03-08-2018, 03:15 PM   #20
advantage20
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
It was confirmed by a well known BMW insider that this is the real thing...
Great renders

Well I think Scott meant that this is overall indeed very close to production in that most of the body, actual body panels, silhouette, kidney grille, rear lights... are identical to what they will be on the production car, contrary to the initial 8 Series Concept which was quite a bit more idealized.

However, aside from the obvious side mirrors and lack of door handles and grille badge, I feel like they've also tempered a bit with some other less obvious parts, even though not as much as on the first 8 Series Concept:
- Headlights: they definitely aren't as slim as on last year's concept, but they still seem a little bit slimmer than the actual production version judging from the spyshots and the leaked photo.
- Front air intakes: are they going to make them so high? 🤔
- Trunklid: maybe the ducktail spoiler won't be as theatrical (don't remember seeing it quite as high on the M8 camouflaged prototypes), but I hope I'm wrong.
- Rear bumper: I would really hope they keep it close to the concept, but would they really build a new bumper instead of using the M Sport bumper and simply changing the lower black part, like they seem to have done on the M5? Again I hope I'm wrong as the concept looks savage 😍

Last edited by advantage20; 03-08-2018 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 0