United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Negan View Post

if it were up to me i'd keep the tubs (F1 & Indy both) because they do prevent people getting killed, throw the rest of the rule book in the trash, reissue the 1975 rule book which, except for necessary stuff like minimum weight, displacement and so forth, was essentially no rules. for example: during the 1974 Players Series (Atlantics) you'd walk onto the false grid to see 20 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT cars from six different chassis manufacturers and a menagerie of aerodynamic devices that could and did change from meeting to meeting. F1 in those days was even better: one year you'd have Ken Tyrrell show up with six freaking wheels on his cars: organizers looked, rubbed their chins, said "alright lad, have at it". today they'd have Ken arrested.
i think the problem is that organizers everywhere have come to believe that spectators are only interested in the drivers, an idiotic idea that had it's origins with Bill France and spread like plague. Tony George (a complete knave imho) caused the plague to mutate into the dopey kit-cars we have now.
Formula E makes my teeth itch. i have nothing else to say about Formula E.

Last edited by Poiseuille; 04-09-2018 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: addition
Appreciate 3