View Single Post
      01-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #29
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

There is no way the US would have a autobahn. Unless they charge money to drive on it, which I think is very reasonable. Most lunatics idiotic drivers (Prius drivers) wouldn't even want to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSwift View Post
I can sympathize with the Left Lane Loonies that want to sit there at 65mph in a 75 zone, texting, while drinking coffee and doing their makeup.

...Terrible example but you get the idea.

I've tried to intelligently handle these idiots by giving the quick flashes of the high beams (BMW didn't take away that functionality from the american cars thank god) but I either get the finger in response or they move out of the way just to get right on my ass and leave their high beams on.

The quick flash is supposed to be a friendly way of reminding slower motorists that they are screwing up traffic flow in the fast lane and to gtfo. It's not like I've got road rage and I want to kill their first born child so they can't create another slow mindless waste of space like the rest of the cattle herd on the roads today.

Bill Burr did a special a while back and although crude, his ideas on solving the whole mindless masses problem was actually pretty spot on with the way our society is these days...but I digress.
I don't ever flash my high beams. There are far too many stories where that causes road rages and someone ends up getting killed.

The best option is to just change lanes and pass on the right. Less hassle than tailing their ass and telling them to move.
Appreciate 0