M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos GT-R owner gets what he deserves!!!

03-24-2010, 01:16 AM   #23
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Unlike Americans, who move out(or try to) at 18 and start everything from scratch, for the chinese, money is passed down from parents to children, generation to generation, and the children build upon that money. So it's not really hard to imagine how they got those nice cars.

It's just different cultures. Many people have been judging immigrants with American standards, and putting down younger people who drive nice cars. This was actually confusing for me when I first surfed forums.
where else do you expect the money to go? charity?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 03:09 AM   #24
sole cal
Black Mamba
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Repost...but they are still idiots.
      03-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #25
oct1285
Captain
Rep
Drives: Out of warranty

I sense much ignorance in this thread. BMW drivers sure are stupid
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #26
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by titancrusher1 View Post
Gotta say, if you don't live in The San Gabriel Valley then you may not understand. As a real estate investment broker, a few of my asian clients have ridiculous amounts of money coming from god knows where... I see young guys driving Exotic cars at least once a day.
I went to UCI and there were a ton of dumb kids w/ cars much nicer than mine (I didn't even drive for a year).

That said, when I was first going to school I thought it was weird people working through college... I assumed everybody's parents paid for their children's education.
      03-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #27
WILLIE92
H20 KING!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328I

i guess they were stupid for posting the video! but then again, im not hating on their effort to rip off the insurance company! who are even bigger crooks!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2010, 12:19 AM   #28
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 14' WRX, 15' W205

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
I went to UCI and there were a ton of dumb kids w/ cars much nicer than mine (I didn't even drive for a year).

That said, when I was first going to school I thought it was weird people working through college... I assumed everybody's parents paid for their children's education.
UCI is over 75% Asian and bunch of them are rich as hell, I know a girl there and I have seen how much those young kids can spend.

These kind of the scene is only seen in Cali man, I went to LSU and every Asian I know there (mostly Vietnamese) are hard working kid and study their asses off. I get mad when I read news like these because a lotta people just thinks Asian = Rick punks.

(I am Taiwanese)

Last edited by yamazaho; 03-26-2010 at 12:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2010, 02:37 AM   #29
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamazaho View Post
UCI is over 75% Asian and bunch of them are rich as hell, I know a girl there and I have seen how much those young kids can spend.

These kind of the scene is only seen in Cali man, I went to LSU and every Asian I know there (mostly Vietnamese) are hard working kid and study their asses off. I get mad when I read news like these because a lotta people just thinks Asian = Rick punks.

(I am Taiwanese)
Which is the same as Chinese right?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2010, 05:26 AM   #30
charcoalwan
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F85

i have 3 houses ..x6m ,rdx ,glk350 and i am 31 , single cantonese came from hk .....
i own a pizza shop but most ppl think i sell drugs at the back door....
but.. something they didnt know is

I work 6 1/2 days a week about 14 hours aday ...... when they were hungry and order food i am starving and making their meal .. when they are partying hard and get wasted and hungry again ,,, i am the 1 make them pizza, finally when they scored with a chick , i was still back at the shop cleaning up ....

yup its very true some are rich and stupid like this GTR guy but i would say most of them know what they are doing with their money
13 RDX
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #31
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 14' WRX, 15' W205

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmoooon View Post
Which is the same as Chinese right?
Personally I tell others that I am Taiwanese and NOT Chinese but I know there will be people who won't understand this and will think I am being weird. I will just leave it there, people who know why will know what I am talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charcoalwan View Post
i have 3 houses ..x6m ,rdx ,glk350 and i am 31 , single cantonese came from hk .....

I work 6 1/2 days a week about 14 hours aday ...... when they were hungry and order food i am starving and making their meal .. when they are partying hard and get wasted and hungry again ,,, i am the 1 make them pizza, finally when they scored with a chick , i was still back at the shop cleaning up ....

yup its very true some are rich and stupid like this GTR guy but i would say most of them know what they are doing with their money
Well said man, I can totally relate what you are saying. When I moved to States back in 98, my family purchased a little motel and the next 9.5 years was like in hell. I had to help there and had to deal with some of the most disgusting things while cleaning/fixing these rooms. I had to keep people out b/c of prostitution. I had to work on Friday and Saturday night from 9-3 in the morning cleaning out rooms for more customers. I had to be careful not to get stuck by used drug needles underneath the bed, underneath the chair cushions or tucked underneath the sheets. I once cleaned one TINY little room with 14-15 used condoms spread throughout the rooms!!! Me and my dad had to deal with so many room problems and we had to learn from every single cases since we knew nothing of those to begin with. We made good money alright, people were like oh you'll are rich as hell. Yeah but we worked for it!!!

Now I am a dentist and I promised myself that I will demand respect from others and not just taking crap from others. Fuck that puck ass Asian kid.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 09:53 AM   #32
rrobert22
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93 m3

Honestly, we could use some more people in this
country like some of the Asian guys/ gals in this thread. If you want to
hate on a culture there are other places to look.

Quote:
Personally I tell others that I am Taiwanese and NOT Chinese but I know there will be people who won't understand this and will think I am being weird. I will just leave it there, people who know why will know what I am talking about.

Well said man, I can totally relate what you are saying. When I moved to States back in 98, my family purchased a little motel and the next 9.5 years was like in hell. I had to help there and had to deal with some of the most disgusting things while cleaning/fixing these rooms. I had to keep people out b/c of prostitution. I had to work on Friday and Saturday night from 9-3 in the morning cleaning out rooms for more customers. I had to be careful not to get stuck by used drug needles underneath the bed, underneath the chair cushions or tucked underneath the sheets. I once cleaned one TINY little room with 14-15 used condoms spread throughout the rooms!!! Me and my dad had to deal with so many room problems and we had to learn from every single cases since we knew nothing of those to begin with. We made good money alright, people were like oh you'll are rich as hell. Yeah but we worked for it!!!

Now I am a dentist and I promised myself that I will demand respect from others and not just taking crap from others. Fuck that puck ass Asian kid.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #33
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
Haha, 98% of Taiwan is Han Chinese, unless you were ancestors of aboriginals which accounts for the other 2%.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #34
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

A lot of people dont realise that there is a big division between the rich and poor in China and HK.

Property prices have jumped massively over there, many factories have opened; combine that with low income tax rates and the result is a great deal of people have quick access money they never had.

This has widened the gap even further.

You got to HK and you will see more Benz's, BMWs and Audis than jap cars (exc taxis!)...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #35
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Money comes from the parents of FOBs that brought it over from China/Taiwan.
FOB?

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 01:15 AM   #36
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post
FOB?
"Fresh off the boat" = immigrant
      04-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #37
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by charcoalwan View Post

props to you on that one man, I'm the same as you ('cept not asian). and there's nothing wrong with the situation you're in.... good for you, keep that shit up
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #38
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

VTEC kicked in Yo
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #39
Bobby_LeMans
Banned
Rep
Drives: your mom wild!

Quote:
Haha, 98% of Taiwan is Han Chinese, unless you were ancestors of aboriginals which accounts for the other 2%.
Haha...OMG

in the end...still chinese...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 10:21 PM   #40
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Unlike Americans, who move out(or try to) at 18 and start everything from scratch, for the chinese, money is passed down from parents to children, generation to generation, and the children build upon that money. So it's not really hard to imagine how they got those nice cars.

It's just different cultures. Many people have been judging immigrants with American standards, and putting down younger people who drive nice cars. This was actually confusing for me when I first surfed forums.
What? So here in the US, when we die, where do we send our money? I really thought I was going to leave it to my children. Thanks for straightening me out on that one.

I swear the racial profiling in this thread absolutely amaze me.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #41
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by oct1285 View Post
I sense much ignorance in this thread. BMW drivers sure are stupid
Well I would agree but that would be badge whore profiling!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 10:32 PM   #42
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

I'm not even surprised... douchebag's a typical Strawberry Generation kid.