United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Is the Cerium trim not so nice in-person? It looks good in the pics. :
In all honesty by the time the Shadowline parts and carbon fiber mirror caps arrived at my dealer the Cerium totally grew on me and I was liking it. I think the original shock of just another BMW snafu on my 2nd order sent me over the top when the cover was pulled off the M850i in the receiving bay. I literally stood there in shock and said to my CA the exterior trim was wrong. I think you could hear a pin drop after that statement before my CA went into action.

I also had more than one co-worker whom came to check out the car in my office parking lot state they liked the Cerium (or as described by them "brushed chrome") and weren't so sure about swapping for black. In the end I'm totally happy with the final result but could have easily lived with the Cerium after the initial shock wore off.
I've seen the Cerium and I own the black shadow. Both look nice for different colors. I think on blue cars (tanzanite, sonic blue, baracelona, etc) the black looks better, personally.

However, the carbon fiber is NO question better on ALL the 8s series. I've seen without and mine with it. The carbon fiber all around (mirrors, diffusers, etc) looks way better on every color in the rainbow from black to blue to red and even white.

I think it's not even a question about the carbon fiber looks.
Appreciate 0