M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Current final purchase #s on new M8 GCs?

05-10-2024, 09:15 AM   #1
GladiatorOwner
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C

Current final purchase #s on new M8 GCs?

So I am looking into purchasing/leasing a new M8GC but cannot get a handle on what the dealer is asking and what I can obtain as a final cost. Most threads discuss purchasing used M8s but not many on new. Anyone have a recent experience with purchasing a NEW M8GC on costs? TIA
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 10:16 PM   #2
eldyf93
Extraordinaire
Rep
Drives: F93

Post an actual document with numbers so we can help. Your request is too vague.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 10:24 PM   #3
GladiatorOwner
Captain
United_States
Rep

You’re thinking too hard on this. TY for helping. It’s simple (in my head anyway, lol), most M8 GC are around 150k. Right now dealers are dropping their ask 12K with all incentives wrapped in, so around 138k. Wanting to understand what a good deal is really. And trying to gauge if 12k is good or are they/dealers willing to go further since these cars are not moving…
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 01:46 AM   #4
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner View Post
You’re thinking too hard on this. TY for helping. It’s simple (in my head anyway, lol), most M8 GC are around 150k. Right now dealers are dropping their ask 12K with all incentives wrapped in, so around 138k. Wanting to understand what a good deal is really. And trying to gauge if 12k is good or are they/dealers willing to go further since these cars are not moving…
The longer the car sits on the lot the greater potential discount (to your point not rocket science). I'm out of the game at this point but $12K off would be my starting point and if you love the build/spec go for it as I can guarantee you will not regret it after the ever present buyers remorse (all large purchases come along with that) on a M8 GC.

Vic55 may be able to help on what the current discount should be. He is the forum's expert on that no questions asked.
Appreciate 1
Vic5519790.50
      05-11-2024, 10:34 AM   #5
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
The longer the car sits on the lot the greater potential discount (to your point not rocket science). I'm out of the game at this point but $12K off would be my starting point and if you love the build/spec go for it as I can guarantee you will not regret it after the ever present buyers remorse (all large purchases come along with that) on a M8 GC.

Vic55 may be able to help on what the current discount should be. He is the forum's expert on that no questions asked.
So first off, thanks Ray for the tag...

as for new deals, I am still hearing that one can get a nice dollar discount off the M8; there is a rebate on it too but I am not sure the amount but (was in April) was around 7500 dealer cash.

Then the rule of thumb is as follows on BMW products---

MSRP minus 6 percent will yield you invoice or circa that amount.
MSRP minus 11 percent is the full invoice and holdback discount. Whereas holdback is a hidden profit allocated for the dealer so they can move cars without full disclosure of profits. Of course there are rebates and I still think the 8's have them but they are trunk in nature so its up to the dealer to disclose.

So to the OP, lets see your msrp on the car you like and the Gross Cost of the car (pre any down payment that would reduct said cost).

I havent been shopping the M8 as I have one but I know my dealer locally last month was ok with 10 percent off MSRP and a portion of the trunk monies.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 02:34 PM   #6
GladiatorOwner
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thanks Vic and others, very helpful thoughts.

$149,845 is MSRP. At this stage I am not planning on buying this one so we don’t need to go any further unless someone is interested in the overall discussion.
Appreciate 0