M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Oil change 2019 BMW M 850i x drive

05-11-2024, 01:39 AM   #23
CarPhanatic
Rep
Drives: M850i 2019 coupe

Get the 225$ prepaid Ultimate Oil

Hi all! This thread couldn't have come at a better time!.
Have a 2019 850xi and was due for the 5 year service.

After 60 months of ownership we are eligible for $225 oil and filter service for 3 years, unlimited miles/changes. This was purchased using the iPhone BMW app. Simple. I verified that the dealer accepted this program before purchasing.

We performed the required brake fluid service and I asked for the coolant flush also as I drive low miles, (currently 8700 miles total) as this has been recommended in the past for low mile cars... The oil change thus was included and the total out the door for the service , about $486.

Interesting that the next oil change was set for next year OR 9942 miles which is not a lot of miles..?, but according to the BMW Condition Based Service that is what was determined, but alas, it does not matter as the oil changes are good to go now for 3 years! I will just follow the computer programming recommendations or do it more often if I feel the need for it, but as I understand the service program is based of the CBS, so for high mileage drivers perhaps they would need to change the oil separately if the computer is not triggered, but not 100% on this.

I think it is a great deal and highly recommend all you 60 month owners (how many ogs out there from the beginning? Hello long timers ).

Hope this helps. BTW I did do the platinum extra 3 year warranty which runs out for me March 2026 (great deal from forum members) and oil runs out 1 year later, but still worthwhile.

take care

Last edited by CarPhanatic; 05-11-2024 at 01:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 02:10 AM   #24
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarPhanatic View Post

After 60 months of ownership we are eligible for $225 oil and filter service for 3 years, unlimited miles/changes. This was purchased using the iPhone BMW app. Simple. I verified that the dealer accepted this program before purchasing.

We performed the required brake fluid service and I asked for the coolant flush also as I drive low miles, (currently 8700 miles total) as this has been recommended in the past for low mile cars... The oil change thus was included and the total out the door for the service , about $486.

Interesting that the next oil change was set for next year OR 9942 miles which is not a lot of miles..?, but according to the BMW Condition Based Service that is what was determined, but alas, it does not matter as the oil changes are good to go now for 3 years! I will just follow the computer programming recommendations or do it more often if I feel the need for it, but as I understand the service program is based of the CBS, so for high mileage drivers perhaps they would need to change the oil separately if the computer is not triggered, but not 100% on this.

I think it is a great deal and highly recommend all you 60 month owners (how many ogs out there from the beginning? Hello long timers ).

Hope this helps. BTW I did do the platinum extra 3 year warranty which runs out for me March 2026 (great deal from forum members) and oil runs out 1 year later, but still worthwhile.

take care
I'm an OG with one of the first five 2020 M850i's to hit the US market. Curious on the oil/filter change after 60 months for 3 years deal via the app. Not frankly a concerned as I have the oil done every 5K at my dealer for $150 a pop.

Also have the platinum extended warranty that will see the car through December of 2027 but it will most likely long gone by then. It was chump change to add and now I'm planning my next move but in 2 years I'll most likely be living in Costa Rica (calling out the trump card on my semi-retired gig and closing the deal on the house there at the end of this month) and a high performance car is nonsensical. If you've spent anytime in Costa Rica you'll understand the why on that.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 10:59 AM   #25
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldyf93 View Post
Next time let them do the oil change and then look for instructions to reset the light yourself. It's easy with the control stalk.
I have the tool to reset it myself, including all other services.

This scope was "mandatory" or they couldn't perform the oil change. Their oil change is essentially $229. Typicaly bait and switch tactic that you expect from a used car dealer - not a BMW dealership.

It's like advertising a $150 tire special and once you arrive they charge another $150 for air.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 11:15 AM   #26
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:

There is a reason they target this specific audience. Be prepared to combat them every time you go as they will try to upsell you all kinds of services (which are not even in the prepaid maintenance packages.) They will try to sell you thousands of $ (or 10s of thousands) in repairs/maintenance items which will make you want to trade the car in for something newer.

I always recommend an independent shop after the warranty runs out. An oil change is something most shops can do without feeling pressured and it won't be much more expensive than $225.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 07:48 PM   #27
CarPhanatic
Rep
Drives: M850i 2019 coupe

Just to reemphasize. The $225 is the total upfront cost for unlimited oil/filter
for 3 years. That’s a pretty decent deal for oil changes long term. If one is sticking to bmw dealers for their service that is, otherwise I suppose if you do it yourself or have a local shop maybe it would be less?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 10:21 PM   #28
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Just to reemphasize. The $225 is the total upfront cost for unlimited oil/filter
for 3 years. That’s a pretty decent deal for oil changes long term. If one is sticking to bmw dealers for their service that is, otherwise I suppose if you do it yourself or have a local shop maybe it would be less?
I've looked for this on the app but can't find it after it redirects to "my garage" and available upgrades for service. Just the Ultimate Care+ packages are listed. Perhaps that's because my 5 year mark doesn't hit until 12/2024).
Appreciate 0