M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Upset with dealership

03-20-2024, 02:23 PM   #1
chancellorbeem
Private
Rep
Drives: 20' M850i Coupe

I recently made a flex disk (Guibo) replacement post and just wanted to share some extra stuff I have been having issues with a particular dealership.

So first, I went in for a brake fluid service. Then they scratched the car and said they will replace the front bumper cover and even ceramic coat it (mine originally was). They said it would take about a week, come next week they said the front camera is damaged so they will replace it and it will take another week.

Mind you, for a week now the car has had a nail in the rear tire (that could be patched/plugged) but they don’t plug or patch tires. This was supposed to be a same day brake fluid service then patch the tire somewhere but because of the dealership caused accident it’s going be sitting on its wheel for a total of two weeks.

Moreover, the guido replacement they are quoting $900 higher than another dealership in the city. I am just so done with them.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 02:38 PM   #2
ledphut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Garage List
2022 Alpina CB7  [3.50]
Yikes…

Sounds like you have at least one other dealership to choose from, so be thankful for that.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2024, 04:03 PM   #3
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancellorbeem View Post
I recently made a flex disk (Guibo) replacement post and just wanted to share some extra stuff I have been having issues with a particular dealership.

So first, I went in for a brake fluid service. Then they scratched the car and said they will replace the front bumper cover and even ceramic coat it (mine originally was). They said it would take about a week, come next week they said the front camera is damaged so they will replace it and it will take another week.

Mind you, for a week now the car has had a nail in the rear tire (that could be patched/plugged) but they don’t plug or patch tires. This was supposed to be a same day brake fluid service then patch the tire somewhere but because of the dealership caused accident it’s going be sitting on its wheel for a total of two weeks.

Moreover, the guido replacement they are quoting $900 higher than another dealership in the city. I am just so done with them.
Sorry you're going through all this, nothing is worse than collateral damage, my M850 is in for service now and I hope all will be well.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2024, 12:38 AM   #4
shawntech
The Wolf
United_States
Rep
Drives: stuff

Garage List
  [0.00]
2019 BMW M850i conv ...  [0.00]
I'm in MI and have had some unbelievable negligence experiences, BMW has some major issues with their dealers. Hope everything works out.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 04:42 AM   #5
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:

Presumably they have given you a courtesy car?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 01:10 PM   #6
chancellorbeem
Private
Rep
Drives: 20' M850i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaford View Post
Presumably they have given you a courtesy car?
Yep
Appreciate 1
Seaford1147.50
      03-21-2024, 01:49 PM   #7
Wavy
Captain
Rep
Drives: B8

Sorry to hear this. I try to minimize the amount of trips to any dealer because most of these techs don't give a sh!t about your car.

'23 B8, '84 Monte Carlo SS, '23 Escalade, '21 S 580, '20 AMG GT 53 , '18 LS 500, '18 X6, '16 Corvette, '12 750Li, '14 GS 350, '13 ES 350, '10 Maxima, '09 Challenger
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 04:05 PM   #8
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

My courtesy is a new X5 4.0 with the 48V mild hybrid assist and let me say from a slow roll when it’s floored it truly scoots!

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 1
Seaford1147.50
      03-23-2024, 03:15 PM   #9
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
I recently made a flex disk (Guibo) replacement post and just wanted to share some extra stuff I have been havi
Sounds like a total nightmare but from my experience (staple in rear left tire) which one would think easier to patch/plug than a nail as two small entry points nobody would do so. Basically nobody wants to take on the liability of a tire rated over 150MPH regardless of whether the owner will do that or not. Just my experience so others MMV.

My SA gave me a good deal on the replacement (all 4 done six months earlier so no tread wear issues) plus threw in a free balance in all 4 for good measure.

Quote:
Time to take your business elsewhere. 👍
Appreciate 0