M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Official: No M8 Coupe or Convertible for 2021 model year

07-16-2020, 08:22 AM   #177
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubzeroF90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by c^2 View Post
Quote:
Contrary to what people are saying in this thread I believe the m8 is one of the best modern Ms Bmw has made in a very long time. It looks nothing like a mustang in person and to be honest anyone who says that probably has never seen one in person. The performance, rarity and uniqueness of it really makes me enjoy this car even more. I think they're priced a little high but I think Bmw did this to try to get a different type of buyer for the car. They wanted the m8 to be in a league of its own. To not be compared with the lower models. The only major issue I have with this car is the motor. It shares a lot of the same issues the f10 m5 has. Bending rods and weak engines. If I'm paying 160k for a M I expect it to be bulletproof. They should of found a way to put stronger components in the car at that price point instead of sticking a weak old engine in a high priced car.
^This.

I love my M8 [when it works]. If I didn't look at any other BMW in the line up and if I look at it objectively, it checks all the boxes.

But for a 160+ flagship, I'd expect some nicer touches e.g. 8-series specific seats, MASSAGERS, and etc akin to how the S63 stands out from other cars and the S560.

Not having fuses break when I use heated/cooled seats is a plus too...

What time of issues have you experienced? Only one I noticed is the AC doesn't really work properly. The only time the car stays cold is if I have the temperature set to low. Anything else and it will blow a mixture of cool and hot air.
Sounds like you need a new compressor. The AC Issue is a known problem with current V8 BMW's, your dealership should be aware and I would take it in.
      07-16-2020, 08:34 AM   #178
c^2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp Coupe

Quote:
What time of issues have you experienced? Only one I noticed is the AC doesn't really work properly. The only time the car stays cold is if I have the temperature set to low. Anything else and it will blow a mixture of cool and hot air.
Had an issue with my seat where turning on heat/cooling + adjustment of my seat would cause the fuse to blow and render my seat inoperable - took about a month and several visits to the dealers before they fixed it.

Haven't been with an issue lately, but I'm definitely on edge
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 08:46 AM   #179
mgod
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m4 csl 992 turbo S

Garage List
You'll need to get one

The best M car ever made !!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
'Cane8469.50
F85MTuNED1620.50
      07-16-2020, 03:23 PM   #180
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Just remember the M6 and 6 coupe didn't sell well either. It's more than just a cost issue. Tons of sitting inventory with former 6 and now 8. IMO bmw has a problem selling the 125k+ vehicle. They always have.

For those discussing Audi and the R8 they can't give them away and that model will be shuddered as it doesn't sell.

Coupes in general sell poorly. The 8 has an identity problem too. Sporty/Luxury/both whats it after bc it's certainly not grabbing Porsche 911 peeps.
Wolfman64811.50
Sedan_Clan24973.00
      07-16-2020, 04:15 PM   #181
mbanck
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 320ci, BMW F34 330dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
I am pretty happy with the quality of the M8 interior. In terms of quality a step up from our $135k E63s.
That car still sported a good amount of plastic even though it was decked out.

The question wether it's pretty or different enough is a personal taste question.
I like Mercedes interiors but the M8 interior is solid as well.

Not sure why everyone is looking for something dramatically different for the 8 or demands "exotic interiors" just because the car is more expensive.

A $230K AMG S65 had more or less the same interior as a $135k S560 when spec'd with exclusive Nappa. Nobody complainted about that.
However, the complaints appear to be less that the M8 has the same interior as an 840i but that it basically has the same interior layout as a 1 series, just with nicer materials.

Maybe the problem is that BMW has nailed the interior design in the G chassis and there is not a lot of reason to depart from that (let's see what the I4 will do).

Also, I think it is not realistic when people complain that "the 4 has the same interior as the 3" or "the M3 will have the same interior as a regular 3", that's just industry standard. Whether or not the new Mercedes A class interior looks similar to the S63 I cannot say for lack of interest.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 05:38 PM   #182
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
However, the complaints appear to be less that the M8 has the same interior as an 840i but that it basically has the same interior layout as a 1 series, just with nicer materials.

Maybe the problem is that BMW has nailed the interior design in the G chassis and there is not a lot of reason to depart from that (let's see what the I4 will do).

Also, I think it is not realistic when people complain that "the 4 has the same interior as the 3" or "the M3 will have the same interior as a regular 3", that's just industry standard. Whether or not the new Mercedes A class interior looks similar to the S63 I cannot say for lack of interest.
Well, I understand that but BMW has a similar layout across all models. Nothing new here.

A $175k M760i will have lots of similarities with a lowly $40k BMW yet there aren't the same complaints. Those interiors can't be compared yet they are just as similar.

There are several things I would also prefer in our M8 such as full massage seats and 7 series adjustability for the upper back. It is a tight cabin compared to the S-Class coupe green house and there are no roof options. A light headliner was a must for me...

But we have had plenty of cars with well appointed interiors and am satisfied with this one.

In regards to Mercedes, the S-Class set the dual screen design which has permeated throughout the line-up. Now the latest model is dramatically different and more controversial.
But you will find the A-Series layout in many MB models...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
'Cane8469.50
Wing Co239.00
      07-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #183
SubzeroF90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post

Well, I understand that but BMW has a similar layout across all models. Nothing new here.

A $175k M760i will have lots of similarities with a lowly $40k BMW yet there aren't the same complaints. Those interiors can't be compared yet they are just as similar.

There are several things I would also prefer in our M8 such as full massage seats and 7 series adjustability for the upper back. It is a tight cabin compared to the S-Class coupe green house and there are no roof options. A light headliner was a must for me...

But we have had plenty of cars with well appointed interiors and am satisfied with this one.

In regards to Mercedes, the S-Class set the dual screen design which has permeated throughout the line-up. Now the latest model is dramatically different and more controversial.
I have the same interior. Best option to get on this car in my opinion
Appreciate 1
Wolfman64811.50
      07-16-2020, 07:14 PM   #184
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Color can make a large difference, and I agree, with the 8 a lighter color interior is a MUST. I sat in an all black interior and it felt like a cave. Also extended leather is another must, otherwise you get the same cheap plastic from the 3er on the lower door bins and center console, somewhat inexcusable for a flagship model of its price to not be standard in my opinion.
Wolfman64811.50
JustChris17483.00
      07-16-2020, 09:58 PM   #185
fl650
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 & 2016 BMW X1

Some of these comments trashing the M8 interior are getting ridiculous. I've driven BMWs exclusively since 1987, and none of the interiors came anywhere close. There's also nothing in the existing model line that's comparable to an M8 with Bowers & Wilkins audio, full merino leather, and carbon fiber trim. My M8 in Marina Bay Blue with Silverstone leather and the carbon exterior package is stunning. (Lighter interiors clearly flow better, particularly with all of the silver speaker grills.) People stop me all the time to look at and complement the car. Based upon the forums, those of us who drive one of the 8-series variants seem very content. Yes, the car is expensive, and no, it's not for everyone. Personally speaking, I have no regrets. Isn't that all that matters?
Appreciate 3
'Cane8469.50
Wolfman64811.50
F85MTuNED1620.50
      07-16-2020, 09:59 PM   #186
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i Coupe

(I've been dormant on this forum for years, but this thread brought me back to the fold)

As a long long long time BMW fan/driver and recent 8 Series purchaser, here's my perspective, starting with the rational bits:

I recognize that BMW doesn't have the brand cachet (at least in the US) to sell many 6 figure cars, no matter the config. I recall reading, and please feel free to fact check me on this, that the S Class Sedan outsells the 7 Series roughly 4 to 1 in the US. Based on my personal experience I believe it, and this reminds me that the 8 effectively represents another variant of that same, long running issue.

The price spread between the lower model 8 Series models and the higher end cars is fairly severe on a percentage basis. One could say the same of a 911, but as much as I love the M8, the 911 variants are far more interesting in the aggregate, and I think that casts "glow" on the more basic models that the M8 doesn't to the same extent (few cars do, to be fair). Also, the 8 lineup crosses from under 6 figures to over which may be a mental block for some (they need you to KNOW it costs 6 figures and not mistake it for plebeian lesser cars). 🙄

Coupes never sell well anymore, especially less practical ones, let alone convertibles. And the Gran Coupe is a stunning design that costs less model by model, offers more practicality, including an important to *some* larger trunk opening (shit, I miss being able to toss a bike in my 435i Gran Coupe hatch with only the front wheel off), so of course the Gran Coupes will outsell the coupes/verts handily.

Many buyers in this price range are not actually car people so they buy what others buy or what looks good, and a 911 is proven (even as a semi-GT now), and Maseratis (not a fan, but I see a lot of 'em) and even many Mercs are flashier.

Here are the irrational bits:

I love big BMW Coupes and I've always wanted one, especially after a local dealer tossed me the keys to a new first gen 850i for a round the block drive many years back when my Dad was getting his car serviced.

I waited for the 840i because 1) the MUCH lighter weight than any other variant (GC and vert both weigh 300+ lbs more, and the 850s are fairly piggish with mandatory AWD) - while it's clearly no ballerina, at 3,900 and change, the 840i has more balance and dance moves than you'd expect, and 2) I strongly prefer BMW's inline 6s, especially those that feel more linear and less overtly turbocharged.

While I appreciate the more sports car oriented look of the M Sport trim, and the M8, I actually prefer the lines of the base, non-M Sport model (think older Jag), and thankfully I didn't have to give up any of the performance bits by leaving off M Sport because the base car is fairly loaded (I would've been very disappointed if BMW dared to charge for the HK stereo at this price, and the base seats and leather are really mediocre - the upgraded seats/leather should be standard for certain). Put another way, the difference between a base black/black lease special 840 and a nicely equipped and more visually appealing and luxurious 840 is only a few grand, and even the 850 isn't a huge leap. The basest of base models (especially with 18s) don't make a lot of sense to me and they cheapen the image somewhat given the starting price for this car. This isn't the 3 Series. BMW shouldn't need a volume model to act as the foundation for the better cars at this starting price.

Lastly, just to nerd out, I strongly prefer the satin silver base window trim over the black shadow line (if that's what they still call it).

I'm fully aware that the new 440 Coupe will be almost as big and faster (why not put the HO B58 in the 840i, BMW?) and probably nearly as well appointed, but it doesn't scratch the same itch for me, and that's because I have an emotional connection to this car. Not many people probably do, and combine that with all the rational explanations plus the fun of 2020, and what can you say about the production halt other than "darn?"

I thought about a new 911 - I'm also a Porsche guy - but I wanted a proper GT coupe (DAMMIT), and a lightly configured 840i Coupe at a great price was exactly the car I wanted as my DD. The M8 is obviously a much bigger hill to climb, but I'll say this: After only one week of driving and even tossing this car around mixed roads, I went right to the M8 configurator thinking about my next order/lease. Hopefully I'll still have that opportunity in a few years because the 840i is a flat out BRILLIANT GT that splits the difference between sport and luxury in a stylish, almost imperial fashion. This chassis is obviously ready to handle twice the power, but for now, I'm very pleased with the balance of the 840, and I only wish it came in manual like the early years of the 640i Coupe (the styling of which I never liked).

Context is everything, and for those who appreciate the 8 more for what it is than seeing it for what it isn't, it's very rewarding. I will maintain hope that its value in car-dome will be better understood in time, perhaps as more of the 840 Gran Coupes hit the road and people see them in fun colors and configs. Despite the massive cluster that was my delivery and tech setup, and a tragedy of time-consuming errors by BMW that I'm still working through weeks later, I love this car more than I should any leased, found on the lot DD, and I find myself looking for reasons to drive it. What more can I say?
Appreciate 1
JustChris17483.00
      07-16-2020, 11:20 PM   #187
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl650 View Post
Some of these comments trashing the M8 interior are getting ridiculous. I've driven BMWs exclusively since 1987, and none of the interiors came anywhere close. There's also nothing in the existing model line that's comparable to an M8 with Bowers & Wilkins audio, extended merino leather, and carbon fiber trim. My M8 in Marina Bay Blue with Silverstone leather and the carbon exterior package is stunning. (Lighter interiors clearly flow better, particularly with all of the silver speaker grills.) People stop me all the time to look at and complement the car. Based upon the forums, those of us who drive one of the 8-series variants seem very content. Yes, the car is expensive, and no, it's not for everyone. Personally speaking, I have no regrets. Isn't that all that matters?
Totally agree although I' haven been driving BMW's since 1987. The first one was my wife's X5 which I custom ordered with Dakota interior to offset her white exterior (picked Mineral White for that) requirements. For my M850i I fell in love with Fiona Red/Black and custom ordered it in full leather and built the car around it. Albeit that Fiona is a darker red but it still lightens up the cabin vs all black (which was never even a consideration).

In all of my encounters with the outside world (random people in parking lots, etc.) whom have commented on the car they have been nothing but positive. It generally starts out in regards to the Tanzanite Blue exterior which is a chameleon depending on the lighting but in the AZ sunlight the sentiment is "amazing". For anyone whom has engaged further to check out the interior the sentiment is nothing but "gorgeous" with often a positive expletive thrown in.

Although I definitely over paid for my custom build 2020 M850i coupe (one of the first 10 allocations for the US) vs a "deal" on a remaining 2019 (which nothing matched my requirements) I have zero regrets whatsoever. Regardless of any 8-series owner's "deal" (a great one just makes it sweeter) I doubt anyone has a single regret.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 11:46 PM   #188
PawnStar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: twin turbo 6 with frunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by simianspeedster View Post
(I've been dormant on this forum for years, but this thread brought me back to the fold)

As a long long long time BMW fan/driver and recent 8 Series purchaser, here's my perspective, starting with the rational bits:

I recognize that BMW doesn't have the brand cachet (at least in the US) to sell many 6 figure cars, no matter the config. I recall reading, and please feel free to fact check me on this, that the S Class Sedan outsells the 7 Series roughly 4 to 1 in the US. Based on my personal experience I believe it, and this reminds me that the 8 effectively represents another variant of that same, long running issue.

The price spread between the lower model 8 Series models and the higher end cars is fairly severe on a percentage basis. One could say the same of a 911, but as much as I love the M8, the 911 variants are far more interesting in the aggregate, and I think that casts "glow" on the more basic models that the M8 doesn't to the same extent (few cars do, to be fair). Also, the 8 lineup crosses from under 6 figures to over which may be a mental block for some (they need you to KNOW it costs 6 figures and not mistake it for plebeian lesser cars). 🙄

Coupes never sell well anymore, especially less practical ones, let alone convertibles. And the Gran Coupe is a stunning design that costs less model by model, offers more practicality, including an important to *some* larger trunk opening (shit, I miss being able to toss a bike in my 435i Gran Coupe hatch with only the front wheel off), so of course the Gran Coupes will outsell the coupes/verts handily.

Many buyers in this price range are not actually car people so they buy what others buy or what looks good, and a 911 is proven (even as a semi-GT now), and Maseratis (not a fan, but I see a lot of 'em) and even many Mercs are flashier.

Here are the irrational bits:

I love big BMW Coupes and I've always wanted one, especially after a local dealer tossed me the keys to a new first gen 850i for a round the block drive many years back when my Dad was getting his car serviced.

I waited for the 840i because 1) the MUCH lighter weight than any other variant (GC and vert both weigh 300+ lbs more, and the 850s are fairly piggish with mandatory AWD) - while it's clearly no ballerina, at 3,900 and change, the 840i has more balance and dance moves than you'd expect, and 2) I strongly prefer BMW's inline 6s, especially those that feel more linear and less overtly turbocharged.

While I appreciate the more sports car oriented look of the M Sport trim, and the M8, I actually prefer the lines of the base, non-M Sport model (think older Jag), and thankfully I didn't have to give up any of the performance bits by leaving off M Sport because the base car is fairly loaded (I would've been very disappointed if BMW dared to charge for the HK stereo at this price, and the base seats and leather are really mediocre - the upgraded seats/leather should be standard for certain). Put another way, the difference between a base black/black lease special 840 and a nicely equipped and more visually appealing and luxurious 840 is only a few grand, and even the 850 isn't a huge leap. The basest of base models (especially with 18s) don't make a lot of sense to me and they cheapen the image somewhat given the starting price for this car. This isn't the 3 Series. BMW shouldn't need a volume model to act as the foundation for the better cars at this starting price.

Lastly, just to nerd out, I strongly prefer the satin silver base window trim over the black shadow line (if that's what they still call it).

I'm fully aware that the new 440 Coupe will be almost as big and faster (why not put the HO B58 in the 840i, BMW?) and probably nearly as well appointed, but it doesn't scratch the same itch for me, and that's because I have an emotional connection to this car. Not many people probably do, and combine that with all the rational explanations plus the fun of 2020, and what can you say about the production halt other than "darn?"

I thought about a new 911 - I'm also a Porsche guy - but I wanted a proper GT coupe (DAMMIT), and a lightly configured 840i Coupe at a great price was exactly the car I wanted as my DD. The M8 is obviously a much bigger hill to climb, but I'll say this: After only one week of driving and even tossing this car around mixed roads, I went right to the M8 configurator thinking about my next order/lease. Hopefully I'll still have that opportunity in a few years because the 840i is a flat out BRILLIANT GT that splits the difference between sport and luxury in a stylish, almost imperial fashion. This chassis is obviously ready to handle twice the power, but for now, I'm very pleased with the balance of the 840, and I only wish it came in manual like the early years of the 640i Coupe (the styling of which I never liked).

Context is everything, and for those who appreciate the 8 more for what it is than seeing it for what it isn't, it's very rewarding. I will maintain hope that its value in car-dome will be better understood in time, perhaps as more of the 840 Gran Coupes hit the road and people see them in fun colors and configs. Despite the massive cluster that was my delivery and tech setup, and a tragedy of time-consuming errors by BMW that I'm still working through weeks later, I love this car more than I should any leased, found on the lot DD, and I find myself looking for reasons to drive it. What more can I say?
You obviously did not test drive base Pana
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 01:34 AM   #189
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnStar View Post
You obviously did not test drive base Pana
And you obviously didn't count how many times I used the word COUPE in my post or note my love of BMW inline 6 engines. If you can find me a base pana with 2 doors and an I-6, I'll consider it.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 09:04 AM   #190
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
I am pretty happy with the quality of the M8 interior. In terms of quality a step up from our $135k E63s.
That car still sported a good amount of plastic even though it was decked out.

The question wether it's pretty or different enough is a personal taste question.
I like Mercedes interiors but the M8 interior is solid as well.

Not sure why everyone is looking for something dramatically different for the 8 or demands "exotic interiors" just because the car is more expensive.

A $230K AMG S65 had more or less the same interior as a $135k S560 when spec'd with exclusive Nappa. Nobody complainted about that.
I think part of the problem is that the new Mercedes interior design/layout has more potential than the new BMW design. The MB is more organic, flowing and when specced highly with well chosen materials it looks “expensive”, out of the ordinary, and gives owners a sense of exclusivity. Whether it’s in a C series, A series or S series.

By contrast, BMW went the way of the spartan in the new designs (3 series, 8 series etc), meaning a simplified aesthetics with more straight lines, sharper edges etc. For many more people that just doesn’t equate with luxury, they respond better to the MB interior style which can be thought of as overwrought in comparison to the BMW.

It’s interesting that the X5, X7, 7 series and 5 series still have the more classic BMW layout and interior design, which to my eyes looks better and more special than the one in the 8 series or 3 series. No doubt they will be redesigned for the next generations and brought in line with this more minimalistic approach.

I’m a serial M owner to some extent, and in an M car I favor the simple, classic, driver oriented interiors of old. I like the fact that my M3 has analog gauges, they match the intent of the car. In a daily driver I could get used to a digital display, but the problem is that I hate the new BMW layout and graphics, counter rotating virtual hexagonal dials and all. To me it appears different just for the sake of being different.

I guess my point is that it’s fine to apply the same design up and down the line, but only when it is spot on. If you miss, then you’re ruining all the cars.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 4
      07-17-2020, 06:49 PM   #191
Al Pinã
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by farishat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPichardo View Post
BMW just told us that there won't be a 2021 M8 Coupe or Convertible for the US.
That's ok, cause a Ford Mustang looks exactly like the coupe and convertible, and much cheaper
On a forum chock full of ridiculous comments, this one takes the cake.

Might wanna make an urgent appointment with an eye doctor.
Not really, every time I see one mustang is the first thing that comes to mind.
Nice try, but pictures don't do the 8-Series justice. I live in Chicago which has a metropolitan area with over 12 million people, so I've seen tons of 2020 Mustangs in person while driving around. Never once did I mistake it for a BMW. I will reluctantly admit that it looks pretty good for a Ford, although they infamously "borrow" design language from premium brands. I'm talking to you Aston Martin grille on a Focus, and new Explorer cloned shamelessly from LR Discovery....

Here's what matters: If an 8 Series coupe pulled up next to a Mustang in traffic, the Ford would drive itself directly into the nearest sewer. And that's just talking about the EXTERIOR! The BMW is simply in a different league as an overall automobile.

Amusingly, your post reminds me of when people used to say the 2010 Chrysler 300's looked like Rolls Royces. Another absolutely ridiculous comparison in every sense of the word.
fl650130.00
'Cane8469.50
BigHunk269.50
      07-18-2020, 09:19 PM   #192
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by farishat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPichardo View Post
BMW just told us that there won't be a 2021 M8 Coupe or Convertible for the US.
That's ok, cause a Ford Mustang looks exactly like the coupe and convertible, and much cheaper
On a forum chock full of ridiculous comments, this one takes the cake.

Might wanna make an urgent appointment with an eye doctor.
Not really, every time I see one mustang is the first thing that comes to mind.
Nice try, but pictures don't do the 8-Series justice. I live in Chicago which has a metropolitan area with over 12 million people, so I've seen tons of 2020 Mustangs in person while driving around. Never once did I mistake it for a BMW. I will reluctantly admit that it looks pretty good for a Ford, although they infamously "borrow" design language from premium brands. I'm talking to you Aston Martin grille on a Focus, and new Explorer cloned shamelessly from LR Discovery....

Here's what matters: If an 8 Series coupe pulled up next to a Mustang in traffic, the Ford would drive itself directly into the nearest sewer. And that's just talking about the EXTERIOR! The BMW is simply in a different league as an overall automobile.

Amusingly, your post reminds me of when people used to say the 2010 Chrysler 300's looked like Rolls Royces. Another absolutely ridiculous comparison in every sense of the word.
I remember that but think it was the Chrysler 300 looks like Bentley
eman45171708.00
      07-19-2020, 07:17 PM   #193
fl650
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 & 2016 BMW X1

Suddenly over the past week, all of the vehicles I've been following for several months have been sold. Convertibles are still available, however, coupes in any color other than white, black, or grey are becoming difficult to find, particularly with Bowers & Wilkins audio. If you're looking for a specific build and not willing to settle, start thinking about buying something sooner rather than later. Towards the end of the year, pricing will likely get better, however, deals are definitely available if you take the time to look for them. I'm realizing now that I purchased my car just in time.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2020, 06:47 AM   #194
HHGClark
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7, 2020 M8, 2020 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl650 View Post
Suddenly over the past week, all of the vehicles I've been following for several months have been sold. Convertibles are still available, however, coupes in any color other than white, black, or grey are becoming difficult to find, particularly with Bowers & Wilkins audio. If you're looking for a specific build and not willing to settle, start thinking about buying something sooner rather than later. Towards the end of the year, pricing will likely get better, however, deals are definitely available if you take the time to look for them. I'm realizing now that I purchased my car just in time.
I wonder if I bought one of the cars you've been watching? Closed the deal last week. Aventurin/Beige Comp Coupe. Car ships this week and I should get it end of this week or beginning of next. Colors outside the normal black, white and grey are definitely getting harder to find. There is still a ton of inventory out there though.
Appreciate 1
'Cane8469.50
      07-21-2020, 02:08 PM   #195
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Lexus looks more like Mercedes, but it's available at least.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...ocialflowFBCAD
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 02:33 PM   #196
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

Re Lexus: Nope. Not with that grill. Never. Nope. Nope. Nope.
- Retired: Three Lexuses.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 03:09 PM   #197
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post

Shockingly this is one case where the spindle grill works. The LC honestly is pretty gorgeous. Still feels weird to say that about a Lexus but that NA V8 and gorgeous interior all that with Toyota reliability too, now just fix the damn infotainment!
      07-21-2020, 03:56 PM   #198
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post

Shockingly this is one case where the spindle grill works. The LC honestly is pretty gorgeous. Still feels weird to say that about a Lexus but that NA V8 and gorgeous interior all that with Toyota reliability too, now just fix the damn infotainment!
that's what bloozemanAZ said too!
Appreciate 0