M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum Members Classifieds Custom JL Audio Sub/Amp & Enclosure

05-06-2024, 09:34 AM   #1
DoctorWatson
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 & X5M

Custom JL Audio Sub/Amp & Enclosure

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 2,000.00

Item Interest
Custom made enclosure with a pressure mounted front cover with JL Audio plexiglass emblems made for my 2023 M8 Coupe trunk.

JL Audio 10W7 included - ($1000+ new)
JL Audio HD750/1 amp included - ($1000+ new)
Custom enclosure with cover included ($1500 custom made)

Used for about 8 months in my M8 but recently sold so parting out.

Prefer pickup as I'm in the Kansas City area but would potentially be willing to ship at buyer's expense.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 11:56 AM   #2
DoctorWatson
Private
Rep

Bump, great deal to get custom enclosure and keep some trunk space!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 03:55 PM   #3
jslvseller
Rep
Drives: M8 Competition Grand Coupe

Hello, I have a 2022 M8 gran coupe. Do you know the width/length and depth dimensions of your set-up?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #4
JoelineM8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 F92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWatson View Post
Custom made enclosure with a pressure mounted front cover with JL Audio plexiglass emblems made for my 2023 M8 Coupe trunk.

JL Audio 10W7 included - ($1000+ new)
JL Audio HD750/1 amp included - ($1000+ new)
Custom enclosure with cover included ($1500 custom made)

Used for about 8 months in my M8 but recently sold so parting out.

Prefer pickup as I'm in the Kansas City area but would potentially be willing to ship at buyer's expense.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Hey Bud,
How are ya, hope all is well. Is this still available? If so I have few questions to start
1) Most importantly, we're you able to tap into the stock touch screen head unit of the M8? Is there a pre made wiring harness that can be purchased? My apologies but I haven't installed any systems in my last 3 cars with newer technology. My previous cars I always changed out the systems but back then we always changed out the head units and basically everything else. I'd love to have some bass again. But please bear with me on my questions regarding newer technology. Note: I won't be installing this, but want to ensure I have all the correct items and parts. Appreciate your patience and understanding.
2) Any idea what this total package weighs? Box, amp, everything... 3) How is the box designed to be mounted in place? Do you think can be set up and mounted with those easy clip in/out mounting brackets they make? I ask cause I track my car and would want to install via those easy clip brackets along with the easy in/out wiring clips for eazy removal on track days 4) Did you dynamat or add any type of sound proofing to the rear portion of the car? Not looking to add any, again due to added weight, but if you did add, wondering if you had ever had the box in and pumping without any sound proofing. How were the rattles? Did they increase over time? 5) Did you change out the stock Bowers and wilkin or Harmon Kardon speakers? I didn't add the upgraded spec, i have the standard HK stock speakers. If you kept stock speakers, which were u running? HK or BW? Any mods at all done to the stock speaker set up? How did the added bass sound with the stock speakers handling mids/highs? We're you able you run all tuning off the stock equalizer? Did you run a separate bass controller to only control the sub? I looked up the amp and I see the HD750 has the option for wired remote. Do you have any additional pictures of just the of the box. Appreciate your time answering these.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #5
DoctorWatson
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslvseller View Post
Hello, I have a 2022 M8 gran coupe. Do you know the width/length and depth dimensions of your set-up?
Box is 24" wide/14" tall/10" deep and sealed for the JL10w7

There is a faceplate wrapped in leather with the JL Audio emblems that is fit to the trunk as well as a back plate to fill from back seat location into trunk.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:28 PM   #6
DoctorWatson
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelineM8 View Post
Hey Bud,
How are ya, hope all is well. Is this still available? If so I have few questions to start
1) Most importantly, we're you able to tap into the stock touch screen head unit of the M8? Is there a pre made wiring harness that can be purchased? My apologies but I haven't installed any systems in my last 3 cars with newer technology. My previous cars I always changed out the systems but back then we always changed out the head units and basically everything else. I'd love to have some bass again. But please bear with me on my questions regarding newer technology. Note: I won't be installing this, but want to ensure I have all the correct items and parts. Appreciate your patience and understanding.
2) Any idea what this total package weighs? Box, amp, everything... 3) How is the box designed to be mounted in place? Do you think can be set up and mounted with those easy clip in/out mounting brackets they make? I ask cause I track my car and would want to install via those easy clip brackets along with the easy in/out wiring clips for eazy removal on track days 4) Did you dynamat or add any type of sound proofing to the rear portion of the car? Not looking to add any, again due to added weight, but if you did add, wondering if you had ever had the box in and pumping without any sound proofing. How were the rattles? Did they increase over time? 5) Did you change out the stock Bowers and wilkin or Harmon Kardon speakers? I didn't add the upgraded spec, i have the standard HK stock speakers. If you kept stock speakers, which were u running? HK or BW? Any mods at all done to the stock speaker set up? How did the added bass sound with the stock speakers handling mids/highs? We're you able you run all tuning off the stock equalizer? Did you run a separate bass controller to only control the sub? I looked up the amp and I see the HD750 has the option for wired remote. Do you have any additional pictures of just the of the box. Appreciate your time answering these.
1. Yes there is a premade harness that goes into the amp in the back drivers side of the trunk to the amp. Searches on here will link to the harness.
2. If I had to guess 50-60lbs total, I can remove the box rather easy with the 2 front and back/front plates holding the middle section in place. You could create an easy system to do this on track days too.
3. Answered in above.
4. No I didn't dynamat, did not hear any rattles except with rear seatbelts when they were laying against trim, easy fix just put them against the seat or wrapped in towel.
5. No kept everything stock and I liked the overall sound with just the added bass. Feel like the B&W sound is just missing good bass imo. Everyone's tastes are different. I did run the amp bass control to go up and down depending on the type of music I was listening too.

I do have pics of just the box but it is a simple rectangle with carpeted front in the sizes listed in my last post.
Appreciate 0