recall they were runflats.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 11:53 AM   #24
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Thrillride View Post
Yes, as I recall they were runflats.
Then the ride/comfort on the M8’s non run flat version should be markedly better.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 04:55 PM   #25
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Then the ride/comfort on the M8’s non run flat version should be markedly better.
I won’t disagree with that, but the ride of the M8 with whatever tire is just rougher. I forget if there is even a comfort setting on the M8. I installed the KW V4s in its first year.

As I say, get in the car, drive the car, if you already bought the car, don’t complain about said car, OR change car to one’s liking. Not directing this at you my friend.

Reviews put the PS4s on top of the PZeros, but they are just different tires.

Honestly, I never liked the ride of the M850 with its four wheel steering and was thinking to change some things out, but never changed a thing because I ordered the M8 pretty quickly during Covid.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 11:53 PM   #26
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
I won’t disagree with that, but the ride of the M8 with whatever tire is just rougher. I forget if there is even a comfort setting on the M8. I installed the KW V4s in its first year.

As I say, get in the car, drive the car, if you already bought the car, don’t complain about said car, OR change car to one’s liking. Not directing this at you my friend.

Honestly, I never liked the ride of the M850 with its four wheel steering and was thinking to change some things out, but never changed a thing because I ordered the M8 pretty quickly during Covid.
I agree. I was surprised when I first picked up my M8 how much stiffer the ride was. I eventually put the PS4 ASs on it and was again surprised how much more comfortable the ride became. The All seasons are fine for my year-round daily driving needs
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2024, 05:27 PM   #27
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
I agree. I was surprised when I first picked up my M8 how much stiffer the ride was. I eventually put the PS4 ASs on it and was again surprised how much more comfortable the ride became. The All seasons are fine for my year-round daily driving needs
My M850 came with Pilot Sport non run flats and I tested it back-to-back when I was going to get to get a 24 M8 that also had Pilots, the difference in ride (both in comfort) was negligible on S Fl smooth roads. I hope the '25 I ordered has Pilots, snagged one of the very few March allocations available.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 1